Lookin Back. . .No Regrets!

 

20ll was a year full of fun and surprises.

As I look back I realize that every moment is precious and how we need to savor them and have no regrets!

Here’s a bit of what I did.

                                  I went snowshoeing with friends

DSCF0352

                         I made a Valentine quilt

IMG_0627_thumb[2]

                  I organized my walk in closet

IMG_0629_thumb[2]

      I finished my ‘Chocolate Bunnies’ quilt and made an Easter garland

IMG_0645_thumb2IMG_0841_thumb[2]

        I attended a fun quilt retreat

159_thumb[1]

                           I found lots of vintage items

2011-05-22_thumb[3]

          I  made a dozen or more paper birdhouses

041_thumb[2]

                                    I  visited Glacier National Park

072_thumb[2] 

                                   We built our patio and pergola (had help with this)

049_thumb[1]

Bought new outdoor furniture and painted patio chairs (inspired by Courtney from French Country Cottage)

 

051_thumb[3]

                                Added some color to an iron gate

046_thumb[7]

                Visited Star Mill (More times than I can count)

029_thumb

                               Went on a garden tour

099_thumb1

                                             Grew a liar of Larkspur

002_thumb[1]

                                    Went ‘Pickin’ with friends

047_thumb[2]

                    Saw the cutest small home I ever did see!

010_thumb[2]004_thumb[1]

          Went on a road trip with hubby and saw a flock of flamingos

029_thumb[1]

     Made stepping stones from pieces of broken glass

015_thumb[9]

                  Spent hours in the garden

007_thumb[3]

                              Celebrated the birth of our Nation

019_thumb[1]

                        Learned how to make a collage using my own photos

2011-08-12_thumb[1]

                 Saw my youngest son marry a beautiful girl, Samantha

077_thumb[9]

                             Made a quilt for the newlyweds

V__60B0[1]

                Talked hubby into ‘finally’ hanging my burlap curtains

IMG_4129_thumb[7]

                                  Grew giant sunflowers

012_thumb[1]

                                     Took a ‘Sunday Drive’

2011-10-23 Sunday Drive2_thumb[1]

Bought my blue cupboard for my front porch (notice two more collages) I had to keep practicing so that I wouldn’t forget how. lol!

2011-09-25 Front Porch Fall_thumb[1]

            Brought spooks out for Halloween

IMG_3555_thumb[11]

                                       partied with the grandies

IMG_3989_thumb[1]

        And dressed Hilde in her finest

  IMG_3671_thumb[7]

            Had a blessed Thanksgiving with my family

IMG_4295_thumb[1]

                   Even managed to do a little cooking

IMG_3915_thumb[2]

       Met up with one of my blogging friends, Vicki/Jake

IMG_4013_thumb[2]

            Made shades for my kitchen windows. With the help of my SIL, Laurie

IMG_4264_thumb[2]

                                 Deep cleaned my laundry room

IMG_4195_thumb[1]

                         Spent time in the mountains with friends

IMG_4035_thumb[2]

Won a lot of give aways.  Thanks to all of you who gave my fun items.  Love them all!

IMG_4680_thumb[1]

             Had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends

IMG_4729_thumb[2]

                                      Last of all, hung my window decor

IMG_4828_thumb[7]

It seems the older I get the faster the days fly by.  As I reflect upon ‘2011’ I thank God for my many blessings, which include the health and strength I have to do the things that I enjoy doing.  This old girl isn’t going to slow down any too soon, God willing.

Looking forward to another year of fun and adventure!

Going to be a grandma again!

Jann

I will be linking this post with:

Mary at Very Merry Vintage Style for Share the Love Wednesday

Bunny Jeans Bunny Hop Wednesday

A Southern Day Dreamer for Outdoor Wednesday

OW_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb[2]

No Minimalist Here for Open House Thursday

The 36th Avenue for Party Time

35 comments

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

What a fun picture walk through the year! Hope that 2012 brings you more joy and fun adventures!
Happy New Year!
Courtney

Shannon said...

You certainly keep busy! You have such a great eye for detail, I really really admire it! And oh my what a HUGE sunflower!!! Cannot wait to see what fabulous things 2012 brings!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Yes it looks like a wonderful year. That is what is nice about a blog, you can look back and see what you did all year and all the fun you had.

21 Wits said...

The the sound of spent time in the mountains sounds awesome to me...I so love the mountains when ever I get to see them...by your photos you had a lovely year...what a nice way to bookmark a year....my youngest son also married his junior-high school sweetheart this year! Thanks for the journey through your 2011....now you'll have to get working on 2012!

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

What a fun review of 2011!! And the promise of another grand is wonderful!
Thanks for dropping by and the sweet post...love your name too!!

Blessings!!
Jan

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I just loved seeing some of those posts again...and I need to go back and recheck a couple!! You had a great year...here's to another great one. Look forward to talking this year!!

McFadden said...

