Treasures and Trinkets Tuesday #4

Hello my friends,
boy am I ever excited to share my new found treasures
 with you today!
 
I have picked up some really fun trinkets for an upcoming craft project, but I'm going to save them for a later date.
 
Yesterday two of my friends, Joanne; whom I met a few years ago through Instagram and Kaylyn, whom we connected through Instagram as well;  and recently met at one of my estate sales went gallivanting.
 
We had such a fun day of junking and laughter!  We hit a total of 8 thrift stores and shared lunch and conversation with one another.
 
Nothing could have been better to take my mind off of my recent worries!
 
Oh my, I had a RED hot day of thrifting!
 
Let's just say that I brought home a lot of red.  What could be better than that for this red lovin sista?  :)
 
I shared this photo this morning on both IG and FB.
 

I already have 2 or 3 glasses with this design in my basement kitchen.  Of course, I jumped on 8 more for $.75 cents each.  I'm not sure if the ones I have are the same size or not.  I need to go see.  My friend Joanne found the darling squared pedestal and passed it on to me.  It was $4.99.  She also found a red tool box and offered it to me.  I have a couple and talked her into keeping it for a Christmas display.  The small cherry glass was too cute to pass up, even if I just use it for display.  It was $.75 cents as well.
 

 
I love children's sewing machines and have a collection of 4.  Didn't have a red one and I scored it for $10.  Woot, woot!!


 
I knew I would be mad later if I passed up this red rocker for $15.  I will probably sand it a bit more and call it good.  We walked into a thrift and I instantly fell in love with this red cream separator.  It was marked $70 and they had an ebay picture next to it showing it being listed for $129.  I wanted it so badly, but didn't want to dish out quite that much.  Between Joanne and I talking to the sales woman she had the manager come out and she came down to $50.
SOLD!  (wink)  It will be so fun holding ornaments at Christmas time, don't you think?

 
For someone who hates plastic (pretty much anything), I brought home two items.  The white doily and the table runner.  I just thought they had that 'fun' factor.  The doily had plastic holly berries on it, but I cut them off.  They'll probably show up
in a craft project.

 
The runner is long and will be fun on a table now and then.  Great for my front porch!



A couple of $2.00 wicker baskets will end up in my pantry.  They are wonderful for holding food items.  You know that I would not have looked at them twice if they hadn't had the checked liners.  lol!
 



The last two items will be great when I am recovering after my surgery on the 25th.  Looks like it's going to be more extensive than what we originally thought.
 


 
I found other treasures that didn't fall into the RED hot category so I am saving them for a future post.

Here's hoping that you can find some junk for your trunk!!

It makes me ever so happy!
hugs,
Jann 
 
 

19 comments

R's Rue said...

Love.

FABBY'S LIVING said...


You sure scored dear Jann, wow! Love EVERYTHING you got my friend.
The pedestal with the cute glasses on top are adorable !
Is the special tea party tomorrow for TEA DAY ?
I remember you mentioning something in the order.
Hugs,
FABBY

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Well I have finally met someone that loves red like I do. Have red in almost every room in my house.

You certainly found some wonderful treasures WOW.

I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery and I just know that everything will come out just fine and you will be ready to go junkin.

Take care my friend.

Hugs,
Mary

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Great red hot finds. Love the books. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Great shopping. Always fun to see what's out there for the picking.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I just love all your RED!! You always find the best stuff! I think I said that on your last post too :-) Will be thinking of you on the 25th and waiting to hear how you're doing.

Happy@Home said...

That sounds like a fun day gallivanting with the gals. My sister-in-law and I meet most Fridays for lunch and gallivanting. I enjoyed seeing your treasures. Such happy and fun pieces. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts on the 25th.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Jann - love the red, the sewing machine is a sweet treasure. Hugs, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Joy

Connie said...

Jann, your excitement is over flowing . . . fun finds. I have that cottage style book too, I found my copy at the Goodwill :)
Happy shopping!
Connie

Stacey said...

Jann, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Deanies Stash said...

Love all your treasures! My favorite is the red sewing machine. I don't have one that color either! LOL!

xo Dianne

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I remember the little glasses with the cherries on them. Oh, it's something to be old enough to remember collectibles when they were new!

Let's get old enough to remember antiques when they were new!
Praying for you this morning.


Please drop by and say hello!
ஐღLaura ღஐ
Harvest Lane Cottage
...doing what I can with what I've got where I am
on a short shoestring budget!
~~~~~

Creations By Cindy said...

Jann, you did indeed score you some red girl! I love it and I love RED too! That is the cutest kids sewing machine. Oh I wish I could go a thrifting with you! Have a great day. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Sunnyeri said...

Wonderful design, Dear!
I`m following your blog with a great pleasure with GFC
Please follow me back - Sunny Eri: beauty experience

janie said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Wishing a speedy and complete recovery for you, Janie

happyone said...

My favorite color is red so I really like all your red goodies!!
I will be praying for you on the 25th!!!

Anonymous said...

What great finds and bargains.
Marion

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your goodies that you bought. I love All of your purchases. Red is such a cheery and uplifting color.
Marilyn

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love a red and white color scheme so your treasures all appealed to me, Jann! I love using baskets in my pantry too. I am keeping you in my prayers for a successful surgery and complete remission. ((((hugs)))

Instagram