Fabulous Fall

Fall is such a fab time of year!  The sun still shines most days, but the cooler weather is a warm welcome!

As I came home from a quilting retreat last Thursday evening.  My friend, Jill and I noticed that the leaves in Spanish Fork canyon had started to change color.  There were pops of orange and red everywhere.

Just two days earlier, on our way to the retreat we saw no sign of color.  How quickly things can change.

So it is with my décor.  For now it’s Fall, but in just a couple of weeks it will be Halloween. From there you know the rest of the story.  Seems like it’s just one Holiday after another.  How quickly time flies!  Especially when you’re having fun.

Thought I would share a bit of my festive Fall before, just like the leaves; it quickly disappears.

 

IMG_3363

IMG_3364

2011-09-17 Fall Decor 2011

I love doing stitchery.  I made this one last year.  It was so fun!  The leaves are tiny pieces of fabric.

IMG_3396

2011-09-17 Fall Decor 20112

IMG_3374

At my house, if it’s a table or has a top ; it’s getting decorated.

IMG_3373

Collages

008

IMG_3387

The Sunflower table scarf once belonged to my Aunt Viola.  She lived close to our grade school.  My sisters and I would stop by after school for her wonderful custard and rice pudding.  I loved her, and cherish this treasure!

IMG_3386

Fall is the perfect time to pull out snuggly quilts.

IMG_3365

I love the pops of chenille in this one called ‘Pumpkins Gone Wild’

IMG_3367

This one is called, ‘Pioneer Picnic’

IMG_3385

I just made a new sunflower quilt at the retreat.  Can’t wait until it’s quilted!

IMG_3380

I added a couple of vintage books to bring out a bit more blue and orange.

IMG_3515

My giant rustic acorn seems to be quite content nestled among the leaf, berry, and mini pumpkin garland.

IMG_3516

The owl candle holder is a new purchase.  Had to have him, he’s such a ‘HOOT’!

IMG_3381

IMG_3383

2011-09-17 Fall Decor 20111

IMG_3375

Happy Fall Y’all!

Jann

I am linking this post with:

Fall_Link_Party_Layla

http://theletteredcottage.net/ideas-for-fall

Little Red House for Mosiac Monday

House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday

Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphis Monday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday

29 comments

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jann! Did you know I've attempted to comment on your blog at least four times in the past? Your domain says it doesn't like me and returns all my comments FAILED. ???

HOWEVER, I love the little framed stitched piece with the fabric scrap leaves. Did you tea stain the muslin here and there to get that affect?

I also adore the little stitched mantle piece. From apple to scarecrow, it's precious!

HOPE MY COMMENTS AREN'T REJECTED... again! I'm signing this anonymously this time just in case.

Kelley of www.kelleyhighway.blogspot.com

Pondside said...

That was a delicious glimpse of fall at your house - those quilts are gorgeous!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Well, clearly we are on the same wave length. I love taking out all of the autumnal decor..and I love the golds and oranges!! Your post had me gawking from start to finish. The quilts are stunning!

Diane Writes said...

Happy Fall to you Jan! I feel like you're enjoying it already. The quilts in a ladder is so adorable. Have a great week!

genie said...

What a precious home; your seasonal decorations add so much to the overall charm and warmness. Your quilting is beautiful. I have a halloween one that is simply waiting for me to bind it, and I just keep putting if off. Seeing all of your goodies makes me want to get started finishing it up. Love the post. It is colorful and so filled with HAPPY. genie

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Oh Jan....everything is sooooooo gorgeous. I just love all you hand made items...such a warm home...thanks for sharing!

Mary said...

Oh my goodness, you are so talented! I love your quilts and your stitchery. Thanks so much for sharing at MM, and happy Fall! xoxo

Shop Girl said...

Jann, where do you keep all this fantastic stuff? Love your fall decor!

Rosie Gan said...

Wow Jann, I love your teacups and your home. Am following your blog!!!
Rosie

eileeninmd said...

