All Cooped Up!

If you’re like me, during the long winter months you find your mind reminiscing  with thoughts of Spring and Summer.
I find myself longing for the day when we will no longer be ‘Cooped Up’ indoors and enjoy the wonders of Spring.
I marvel at what beauty God and Mother Nature always has in store for us.
This weekend my thoughts turned to chickens and coops.  There are many gals out there in blogland that talk about their ‘ feathered girls’ and how much they enjoy them.
Ever since I was a young girl I have wished that I had grown up on a farm.  Oh how I would love to own a coop of my own.  My son bought his first chicks, (Cookie and Oobie) last Spring and is now reaping the reward of two fresh brown eggs daily.
While I’m dreaming I thought I’d share with you some pics of what I’ve been dreaming about.
These were taken at a local garden tour I attended last June.
It’s always such a thrill to see what lies just beyond the garden gate.
130
This cock of the walk had entire access to this wonderful garden.  As we toured, he just strutted around like nobody’s business.
2011 Garden Tour
131132
See what I mean?  He’s all puffed up with pride over his masters garden.
136
141
Can you blame him?  Even the front entrance was a welcome sight!
145
This coop sent me to ‘chicken heaven’!  Generally, when you think of a coop, you think of a country farm.  Not so for these chicks.  Check out the grounds that they belonged to.  No, this owner did not give them run of the yard.
2011 Garden Tour1
Look at the darling wreath and French welcome on the door.  How cute is that?
118
This garden had much more eye candy that I will share with you another day.  Until then, keep on dreaming and scheming (I know you’ve got all kinds of thoughts running through your heads) of fun projects to start on this Spring.

127
Till next time, Au Revior!
Jann
I will be linking my coop dreams with:
Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
http://blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com/2012/02/home-and-garden-thursday_08.html

24 comments

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I think we are all dreaming....

Carol @ Always Thyme to Cook said...

Beautiful gardens! Great shots. Looks like afun tour of the gardens.

ellen b said...

Beautiful Jann...I'm dreaming with you!

Snap said...

What a fun garden and with chickens! I love fresh eggs. I *coop* myself during the summer ... too darn hot to do anything! Thanks for sharing this beautiful garden. Always fun to see what's behind the garden gate.

Lorrie said...

This is a dream I could indulge in, too. Chickens seem like friendly, easy creatures to have.

eileeninmd said...

What a fun post, I am longing for spring too. I love the chicken and the coop. Great photos.

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Yes Spring and Summer is a wonderful time to look forward to spending outside with my chickens, as well! This is a very beautiful garden and chicken coop that you blog about here! Thanks for posting about it!
Blessings,
Susie

black eyed susans kitchen said...

I would love to have chickens in the yard and these pictures are so inspiring...really beautiful. I think our dreams are similar.

Babs said...

It would be fun to have a few chickens, but they aren't allowed in our neighborhood. The garden is gorgeous. I'd be like that rooster and struttin' my stuff too if I lived in that garden.
Have a great week,
Babs

Pondside said...

We have hens and they have a lovely big coop and the run of a big field during the day. If I lived in town I'd still want hens, and I'd love to have a little 'French Hen' coop!

My Little Home and Garden said...

I really must go on a garden tour or two this year. What fun!

Pamela Gordon said...

That is a beautiful yard, garden and chicken coop. Makes me long for summer days.

Teacup-In-The-Garden said...

I love that garden-tour! Have a wonderful week,
Markus

Anonymous said...

I have been pinning all the beautiful gardens and ideas at Pinterest as I am so ready for Winter to be over!!

What a lovely tour and I would love to have chickens too! I have bees- chickens are next!

Diane Writes said...

Awww, I'm dreaming with you too Jann. The pictures gave me a breather from the hustle of my city life.

★Carol★ said...

I'm dreaming right along with you, Jann! I can't wait for Spring, and I've always wanted a chicken coop. They're such pretty birds!
Happy Monday,
Carol

Old Time Cindy said...

Yes...I'll take some Spring! And I would love to have fresh eggs!

June said...

~SWOON~
What a beautiful garden. I love their arbors and gates!

The chicken coop is crazy awesome!
I love your blog Jann. What a beautiful home you have.
hugs,

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann,
Lovely garden...
I love that wreath on the door to the coop!!
Such a lovely landscape...
All the Best,
Christine

Anonymous said...

Jann I watched a Martha Steward show years ago about chicken coops- you wouldn't believe the little palaces some of those chickens had!!!

Oh your pictures are making me long for spring as I look at my snow covered yard!

Unknown said...

Beautiful coop and gardens! My 3 hens just started laying again. I'm hoping to get a couple of new ones this spring, but we need to rebuild our coop and re-do the back yard (my chickens completely tore up my yard!). There's a great book called "The Art of the Coop", which has lovely pictures and plans.

Unknown said...

I love those pictures! I want green!!! That coop is to die for!

Janice Kay Schaub said...

Ooooh I do so want Spring to come. I have read this post before but I had to have another look. It is so inviting
Janice

LifeLessOrdinary said...

Hi, I just found your blog through the Delightsome Life's home and garden link up. Following you now with Linky Follower. Love your blog :)

Shasta
intheoldroad.blogspot.com

Instagram