What a busy and FUN year and I'm sure another one yet to come.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It sure looks like a lot when you look back and photos, doesn't it? You accomplished SO much! WOW! Happy New year...hope this new year brings even more blessings! ♥

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann,
Oh, what a great year it was. It was so much fun meeting you and getting to know you better. Love the shot of the new pergola. It sure makes for a nice spot to sit and view the garden. Yours is so beautiful...look at all of those thriving flower beds!!
All the Best,
Christine

camp and cottage living said...

Jann
I so...enjoyed a review of 2011 through your photos! I missed some of it but will be here visiting this year to see it all!
Blessings-Kimberly

Victoria said...

Hi Jann and thank you so much for stopping by my blog and also for following me:) I am now following you also (fuzzy grey icon, it's supposed to be cherubs!).

I just love your gorgeous quilt, you're so talented to have the ability to make something like that! It's lovely! It looks like you had a very busy but extremely fun filled 2011. Here's to a wonderful 2012:)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely year you had, Jann! Fun snowshoeing, making new Roman shades for the kitchen, making your cute birdhouses, tending your beautiful garden and the your son's wedding! It looks like you had an amazing year! Thanks for sharing! I hope your new year is full of many blessings!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Jann,

Such wonderful memories indeed! You did a lot this past year.

Happy New Year!!!

Dee

Light and Voices said...

Whew you certainly did a lot of things in 2011. I like your idea of showing us using photographs. Happy New Year!
Joyce M

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Looks like a wonderful year to me, Jann! So glad you stopped by and followed...I am a new follower, too!

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Jann!

Taking a look back on your year in blogging sure was fun! Maybe I will try to do the same.

Thanks for sharing at my Bunny Hop Party!

xoxo Bunny Jean

The Little Red Shop said...

What a sweet year! God bless you!

: )

Julie M.

Red Rose Alley said...

First of all, I LOVE LOVE YOUR HEADER! The bird house is so sweet. And do you know Jess adores Flamingos? You have had a busy year, and you are such an inspiration with all the projects that you've done. I hope the New Year shines a bright face on you, and brings you much joy, my friend.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Teresa@magazineyourhome said...

Thank you Jann for visiting my blog and for your sweet comments. It looks like you had a wonderfully exciting year! Looking forward to what you have in store for this new year.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Looks like a great year! You looks too young to have all those Grandchildren! I hope 2012 is just as good for you and your family.

mimi_62 said...

Wow, you had a wonderful year, didn't you? Thanks for sharing it with all of us friends.

mimi_62 said...

Wow, you had a wonderful year, didn't you? Thanks for sharing it with all of us friends.

CameraCruise said...

Thanks for sharing 2011 through your beautiful photos, love them!
What a wonderful year you've had.
You're so creative, love the things you've made.
Your garden looks beautiful.
Happy New Year!

Andrea said...

Wow that's a lot to be thankful for. It is also a good activities to compare with the coming years. Your hands seemed to have been very full. Happy New Year.

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
All your photos are Beautiful sweet lady.looks like you had a great time on the Holidays with family. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Tablescape for New Years Eve. I hope you and your family have a wonderful 2012 New Year.
XXOO Diane

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Thanks for visiting my page and leaving a comment on my new blog banner. You had a very full year, a lot to be thankful for. Your Valentine quilt is so charming and I would love to know how to make those paper birdhouses. I'll have to look at some of your earlier posts to see if you provided a tutorial. I am also following you!

Debra

Vintage Market Place said...

Looks like you had a fun and wonderful year full of love, family and friends.
Hope your 2012 is even better :)
Amy

Town and Country Gals said...

Wow Jann,
what a busy girl you've been! Lots of fun adventures! You got a lot done, you put me to shame! I'd better get on the stick!
Looking forward to visiting more often!
Rebecca

Ellen said...

Holy cow Jann, you sure did have a wonderful year. How great to look back and see it all unfold all over again. Congrats on a new daughter in law and also for the newest member that will be here in 2012. Happy New Year!!! Also thank you for stopping by with your kind words.
Hugs,
Ellen

Sabrina said...

Your Valentine's quilt and your paper birdhouses are beautiful! What a fun year you have had!

I am your newest follower and would love if you popped by my blog for a visit. :)

Lynn at Cottage and Creek said...

Loved your "look back" and found it very inspiring. You packed a lot of fun into 2011 and I hope 2012 proves to be just as delightful. I love the bird fabric on your kitchen valance. Really cute. And your little dust pans too - so cottagy! Happy New Year!
Lynn

momto8 said...

lucky you!

My Little Home and Garden said...

You packed a lot of wonderful times into 2011!

Terriea Kwong said...

Stumbled into your blog and found all the lovely posts. The mosaic is impressive. All are of great inspiration and viewing is so pleasant.

Unknown said...

Love this! I'm your newest follower from no minimalist here! Happy New Year- Stop by for a visit!!

Instagram