Thrifted Treasures. . .

Hello my friends, You know how much I love finding treasures!

I've mentioned before that my eye Dr's office is right by a thrift shop.  Well, I had an appt. Monday so I had to stop!

I found a few things that were as cute as a bug. . .

 
 
I love enamelware and although these aren't old, they will be so fun for summer!
A bargain at $.50 cents each.
 
The pan is by Gooseberry Patch and I love that it has a couple of chips.
 
 
 
I also found another fun pin to add to my new collection.  I didn't realize how similar it was to the one that I already had, jjust a lighter pink. It's hard to tell, but the dark pink one has a lady bug on one of it's petals.  I found it a while ago at an estate sale.
 
 
 
Some of my finds were a little bit rustic. . .
 
Another enamel piece for $1, again not old; just made to look like it is; and an old butcher block for $2.
It was quite scratched and weathered, but after a good scrubbing I rubbed it with grapeseed oil.
 
*here's a tip I learned:  Don't soak butcher block!  lol!  I stuck this in the sink with water and bleach to sanitize it.  When I took it out one edge totally pulled away and it started to crack.  I tried to bend the edge back thinking I could wood glue it, but it snapped off.  I just pulled that entire piece off and it seems to be usuable.
 
 
Some of my finds were just sweet:
Like this, ( I think) vintage bird planter.
I paid a big whopping $.75 cents for it.

 
 
Some of it was a bit fancy. . .
 
5 Noritake china salad plates for $10.
 
 
A red transferware gravy boat for $5.
Not vintage, it had a Home Goods sticker on the bottom, but it's perfect to add to my collection!
 
 
 
A hand painted saucer for $1.  It matched my other recent find hand painted plates so well.
 
 
 
I found a few items that were just useful:
 
Some green sheet moss, a string of pearls, rustic fasteners, and a plaid lined basket. 
 
I love plaid for Winter.
 
The liner is removable and it's a very sturdy basket with handles.
 
 
 
Well, there's my recent finds.
But did I ever hit the jack pot yesterday.
 
I found something fabulous that was white, a little something blue,  and another red and white treasure!  swoon!!
 
Just a little tease. . .
 
I'll be sharing them soon!
 
hugs,
Jann 
 
I will be sharing with these fun parties:
 
 

42 comments

Leslie said...

I love those jackpot days! You've found some great treasures. Do you ever watch that show called American pickers? My husband loves it, and every time it's on I want to go out and find junk. : )
Hope that you are staying warm.

lynn cockrell said...

Jann, I really enjoyed the post and beautiful pictures of your great finds from the thrift store. So many bright and beautiful items! I have found some pretty great things lately too, but have not found time to post about them. I have been asked to make a couple of items for an upcoming family wedding. My friend spotted a sweet little flower girl basket while we were out. I am going to redecorate with the color scheme of the wedding. Have a beautiful weekend!

Melissa said...

Oh that cream/green enamel cup with lid is awesome, even though it isn't old. It matches the enamelware color I collect!

J said...

Lovely treasures! I enjoyed seeing them all. The little bird planter reminds me of things my grandma had. And I love it when older things have little chips in them. That means they were used and much loved. I feel good about rescuing and giving them a good home again!

NanaDiana said...

What fun treasures you found Of course you KNOW I love the red transferware piece Love the enamelware, too xo Diana

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

You hit the jackpot!!
I love the enamelware that will be adorable for summer.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

You certainly have great luck finding treasures!...Great deals Jann...and I think I used to have a pin like that when I was in high school!...(a few years ago!!!)
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

That gooseberry pot is really cute! ♥

Kris said...

What great finds Jann! Wouldn't it be fun if we could thrift together!!!?? Love that shippy enamel bowl!!
XO Kris

Conniecrafter said...

I love that enamel ware too, wow such great prices, that pin with the lady but is too cute, how neat to have found another like it!

Salmagundi said...

Great treasures! Anxious to see what you haven't shown us -- hope it's more transferware!!!! Sally

Mary Ann Potter said...

Yep. You hit the jackpot all right. Nifty finds. I love the red and white --- hurry, summer! It's cold here on the farm!

Sending blessings!

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Jann,
It is so much fun when you find so many treasures all at one time. You had a good treasure hunt day for sure. Love everything you found.
Kris

Lulu said...

You are an expert at finding treasures, and I know they will all show up in some very clever way.

Rita C at Panoply said...

Jann, I'd say you did well! Can't wait to see what else you got. Love those vintage plates that you only paid $10 and $1 for.
Rita

Anonymous said...

You always find the cutest stuff! I never knew butcher block would come apart from soaking either. I love the pitcher!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

The enamel mug is really cute.

Rose L said...

I would have snatched up the gravy bowl, too! Love it!!!! Going to the Home and Garden show today.

Susie said...

Jann, Adorable treasures. I don't think everything has to be old to wanted and admired. LOL Hopefully...or I'll be out in the cold. :):) I love the birdie. So sweet. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo,Susie

Jonell w Harrison said...

Rustic finds, huh? RUSTIC my friend IS GOOD!!!

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Oh don't you just love it when you find some wonderful things? They were just meant to go to your home! hugs Jo

Kim said...

I think I've said it before, but you have the best thrift store...what awesome treasures!!

Christine said...

I'm living vicariously through you!

Unknown said...

I'm new to your blog and love it. I was wondering if you know why I only get a few of your pictures, 4 this time. The rest are blank with a small x in a box.
Thanks for sharing...Nancy

Cynthia said...

Jann great treasures. Who cares if the pins are similar. Perfect for spring. Love the gravy boat, vintage or not

Cindy

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Love all your treasures but especially that little birdie. Adorable!

Sarah said...

Good for you, Jann. I stopped by an estate sale this morning. Couldn't go on opening day yesterday. Too bad because most of the transferware was already sold. Certainly all the good pieces. I did pick up a great blue and white tablecloth and an Italian gold leaf tray. Not bad.

Joy Junktion said...

I love the gravy boat and that little enamel mug with the lady bugs on it is just too cute! You'd have to be careful with it if we were neighbors - LOL!! Great finds! Blessings, Cindy

Stephanie said...

Cute as a bug indeed :) You find some of the most delightful items, Jann - what fun!

Happy weekend to you!

Patti said...

Such cute items! I just love the red Gooseberry bowl. How fun that will be to use this Summer. You just found lots of loot!

Debra Howard said...

adorable things! Can't wait to see how you use them.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What great finds, Jann! I'm not sure if you'll see this because all my comments are coming back as failed messages. It's so frustrating!
Happy weekend!

farmhouse-story said...

love the new finds, jann! i need to find a thrift store:)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Awesome finds!! I love the old books and red transferware pitcher!

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Love your treasures, and you found a few similar to some I just found! Don't you just love thrifty!

Winnie said...

I love your founding :)
Especially the first two

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Jan, Well I guess you had a good report from the eye Doctor for you to be able to see and find all those treasures! LOL I do love the red and white gravy bowl...
Swoon your so funny!
Hugs, Roxy

Maureen Wyatt said...

Well that was a pretty good haul for one store!

HWIT BLOGG said...

Lovely treasures! Wow!
Have a happy weekend and take care...
Titti

GrammaGrits said...

Great finds! Just found your blog site and love it.

Diana said...

Great finds, Jann :) I'm so into cutting boards right now, so I love your butcher block. Thanks for the warning, BTW! Love the gravy boat, too, new or old, it's still pretty.

Katie Mansfield said...

That is a great deal for the gravy boat. The enamelware is too adorable.

Instagram