A Little More Sugar. . .

In case you haven’t had enough sugar yet this Christmas season I thought I’d give you a little more.

Maybe you’re like me and haven’t pulled the goodies out yet. The real ones that is.

IMG_3710

Every year I get together with my girls and dil’s to make candy.  This year we had a hard time finding a time that everyone could come.  There ended up only being my middle daughter, Karrah and I for most of the day.  Later that afternoon our dil, Samantha came and helped.

I had to put the candy up until Christmas Eve when we all fill containers and everyone takes goodies home.  I knew that if I didn’t nibbling would be going on and there might not be anything left. lol!

I shared a lot of my candy decorations for the ‘Sugar and Spice’ Creating Christmas party.  Here’s some of what I haven’t shown.

IMG_3709

I had planned on doing my ‘candy’ tree down in the basement this year.  Because Kylee and Dustin are staying with us for a while I let them decorate their tree instead.  I filled my large lantern with peppermint balls and gumdrops that would normally have been on the tree.

Little chalkboards tell what sweets are to be found.  The top of my rustic cabinet has more peppermints, gingerbread stars, and a cute little gingerbread boy.

I love mixing in some of my vintage Christmas items.  A red and white enamel pot on an old scale and a sifter are perfect for whipping up something sweet!

IMG_3711

I draped a simple strip quilt on the cabinet door and the gingerbread girl I made years ago stands on my red stool.  I made four of those girls that year.  The other three were gifts.

IMG_3720

The cabinet is overflowing with goodies and my gingerbread men.

IMG_3721

Another sweet gingerbread man holding a candy cane.

IMG_3712

On Dec. 1st Kylee had a ‘Christmas Kick-Off’ party with some of her friends.  They made gingerbread houses.  This is the one her and Dustin made.

IMG_3713

Close ups of the shelves.

IMG_3714

IMG_3716

IMG_3717

Isn’t this elf on the shelf candy jar too funny?  I found it at an estate sale last year.  I had to bring it home!

IMG_3718

IMG_3719

IMG_3722

I decorated my French mug rack with some of my fun ornaments and pretty ribbons.

IMG_3723

IMG_3725

IMG_3724

IMG_3726

I kept the table decor simple so that they didn’t have to move things when they wanted to use the table.  I did add a newly found gingerbread man coming out of a cupcake.

IMG_3770

I found these sweet little cherry suckers at T.J. Maxx.

IMG_3772

My snowman drink dispenser is ready for a tasty bit of hot chocolate.

IMG_3765

He’s close to the hot chocolate bar.  I’ve shown it before, but in case you forgot. Hee-hee!

IMG_3748

IMG_3749_thumb[1]

 

IMG_3742

Wishing you all a very ‘SWEET’ Christmas and a New Year full of ‘SPICE’!

hugs,

Jann

21 comments

Art and Sand said...

So sweet - no pun intended!

I just got to wondering how long it will take you to put everything away and create your January house?

Winnie said...

How beautiful and festive everything looks!!
Have the best Christmas ever Jann :)

Linda W. said...

Wow - decorated so lovely! Your home is amazing! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Lovely holiday decor! Love those gingerbread and the gingerbread house too!

Now I am craving for a hot chocolate after seeing your hot chocolate bar.

must love junk said...

It all looks so SWEET, Jann! I really love that lantern-I'm looking for one! Merry Christmas :)
Susan

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love all the gingerbread! It's so festive. I like your decorated mug holder too. Merry Christmas!

Ricki Treleaven said...

Your gingerbread decor has made me smile tonight! I love it all. Thanks for sharing!

Merry Christmas!

xo,
RJ

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

What a "sweet post"…just love all of your sugary decor!!…Merry Christmas Jann!!!

cynthia lee designs said...

Jann...everything look so sweet!! Such cute sugary vignettes.
Merry Christmas!!
hugs,
Cindy

Junkchiccottage said...

Jann,
It is all so wonderful and sweet. Love the little suckers you found at TJ Maxx. How cute are those. Enjoy that beautiful family and have a Very Merry Christmas.
Kris

Di said...

Everything looks wonderful and festive. I love the peppermints and gingerbread people. Ok, I love all of it.... have a Merry Christmas Jann with your family.

Christine at Little Brags said...

I LOVEEEE that lantern !!!! PINNED

The Old Parsonage said...

Everything is so durn sweet! Love the hot cocoa dispenser!

Merry Christmas!!

Leann

Gina said...

Oh I love your candy themed decor! That cabinet is so much fun. There's so much to see. I love it!

farmhouse-story said...

love the snowman cocoa guy esp, jann! have a wonderful merry christmas!!

retrorevival.biz said...

Wow! You've done it up right! So fun:) Merry Christmas!

Nancy said...

Wow! Fabulous, Jann. I love Kylee and Dustin's gingerbread house too. Cute, cute, cute.

Tea in the Library said...

Loving the sugar and spice Christmas theme.

Lori said...

Absolutely yummy! Lori Delightful blog too!

Fran. said...

Oh my gosh LOVE all the eye candy in this post!!! XOXO Love Fran.

Katie Mansfield said...

I need to get a mug rack. Decorating it with ornaments is a great idea.

Instagram