You Hold the Key to My Heart!

First of all, let me say that Mrs. Olson was featured at Angie of Knick of Time.  Wohoo!   Please hop over and check it out.  To read the entire post go here:"Old Mother Hubbard"  Thanks so much, Angie.  I really appreciate it!

Do you remember when you were a young child in grade school and you had a special ‘someone’ that you wanted to give a Valentine to?

I was always so bashful when it came to boys that I liked.  Hard to believe, huh?

That’s what this reminded me of.

IMG_5225

The minute I saw it at T.J. Maxx I loved it!  Of course, the fact that it had a bit of turquoise didn’t hurt any.

I knew it would be perfect for my Valentine Mantle.

IMG_5213

The little guy seems to be pleading, “Please take my Valentine, you hold the key to my heart”!

IMG_5224

My cement pedestal and vintage plate added just the right touch.  You might say, “they take the cake”. lol!

IMG_5214

I got my mercury glass canister for only $10 at NPS (Train Wreck),

This plate isn’t old, but I loved how it went with my other one

IMG_5215

Often I pick up discounted after Christmas décor that will work for Valentines.  That was the case with this little, ‘love dove’ and the glitzy key.

IMG_5222

IMG_5223

IMG_5218

Last year I took cards that I had made and assembled them into a garland.

IMG_5221

IMG_5219

IMG_5220

I’ll leave you with a couple pics of the hearth.

IMG_5217

IMG_5216

And one final glance at my ‘Mantle of Love”.

IMG_5213

Hugs,

Jann

After I did this post I went outside to shovel snow.  Yes, we finally got an actual snow storm.  As I was shoveling look what I noticed.

IMG_5227

Tell me you see it!  The ‘Snow Heart’ up in the left hand corner.

I think this was Gods token of ‘LOVE’.  A gift of the well needed snow for our trees, plants, lawns, and yes us!

Thank You, Lord!

IMG_5226

Only three more days until I draw for my give away.  Not too late, enter here if you haven’t yet. "The Icing on the Cake" Give Away

I will be linking this post with:

Shannon at Cozy Home Scenes for her Cozy Home Party

Faded Charm Cottage for White Wednesday

Sue at It's a Very Cherry World for Rednesday

Mary at Very Merry Vintage Style for Share the love Wednesday

Bunny Jeans for Bunny Hop Wednesday

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday

32 comments

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Jann,
Your mantel of love is so .. well.. lovely!
Blessings,
Susie

mimi_62 said...

Love all your valentine items. You really have the knack to put things together. Helps us who have a harder time at doing so. Thanks for sharing.

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Your mantle is so cute! Love the little card! And yes, I saw the heart of snow! Have a wonderful day!!

betty-NZ said...

Your valentines are lovely! Yes, I do see the heart in the snow!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I love your awesome banner, are you kidding me?!?! Thanks for inviting me over, I wouldn't want to miss your beautiful mantel, and the heart in the snow is the icing on the cake. Hugs ~ Mary

chateau chic said...

Such a sweet, romantic mantle. Love the valentine garland you made.
Mary Alice

Ani said...

Beautiful! Valentines Day is my favorite secular holiday. I love it because of the colors and the focus on love. Your cards garland is the best. Maybe next time I will make my own. Take a look at my Rednesday.

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Vintage postcards certainly add a lot of charm to holiday decorating. Your card garland is adorable. Great decor (and I see you have updated your blog background with hearts too!)

Visiting from the Bunny Hop, Debra

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I'm visiting from the Cozy Home Party, and I am enjoying your Mantle of Love! I love the garland you made with cards too. I am a rubber stamper, and love hand made cards.

Mecky said...

That is a wonderful Valentine.
I have not been to TJMaxx for such a long time. Just think of all the wonderful things I have been missing out on.
The snow heart is so cool. I am glad you noticed it!

Diane Writes said...

Hi Jann! When you said that you were bashful about your feelings to your male classmates, I have to smile. We were opposites. I was always a quiet and reserved girl. Although I always imagined how it fells to be the opposite.

And the heart in the snow is indeed a God's sign.

Have a great day!

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

What a Sweet Valentine's Mantel... Love your Beautiful Treasures~ it was just Christmas & now Valentine's Day is just around the corner, Time sure flies....
Have a wonderful week
Cheryl~ZM

Town and Country Gals said...

Jann,
I don't decorate for Valentines much but love your mantle, it's lovely! I really like the garland you made, very cute! How sweet is that snow heart!
Rebecca

Ann said...

Your mantel is gorgeous. Your TJ Maxx find makes it perfect. That little guy is great!

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann,
Oh, how sweet!
Love the old feeling you have on the Mantel of love...
Love those plates!
Have a great week!
All the Best,
Christine

Anonymous said...

Wow, I haven't even thought about decorating for Valentine's Day yet, but after seeing your post and several other Valentine ideas on my party, you all have inspired me to get started!

I love your little sign and all your pretty decorations. Did you share the little cakes after Christmas? If not, maybe I saw them on someone else's blog. I like how you have an assortment of sweets and pretties and they all come together. I try, but somehow when I put an assortment of stuff on my mantel, it looks like I haven't decorated yet. You however have done a great job.

Thank you for linking up to my party. I'd love for you to share something next week if you can!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

That valentine is precious & your mantel is beautiful !Cool seeing the heart in the snow !Congrats on the win over at Sue Loves Cherries !

Anonymous said...

Jann, your mantel is precious! Love the snow heart!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

fellow blogger sees heart every where. thanks for visiting.

Tina´s PicStory said...

lovely collection :)

Joanne said...

Oh my goodness! My daughter sees hearts everywhere and just the other day she took a picture of one that was formed in the snow dusting we received. I love your pictures!
Blessings, Joanne

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Love all your Valentine decor, so chamring!

Happy Rednesday!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm lovin' your mantle of love, especially the card garland. It's all so pretty! I'm your newest follower.

SarahBeth said...

Oh I love finding hearts in little bits of nature! So special. Your mantel is beautiful -- you're so good at arranging!
Have a happy Rednesday!

G Inspires said...

That garland is fabulous! Thanks for sharing, visiting via The Bunny Hop!

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, I see the heart - that is wonderful!! I really enjoyed looking at all your lovelies. Your mantel looks so festive. Valentine's Day is such a special day for me. I'm glad I found someone who loves it as much as I do.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Heaven's Walk said...

So sweet, Jann! Just read where you live, and it's so pretty! Glad you stopped by Heaven's Walk today! It was fun meeting you!

xoxo laurie

Heaven's Walk said...

So sweet, Jann! Just read where you live, and it's so pretty! Glad you stopped by Heaven's Walk today! It was fun meeting you!

xoxo laurie

very merry vintage style said...

Pretty mantel! love that garland. Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
Mary

Special 'K' said...

How cute, yes I can see your snow heart! Love your baner it is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing for us all to enjoy. My first visit to your special space, I will follow on my way out as I am sure I will enjoy engaging and supporting your special place now I have found you,I hope you will find the some time to come visit me some time. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such a lovely Valentine's vignette. I love it all. The little birds and all the hearts. Perfect. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

CJ Foss said...

That valentine brought me right back to the third grade. What a nice vignette, birds, hearts, candles oh my! And that heart in the snow is a valentine from God, no doubt. Have a great week. ~CJ

Instagram