LOVE. . .A Many Splendored Thing Valentines Mantle

With Valentines Day just a week away we are seeing a lot of love here in our home. 

 
 
And wouldn't you agree that Frank Sinatra said it best when he sang, "Love is a Many Splendored Thing"?
 
 
The arms of this sweet angel I made years ago are overflowing with love.
 
 
 
Love is a many splendored thing
It's the April rose that only grows in the early spring
 
 
 
These gorgeous faux flowers certainly do remind me of Spring!
 
  


 Love is nature's way of giving a reason to be living
The golden crown that makes a man a king
 


Being in love makes every man and woman feel like a King and Queen!
 
 
 
 
Once on a high and windy hill
In the morning mist two lovers kissed and the world stood still
 
 
 
notice the little girl kissing the boy in one of my vintage Valentines?


 When our fingers touch, my silent heart has taught us how to sing
Yes, true love's a many splendored thing
 
 


I made the heart garland by sewing two paper hearts down the center and then bending one forward.
 
 

 
 
 
Lots of things that I love. . .Put them all together and what do you get?
 
My family room Valentines Mantle
 
 

A little bit of LOVE from me to you!

hugs,
Jann
 
 I will be sharing with these lovely parties:
Grandma's Ideas Party

18 comments

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I'll be humming that song all day long! Your Valentine's mantel looks fun and festive with your handmade and vintage decor, Jann!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Jann, I love that song and all the love in your home!
hugs,
Linda

priscilla said...

Beautiful Jann ! Love the quilt and the frame with the love in it !

Susie said...

Jann, I think it all looks so nice and pretty. My favorite is your cute angel. Hope you are having a great weekend. xoxo,Susie

Winnie said...

The quilt is soooooooo beautiful Jann :)
Although we don't celebrate Valentine's Day (we have a similar holiday in the next few months), I love the feeling of love that you share here!!

21 Wits said...

What a clever and artistic touch to decorate for Valentine's Day!

Sarah said...

LOVE the love vibe going on around your home, Jann. The wheel with the vintage valentines is adorable. Very clever!
Happy Valentine's Day!

Rose L said...

Cute! Valentines day makes me sad now as I miss my hubby. He would always buy me a card, flowers and a box of chocolate covered cherries (my fave). Then he would do something special, like take me on a picnic,to an event, to a movie,...something sweet. Miss that.

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

All the LOVE in your home looking so pretty. Love the wheel with the vintage valentine's card. Also love the quilt! I'm not feeling to much love at the moment since I have a really bad cold,,,and just gave it to MR. C, so he doesn't have to much love for me either :-{

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Jann,
What a "LOVE"ly post, everything is perfect for Valentine's Day, thank for sharing all of your cute stuff with us.
Have a great week!
Gina

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Beautiful Jann! You are so creative. I remember my Mom having Sinatra albums she played on the new hifi when I was a kid. ;)

cynthia lee designs said...

Jann...love your sweet little angel doll holding the hearts. Just so sweet!
~Cindy

Unknown said...

What a wonderful vintage display to honor Valentine's day! I love all of it Jann! I'm going to feature this on my Favorite Things Friday post o 2/13.

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

The mantle looks great. Of course there is no one like Frank. The artist now days sound like they are screaming a song.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful post.
Happy Valentines Day.
Mary

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

What fun and cute décor for the love holiday! I don't decorate for Valentine's Day but you have inspired me!

20 North Ora said...

Lots of love here.

Judy

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Your Valentine touches are so darling and fun. I'm sure family and friends really fill a touch of the loving day when they stop by.
~ Hugs, Jo

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Happy Valentine's week!

Hugs,
Kelley~

Instagram