Bubble, Bubble I’m In Trouble!

In April of ‘2009’ while vacationing in Virginia I bought a collection of red glassware.

This is my original collection.  Mostly glasses, a pitcher, bowls, cruet, cups and saucers.

Don’t you love my old hoosier?  I’m sad that I have no where to use it in our new more open home.  I will use it again when we finish the basement.  I got this baby for $300 at a yard sale.

IMG_0730

Ever since then I’ve had a growing addiction.  Anytime I run across a piece of red (gold) you might say, I can’t resist buying it.

In December I realized that I finally had enough to actually do a tablescape with it.

IMG_4639_thumb[1]

IMG_4627_thumb[1]IMG_4621_thumb[1]

Last Friday I went to an estate sale.  Guess what happened to be in the china cupboard.

Yup you guessed it, more red gold.

Now here’s the best thing.  Not only was it red, but it had bubbles.  It was labeled as, “60’s red bubble dishes”. 

It was not a bargain price. $60 for 8 glasses and 8 saucers. The pitcher was $10 extra.  At first I thought I would pass.  But then I couldn’t bare the thoughts of leaving those bubbles behind.   I started to think that every time I pick up a piece it’s at least $5 and I was getting 16 pieces. So do the math, not a bad deal.

Won’t they be so fun for Valentines?   I did a bit of playing around with them in my metal basket.

IMG_4999

Can’t you see a cute Valentine bow hanging down from the handle?

IMG_5000

IMG_5003

IMG_5005

I tried to take some close ups so you could see the cute bubbles.

IMG_5006

DDDid you notice my other sweet find?  A turquoise oval plate for $4.

I placed it on my stove behind my vintage red and white S&P collection.

IMG_5007

Lovin that pop of turquoise!

IMG_5009

Well now you know the whole story behind my red glass fetish.  I love red, but if it is hob nail or bubble I’m especially in trouble.

When I got home hubby asked, “Well, do I own a new estate?”  LOL!  I think he was pleased to hear that I only spent $73.

Have you found any treasures that got you in trouble this week?

Jann

I will be sharing my bubbliscious red with:

Sue at It's a Very Cherry World for Rednesday

Bunny Jeans for Bunny Hop Wednesday

Cutie Pie Cottage for Dotty Hop Day

Shannon at Cozy Home Scenes for Cozy Your Home

23 comments

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Thanks for this post, I, too, have been looking for some red dishes, maybe with bubbles.

Kris said...

CUTE!!!

Vicki/Jake said...

Love that turquoise plate! And the red fettish you have.. I found a cute little red hen with white polkadots at TJ Max last weekend but wth, I don't have to worry about getting in trouble:)

I'll be coming your way next week, wanna go play? I'll email ya...

Jenni Coberly said...

Jann!! I'm so jealous. I too LOVE red dishes, but have nothing. Every time I see a set of red goblets I want to buy them, but haven't yet. What a great find. I love your blog. You have such great taste and great ideas. ;)

Lori V said...

I just love your red dishes!!! I collect red dishes , glass, shoes, cars and just about anything RED. My obsession RED.

camp and cottage living said...

How could you resist? they are gorgeous.
When my MIL created a wedding registry for us in a China/ crystal shop, your red goblets are what I chose. I think she was mortified. She wanted me to pick fine glassware like hers, which wasn't my taste at all.
Well, guess what? She gave me hers. How could I refuse it? I still have it sitting in my china cabinet. I hope one of our children will want it someday-soon.

Unknown said...

Hi Jann! Love the Red set. I never heard of red bubble glass...hm....

My name is Riet said...

What a great find. I love those red dishes and cups and everything that goes with it. Looks so happy and friendly. Have a nice day

Janette - The2Seasons said...

Thanks for stopping by our little blog. I've been a fan of yours for a while but never commented. Love your red dishes. Are they Fostoria?

Anonymous said...

I've never seen these bubble dishes before! How fun! Love them in your wire rack.

Hubby gave me a bunch of christmas money this year and even though it's MY money, he's quite astounded at how much some of my vintage treasures cost! Ha-ha! He thinks everything should be garage sale prices. :)

Thanks for linking up to Dotty Day! ♥

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

If I had all that red glassware, I'd be in heaven (on Earth, of course)!

HESTER’S LETTER

Hester’s letter, scarlet “A,”
Gave the gossips much to say,
But their rudeness she forbore,
For she knew she was no whore.


© 2012 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Poinsettias!

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

These will look so great at Valentines and Christmas. I love the tablescape too. I think you got a great bargain.

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Jann,
OH my goodness! I love your collection of red dishes too..they are perfection! and just my taste too. If you ever find them missing,they just might be at my house...LOL
Red is the color for every season I think.
Have a sweet day and hugs, Elizabeth

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I love hunting! Great find, glad you did not pass it up..it went to a good home. How beautiful with the red transfer ware. and yes it will look great on Valentines day!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Love the beautiful red dishes...what a great buy...I love the pitcher also...I am a new follower of yours...love all the red

LV said...

You made a wise move in bringing home those red dishes. Love them.

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

I know they reached out and called your name!! I love the red!! And yes the pop of turquoise is perfect!
Blessings!!

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann,

These are gorgeous, love the red!!
It is so nice when you get a chance to grow a collection...
Love the Hoosier...I have always wanted one of those! Maybe someday!
Yours is beautiful!
All the Best,
Christine

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Hi Jann, love your red dishes. The color is a pretty, clear red which I really like. I don't have any red dishes except one big ole mixing bowl, which isn't even pretty. The Cozy Your Home Party is on until midnight so add these if you like.---
Shannon

Peg said...

Jann, I had some goblets just like those when I first got married, but they were amber color. Have to say I love the red! mine all ended up being broken, we used them for every day glasses. I am glad you didn't leave them behind.

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Jann, thank you for joining my first party. It was nerve wrecking waiting to see if anyone would come because it had not been advertised much but it turned out well for a first time. Wish I had known that you hadn't heard about it or I would have let you know sooner. Anyway, thanks for supporting me and I hope you will come again. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I'm popping in from Bunny Jean's Bunny Hop and oh how I love your red bubbles! I think you did good and I'm sure these dishes would have cost much more in an antique shop! I love them!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Little Susie Home Maker said...

I love all of your reds! They look great! I love them against your turquoise platter. These are my kitchen favorite colors! Also love the basket.
Blessings,
Susie

Instagram