Old Mother Hubbard. . .

What’s in your cupboard?

I’m sure that most of you have a favorite place that you like to decorate.  For me, it’s my blue cabinet in my entryway.

Yesterday I started pulling out Valentines Day décor.  This is a bit early for me.  Usually I wait another week.  It’s been so dog gone warm here that the Winter décor just wasn’t cutting it.

I loved this cabinet from the first time I saw it.  It was priced $400, which really wasn’t bad.  But then they had a 20 % off sale so I knew I had to buy it for $320. I have NEVER been sorry!

IMG_5168

You can see that this is where my cupcake liner garland ended up.  It worked perfectly with the pink and brown theme.

IMG_5168

I bought the paper doilies at D.I. for 50 cents.  Thought they added a lacy touch to the shelf. Still trying to decide if I should put them on the 2nd shelf.  I wouldn’t want to over do. LOL!

Look at this darling wrapping paper I found at T.J. Maxx.  Perfect for lining the shelves.

IMG_5169

Would you like a tour of Mrs. Hubbard’s Olson’s cupboard?

The first shelf holds my small collection of pink depression glass, a few pink plates, a pretty rose sugar bowl, and a bit of vintage brown ware.

2012-01-15 Valentine Entry

I love this pale pink hat with the net.  A thrift store find.  Wouldn’t it be fun to wear for a spot of tea?

IMG_5138

my pink depression collection consists of two condiment/relish trays.  A few glasses and cups, and some cute ruffled edge dessert plates. I also have one large bowl.

Those of you who know me know that I am much more a ‘red’ person.  But oh how I love pulling out the ‘pinks’ for Valentines and Spring.

2012-01-15 Depression glass

Did you notice the ‘Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice’ theme going on?

2012-01-15 Valentine Entry1

Tucked in behind the pitcher and tea pots is an old ‘Avon’ Valentine album.  I have had it for years.  Since the days that we really played them.

IMG_5145

The rose teapot and flower frog dish are D.I. and yard sale treasures.  I love them!

IMG_5146

Now for the bottom shelf.

IMG_5165

A bit of ‘cupcake’ LOVE.  I stitched the words using a chain stitch.

IMG_5156

I painted this Valentine box years ago.  How cute are these cupids?  Looks as though I still have Valentines stored inside.

IMG_5165

I decided to polka dot my ‘sentiments’ frame.  An easy way to do this is to punch a circle in a recipe card and use it for your stencil.  The card is heavy enough that it works great.  I wanted small dots, but remembered that my small circle punch had broke.  Too impatient to wait, so big dotties it is.  When stenciling, use very little paint and wipe most of it out on a folded paper towel first.

IMG_5166

Now for the top of my cupboard.

I couldn’t have a ‘Sugar and Spice’ theme going on without some SUGAR!

I know that you are dying to ask, “YES, some of it I save from year to year.”

IMG_5158

IMG_5159

Most of  my Valentines Day décor is so old.  Like these jumbo conversation hearts.  Another fun and easy project I did.  Still love them.

IMG_5163

Bowl of Baubles.

IMG_5134A

A couple of years ago I went on a bow frenzy and made them for all the holidays.

2012-01-15 Valentine Entry2

That’s my cupboard, all decked out for the big day.

IMG_5168

No matter how you say it,  it all means ‘LOVE’!

IMG_5167

I knew that I had to do this stitchery because my dear mother always called the grandkids, ‘LOVEY’ and I sometimes call mine ‘SWEET PEA’.

I hope you enjoyed the tour of my blue cupboard.  If you haven’t entered my give-away, be sure and do so.  Click on the words and it will take you there.  Icing on the Cake Give Away

Have a sugary sweet day!

Jann

I will be sharing my cupboard with:

c.r.a.f.t. for Making Mondays Marvelous

Little Red House for Mosiac Monday

The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday

Knick of Time Tuesday

17 comments

Unknown said...

Your cupboard looks lovely. Makes me want to decorate for Valentines. I'll try to wait a little longer. Have a great week.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your cupboard is wonderful and I love that sweet Valentines box with the little slot! That is adorable! I would like to start looking for a box to repaint! I love this idea to keep your Valentines inside! Hugs! ♥

Carol @ Always Thyme to Cook said...

What a lovely cupboard! You have such beautiful things.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely decoration for Valentines Day. Your cupboard looks pretty. Lovely post and photos.

chateau chic said...

Love, Love, Love the blue cupboard. Blue has always been my favorite color - I never tire of it!
Your newest follower, Mary Alice

Kim, USA said...

That is so gorgeous!

Mosaic Monday

Vee said...

Looks as if you are all set for Valentine's Day. Your cupboard is filled with some very sweet things...lovely pinks!

Helen and her Daughters said...

So charming, I love it. The cupcake garland is great!

Joanne said...

What a treasure! I love all your teapots too! Very very lovely.
Blessings,Joanne

Heirloom treasures said...

I really think your cupboard looks so beautifully shabby chic valentine.

I collect pink depression glass too. Yours is lovely. I have those stemmed French glasses too,as well as the liquor ones. Must get some out of the china cabinet now I've seen yours displayed.

xx jeanetteann

Kris said...

I love your blue cupboard!!!! Such fun Valentine goodies inside too! Yes, it has been unusually warm, but today it was lovely, and is raining now!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jann! Oh, what a wonderful blue cabinet you have and just look at all of your cuties in there! I love it! I see so many things I would love to put my tiny hands on! :) Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann,
What a sweet blue cabinet!
The cupcake garland is perfect here...Loving all of the pink & soft colours. You have the best collections ever!!
Have a great week!
All the Best,
Christine

Betsy said...

Your cupboard is so cheerful looking! It was so fun to see all the cute things you have on your shelf. The cupcake liner is a great idea--so easy to do, but so effective.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

It's a beautiful cabinet and I love how you have it decorated for Valentine's Day.

Susan Freeman said...

What a sweet Valentine's cupboard!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

oh my day is so filled with pink pink pink --- i love love love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your cabinet is gorgeous and your decorations are as sweet as can be! LOVE IT!!! thanks for sharing with us and thanks for dropping by the cottage market! i have just become your newest follower and i know i am going to LOVE it here!!!! : ) hugs...

Instagram