Blue Looks Good on You!

2011-09-25 Front Porch Fall

Hey Mr. Porch, I just bought an old  cupboard.

Didn’t know what to do,

but gotta say, “Blue Looks Good on You”!

 

A bit of blue with festive Fall,

Purple, orange, yellow and gold.

Makes a blue cupboard look good,

no matter how old!

 

You can hang out with my black

drop leaf table.

Black and blue are always in,

that is, except on the skin!

IMG_3459

Mums the word we like to hear.

So hears hoping you enjoy my new old cupboard, dear!

IMG_3457

IMG_3470IMG_3471

I love these bumpy pumpkins!  Warty enough to make any witch a bit envious.

2011-09-25 Front Porch Fall1

IMG_3460

When it comes to coffee, I’ll take mine with filters only please. I like a little white and tan.

I want my door a color SO BAD!  Haven’t convinced Hubby yet.  “Too nice of  wood”.

A true blue friend, Amanda surprised me by sitting this darling pitcher on my countertop one morning.  What a delight to my eyes!  She found it at D.I. for $1.50.

IMG_3486

Mother Nature is still allowing late bloomers to thrive.

Collages2

In fact, look at this Sweet Potato Vine.  He’s all but coming in the front door.

IMG_3493

IMG_3466

Added a few more things after I took this pic.

IMG_3477

Why I fell in love with this cupboard the first time I spied it at Star Mill Antiques.  Because of all of the many cubbies for displaying treasures.

I imagined it full of popcorn and candy jars in our future theater room.  But for now, the front porch will do. 

2011-09-25 Front Porch Fall3

The teapot I bought at the $1 store years ago.  I have a plate to match.  I just bought the two mini oil lamps at a yard sale for $3.

IMG_3465

IMG_3483

My stab at poetry is really quite comical, but hopefully it’s always good for a laugh or two.

Now that I have shown you my Fall décor inside and out.  It took about four posts, but I did it.  I hope It helped  put you in the mood for Fall.

Jann

Linking this post with:

 Southern Hospitality for Monday's Thrifty Treasures

The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Mondahy

 Little Red House for Mosiac Monday

 Southern Hospitality for Door Decor Linky Party

Fall_Link_Party_Rhoda

http://commonground-debrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com/

30 comments

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I am so glad you showed the whole front porch...it is so pretty and I can get an idea of how it really looks!

eileeninmd said...

Lovely fall decor! Your porch looks beautiful and the flowers are gorgeous. The colors are so pretty. Wonderful photos and mosaic. Have a great week!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the 'add a few more things'! I get my photos taken...and then add more! You should join Mosaic Monday with these neat collages! ♥

Old Time Cindy said...

Your front porch is so warm and welcoming...love it!!!

Geneva said...

Oh Wow! Your porch is lovely and I loved reading about the process. I'm definitely inspired!

Pondside said...

You clever blogger, you! I liked the mood of this post - and have to agree that blue looks good on your porch!

mimi_62 said...

LOVE, LOVE it ALL. What a busy bee you are. None busier, or better. Love your blue pitcher. Adds just the right kind of color.

As always, thanks for sharing.

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Loving your beautiful outdoor decorations, not only is the blue pretty that yellow is divine!!! Have a beautiful week!!!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Everything looks so charming and inviting and those pumpkins add just the right amount of autumn spirit.

A Garden of Threads said...

The front porch looks so inviting. Great job.

Unknown said...

It all looks fabulous! I love the cupboard!

Enjoy!!
Kathy

Lorrie said...

Your porch looks like a wonderful place to relax.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Thanks for the wide shot. Your porch looks great. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Joanne said...

I am in the mood for fall thanks to you! I love your cupboard. and I am a sucker for teapots!
Blessings, Joanne

Shannon Green said...

Your house looks like it should be in a magazine! Everything is just beautiful!

Teacup-In-The-Garden said...

What a nice mosaic! I like pumpkins so much! Have a nice week,
Markus

Anonymous said...

Loved it!

Tried to comment twice previously. Have to anonymously. Please add my e-mail address to your address book. Maybe that will remedy it.

Kelley of Kelley Highway
P.S. OUR CONTAINER ARRIVED!

Diane Writes said...

I enjoyed viewing each picture. Enjoy the season! :)

Anonymous said...

Loved your beautiful photos. That Fiesta vase is a find for $1.50!

Snap said...

Your front porch is so much fun. Love all the wonderful deals you found and your *new* cupboard. Have to say I'm in love with the Fiesta pitcher! Happy Fall!

★Carol★ said...

Oh Jann, your porch is just stunning! I love your new blue cupboard, and everything on it, and that old yellow chair just POPS next to your black table. You've definitely inspired me to really step up my Fall decorating this year!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Oh this is just a show stopper! Love the vintage yellow chairs and that cupboard and those adorable shade-less lamps!

L'Heure Bleue At Home said...

I just love the blue pitcher. Thank you so much for awarding me with the Versatile Blogger Award. I mentioned you on my last post and linked back to your blog.

www.raemissigman.com said...

love love love that cupboard!

rachel@Acts of Life said...

It looks so nice and cozy on your porch. I love the flowers..what is the large purple flower in the front? It is so pretty!

Rachel~

Jenny said...

What beautiful vignettes!

Southwest Cottage Designs said...

Your home looks beautiful! The fall colors and decor look so pretty, and I like that sweet potato vine. I've wanted to try planting one at my high desert cottage. Seeing yours inspires me to try it.

Mary @ Framed and Tagged said...

Love your porch!! Love that pop of blue too!

I'm your newest follower and would love if you would follow me.
Have a wonderful day!!

Connie said...

Hi, I just came over from House in the Roses and saw your lovely porch, sugar. I just love the way you've put the hutch, door and red settee with yellow lawn chair. You do decorating well, chickee!! Darling.
xoxo,
Connie

sabri said...

yes...your post made me smile..it's three a.m..and i needed the smile..hubby brought a trantula home today and I am not happy !!!...the long legged critter wIll be going back to pet store tommorow..i am so terrified can't sleep...thanks for sharing..and following me on my blog..

Instagram