Tuesdays Tour. . .My friend Amanda’s Thanksgiving Home

Yesterday I stopped by my friend Amanda’s home.  I only had my phone with me, but I decided to snap photos to share with you for Tuesdays Tour.

I tried to share this earlier today, but my laptop would not download my phone pics.  Don’t ask me what was going on.  Hubby came to the rescue.

IMG_1392

Amanda has a gorgeous buffet in her family room.  This beautiful platter sits on top.
It was a gift from a friend.  It has a small chip, but still stunning!

IMG_1391

This plate rack made by her talented hubby is one of my two favorite pieces he made.  It helps separate the kitchen from the family room.

IMG_1400

This little berry tailed turkey sits beside it.

IMG_1401

This is the other piece he made that I love.

IMG_1404

She’s getting ready for the big day with her cookbook at hand.

IMG_1395

Her table is topped with a fall quilt she made and a vintage gold cake stand that she bought at a yard sale.

IMG_1394

IMG_1396

Seasonal towels hang from her hoosier.

IMG_1407

IMG_1406

IMG_1408

IMG_1410

She also made this runner.

IMG_1409

She found this at our local thrift last week when we went after our quilt guild meeting.  Guess what folks?  I have one that I made years ago from the same pattern.

IMG_1398

Sweet little crochet pumpkin pie made by our friend, Beth.

IMG_1405

She recently finished this wool penny runner.  I have one started, but haven’t finished it.

IMG_1403

And a couple wooden pilgrims to say. . .

IMG_1411

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope you enjoyed the tour!

hugs,
Jann

20 comments

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love everything, specially that great turkey platter! Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
FABBY

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Beautiful decor for Thanksgiving! Love all the homemade items throughout her home.

Junkchiccottage said...

Cute cute and more cute Jann. I thought you were the queen of holiday vignettes but I think you might have some competition lol! Love all her festive touches for Thanksgiving.
Kris

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Such sweet, cozy vignettes, perfect for Thanksgiving!

Dana Bishop said...

She really does the homespun style very well. I love all of her sweet touches and yes, I am coveting the plate rack. Thanks for the tour!

Tea in the Library said...

Cheerful, cozy, welcoming. Love the handmade pieces.

Anonymous said...

I've so enjoyed my tour. Her home is so lovely and she's made some pretty quilts and runners! Love the turkey platter.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Stacey said...

How perfect and how sweet of your friend to share!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I loved the tour, Jann. Your friend has so many pretty quilted pieces and I love the penny runner. It's so stunning on the black background.

Kim said...

What a charming space she has, Jann! It looks like a pretty shop decorated for the holiday. Her colors are fabulous, very festive!!

Susie said...

Jann, Such nice decorations. Love that platter. Now that truly looks like a thanksgiving keepsake. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

mimi_62 said...

Thanks, Jann, for making things in my home look good. You are a very special friend!

Rose said...

I love the turquoise cabinet! Such talented people!Wanted to let you know I have a problem with blog and it will not let me post! Going to seek help!

Julie said...

That turkey platter reminds me of one my mom had when I was young...a nice walk down memory lane ;)

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Cute and cozy!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Cynthia said...

Those pieces Amanda's husband made are so pretty. Very festive home for the holiday. Thanks for sharing

Cindy

Shirley Hatfield said...

I usually skip doing Thanksgiving decor...my little grandkids from Idaho love to see Grandma's house decorated for Christmas. Maybe someday I will have one of those elegant Thanksgiving table settings that look so beautiful on Pinterest. Your friend's house looks lovely!

Gina said...

Amanda has added so many pretty touches to her home for Thanksgiving! Thanks for sharing her home with us. Looks like both she & her hubby are quite talented.

Anonymous said...

beautiful thanksgiving touches that bring out the season -- lovely! I bet your house smells good too..
Happy Thanksgiving..
I am moving.. after Thanksgiving - that's the surprise..no grand babies

Hugs..

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Beautiful, warm and cozy Thanksgiving decor...I love that Turkey platter!!

Instagram