It’s a Bling Thing…

 

This afternoon I found myself anxious to start bringing out the Halloween décor.

However, my daughter is throwing a Bridal shower for one of her friends at my home on Saturday.

Her and her friends will be decorating with a Fall theme.

So to satisfy myself I tinkered a bit.

Went outside and grabbed a couple of pumpkins off of the porch.  Brought them inside and started to bring on the bling!

IMG_3522

Fall is a great time to get a bargain price on pots.  These two were 75% off at a local nursery.  The diamond studded pot came just like that.  The other was plain black.  I blinged it up by using Terrifically Tacky Tape and orange glitter.  This tape is fabulous whenever you want a straight line of glitter.  It comes in various widths.  Just apply to surface, peel off protective film.  Sprinkle on glitter and voila!

IMG_3540IMG_3541

IMG_3532

IMG_3521

Two of my friends and I made these cute straw pennants today.  I tied one to the tall pumpkin along with a key and a sweet tag I received with a give away gift that I won a couple weeks ago.  Just received it in the mail yesterday.

IMG_3527IMG_3523

IMG_3529

IMG_3533

The blingy dots and spirals came from a discount store. $3.99 for 2 sheets. I only used about half.

IMG_3543

The give away that I won was on Linda at Coastal Charm’s blog. http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/  Roselle from  http://roselle-seasiderosecreations.blogspot.com/ donated the two items.  These darling mini frames.  One a chalkboard and the other burlap with a key. Be sure and go check  out their blogs, they are delightful..  Thanks so much Linda and Roselle.

IMG_3534

IMG_3520

Look at these yummy apples that Rianna, my daughters friend dropped off at the house tonight.

They’re for the shower on Saturday.  Hmmm, wonder if she knows that caramel apples are one of MY MOST FAVORITE treats in the world?  She’s really taking a chance there wouldn’t you say?

IMG_3537

Now if that doesn’t get you in the mood for Halloween, I don’t know what will.

See you later,

Jann (Hopefully, I won’t have caramel on my face)

I am linking this post with:

Courtney from French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday

2805 for Potpourri Friday

Stuff and Nonsense for Fridays Unfolded

One Artsy Mama for Fall Craft Challenge – Pumpkins

fallcraftchallenge

Running with Glitter linky party

Cutie Pie Cottage for Dotty Hop Day

Dotty_Hop_Day_3

19 comments

Sherry@The BarnQuiltStore Blog said...

Love your pumpkins, punkin'!
We're headed out this weekend to the apple orchards & hope to bring back fried pies, apples, & fun photos!
♥'s
Sherry

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm going to look for those dots and spirals! The pumpkins and pots look so neat! I'm in the holiday mood, too! ♥ Pass me one of those apples! heehee! ♥

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann,

Your pumpkins are just glamorous! Love the all the glitz. The fall theme bridal shower sounds like lots of fun!! Love the apples too!
Have a great weekend!

All the Best,
Christine

mimi_62 said...

You just inspired me to put out my Halloween. I bought my pumpkins yesterday. Thanks for telling me where to get them.

Your blog pictures are great. Have a great weekend.

poppilinnstudios said...

Hi Jann,
Those pumpkins are sooo cute. I have to find some of those dots and spirals! I love Halloween decorating.
-Lynn

Kris said...

Hi Jann,
Those pumpkins are adorable! Yep...I am in the mood for Fall!!!! Big time!!! Hope you find yourself having a wonderful weekend!!

Unknown said...

Sooo fun! Glitter and bling makes everything better, right? I'd love for you to link these up to my pumpkin themed craft challenge, going on right now!

http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/fall-craft-challenge-4-pumpkins.html

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Oh girl...I wish I could find some of that pumpkin bling...that is right up my alley!! You did such a good job!!

sabri said...

very cute..i just did some fun pumpkins myself...wish i would of thought of the bling !!

Anonymous said...

So that is how everyone is doing those blingy pumpkins! So cute.

Blogger is not letting me post this morning so I had to go with the anonymous setting.

Zoey from Perennial Passion.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, those pumpkins are so cute. And I love caramel apples. We have them every year. Isn't if fun to decorate for Fall? Jess did a Halloween post today too. I guess there's something in the air.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Honey at 2805 said...

I like your tricky out, blingy pumpkins and pots! They are so cute! Isn't it nice to receive gifts from friends? Lucy you!

I am delighted that you linked to Potpourri Friday. I appreciate you and hope to see you again this Friday!

The Charm of Home said...

Your pumpkins are so cute! And, the caramel apples looks awesome! Thank you for linking it to Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Anonymous said...

cute stuff! I'm about to make an apple crisp! thanks for linking up with Dotty Day! ♥

★Carol★ said...

I think you just changed my life, now that I see that tape! I can't do a straight line at all, whether it's cutting or painting or anything. Can't wait to try this, and I love all of your decorations!

GardenOfDaisies said...

Super cute bling pumpkins!! That glitter tape is so cool. Can think of tons of ways that would come in handy! The apples sure look delicious!

Sandy said...

I love your Holiday table decorations... sinc all my kids moved so far away I don't bother with such things.. I did put a Mum outside and some silk fall flowers in vases... haha
Nice
Sandy

Amanda said...

Love these pumpkins and the inexpensive way you made the pots to match. Great ideas.

Unknown said...

Hi Jann:
I have been MIA from blogging a bit and logged on today to see you finally got the giveaway! LOL
You Halloween decorating seems to be in full swing. Very inspring! Going to take a peek now at all your fun posts!
Roselle

Instagram