Happy Fall to you! I love the quilts they are just beautiful. And your fall decor is winderful. You certainly are ready. Wonderul photos, have a great week!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Your quilts are just beautiful! The colors are so vivid and warm. WOW! Wishing you a grand week! Cathy

The Country Nest said...

Thanks for the visit. I love your fall color and your quilts are beautiful. I will become a follower of you too.

Angela said...

My goodness, these pics just had me let out a sigh of complete joy! How I love the soothing effects Fall has over me. I love all the pictures you shared here....how sweet to have that runner from your Aunt. Isn't it wonderful how some items bring such beautiful memories back..Blessings.

Unknown said...

Everything looks grand!!! Love it all. I'm like you, if it has a flat surface, it's getting decorated!

Have a wonderful week.
Kathy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the quilt on the ladder! I may want to try that! What a wonderful way to enjoy this gorgeous quilt! And you have so many pretty Fall things! THANKS so much for the quilt pattern! What a nice surprise to find it in my emails this morning! Enjoy your day! ♥

★Carol★ said...

Your Fall decor is just beautiful Jann! I especially love all of your quilts and your stitched pieces. Your home looks so warm and cozy!

Pamela Gordon said...

Your home looks very cozy all decorated for fall. Your quilts and gorgeous and colourful and I like that sweet stitchery with the fabric 'leaves' on the trees. Pamela

Teacup-In-The-Garden said...

Wow, great Quilts and Stitches. Thanks for sharing!
Have a nice week,
Markus

ellen b said...

You really have a cornucopia of fall items. You are getting me in the mood for sure! Enjoy...

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann,

What a beautiful collection of fall quilts...Love the stitchery too!! Fall has certainly arrived in your home, everything is very comforting. Can't wait to see the new sunflower quilt from the retreat.
I know you must of had a great time, good for you!! Nothing like sharing the creative spirit!!
Well keep up the good work, have a great week!
All the Best,
Christine

Peg said...

You think the owl is a hoot, you are a hoot! Love all of it, the quilts are so fun and colorful. Simply beautiful. I am excited to see your sunflower quilt.

Joanne said...

I have started decorating too, but your place is so cool. I love the first picture with all the quilts. They are beautiful!
Blessings, Joanne

Toni said...

This is my first time visiting your blog. I love all your fall decor. The quilts are georgous. Thanks for sharing your home.

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Fantastic fall post! Love those gorgeous autumn colours. Hope to see you on my blog:)

Angela said...

God is good all the time. Her recovery is coming along. She is able to communicate much better and her speech is getting stronger. Thank you so much for your prayers...I did go to work and it was a blessing. Thank God I was at courtesy desk instead of working as the manager that night. God KNEW I would not have been able to be pulled a million places. It was an easy night and I had a wonderful conversation with a co worker and the night went by quickly. I am now running a daycare during the week at a place that works with refugees and immigrants. It is such a joy to be working with children again, BUT not having a daycare in my home anymore.lol. It's really nice having a house to ourselves finally after 20 years...Blessings.

rachel@Acts of Life said...

Very cute and festive...I found your blog on table top Tuesday...glad I did! I love the sunflower garland you have on top of the bluish book shelf. You have lots of wonderful decorations. I also really like your quilts...I just decided the other day that I want to make a fall quilt. We'll see how that goes! lol

Many Blessings,
Rachel

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Wow, such wonderful fall decor. I love the quilts, they are fabulous and all of your vignettes are stunning. So much inspiration. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

So many things to see here. I'm crazy about anything stitched so I especially enjoyed the quilts and embroidered pieces. Enjoy the warmth of the season.

Nicole said...

Hey There Mrs Oleson! Just catching up on my blogging and wanted to say I am so loving your fall decor- thnkks for taking the time to share all of that with us! You have some beautiful stuff and good taste for decorating, my friend. :)

-The Old-Fashioned Housewife (aka the Armchair Housewife)

Instagram