Sweet Wheat!

 

I was not planning on doing a post today. But sometimes plans change.  Yes, I am very flexible with my schedule. I just got home from running errands and I couldn’t wait to share what I found.

SWEET WHEAT dishes.

IMG_3501

IMG_3502

IMG_3503

While out I decided to swing by the D.I.

These dishes (all but the S&P shakers which I bought for $1 at a yard sale) were in the collectibles case.

Now, things in the collectibles are always priced a bit higher.

The set of four:  Plate, bowl, teacup and saucer were $5. I didn’t think that was too bad.

I knew that they were not the same wheat pattern as my other collection.

But I sure thought they were cute. 

This is what it says on the bottom.

IMG_3511

Anyone familiar with this?  Autumn gold, how appropriate.  You’d a thought I had struck GOLD when I saw them.

In case you missed the post I did on my other wheat dishes, here’s a glimpse.

IMG_3505IMG_3506

IMG_3508IMG_3510

What do you think?  Would you have bought the D.I. set?

Just gotta say, “There’s GOLD in them thar thrift stores!”

Jann

Linking this post with:

http://mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com/

http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/

Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Cap Creations for her new linky party of Thrifty Love

21 comments

mimi_62 said...

You did good, again. I remember when those dishes were in. Look good with your other stuff.

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Absolutely, I would have bought them in a heartbeat for that price! They look gorgeous and so perfect for the season. Great find! Thanks for letting us take a peek.Hugs~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Hi Jann:

Absolutely beautiful and YES I would have bought them :)

I shipped your goodies Parcel Post (slower method) and yes, it can take that long. I am here at the Jersey Shore and in the past, it has taken forever to get things across the country. Let me know as soon as you get it OK? Thanks!

Roselle

Sherry@The BarnQuiltStore Blog said...

Yes, I would have bought them! They're perfect for Fall & look so pretty with your others!
Good job!
♥'s
Sherry

andrea@townandprairie said...

These are super beautiful retro! I love the golden colors...they make the whole table sing. andrea@townandprairie

WhyCuzICan said...

That will look lovely in a Autumn tablescape...how pretty :D

Visiting from Coastal Charm Nifty Thrifty Tue Linky Party today,
~Suzanne in NW Illinois

www.raemissigman.com said...

what a super find! i love them!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Yes I would definitely buy them. I love the gold color. They look so nice with you others.
Barb

Chubskulit Rose said...

Those are beautiful design!

My Mellow Yellow, have a fabulous week!

Shanna said...

What a neat collection. Love the pale yellow color.

christina'marie said...

Thanks for stopping by! I'd have to say you did pretty good yourself:) That set is beautiful!

Diane Writes said...

Wow these are classic pieces!

poppilinnstudios said...

Perfect for Fall and a great price!
-Lynn

Ky said...

You need my two wheat glasses! I will give them to you.

Karie said...

Oh, I love those wheat dishes. They are beautiful. And the salt and pepper shakers are gorgeous. Karie

Anonymous said...

I think they look complimentary together! Perfect for all your autumn meals. Jackpot!

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Oops- that anonymous up there's me, Kelley of Kelley Highway.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Jann, your wheat dishes are in my Homer Laughlin reference book. It says the pattern was probably distributed as a grocery store promtional item! You made a great find!!! I'm your newest follower!!!

Anonymous said...

Your wheat dishes are great but I'd probably want to make a teacup birdfeeder out of the teacup. Of your "other dishes" I am loving the pitcher and the white trays. Great stuff there!

Thank you very much for linking up to our first ever thrifty link up at Cap Creations. Love having you and love some of the ideas I'm seeing around here!

Beth said...

Jann, Your dishes are really lovely! Great find.

Cap Creations said...

Hello, we will be sharing your wheat dishes over at Cap Creations on Friday! Thanks for linking up!

Instagram