Olson Cottage Christmas

Today Tracie from Fishtail Cottage is hosting our ‘Creating Christmas’ link party.

                                                       Creating Christas Image

I love the charm that a Cottage Christmas brings!  I love cottage style and the thought that usually comes to mind is pretty pastels.  At Christmas however, I love a red & white cottage Christmas!

It might be something as simple as a pretty Amaryllis waiting to burst into bloom.  Planted in a mossy pot and sitting on a dotty cake stand.  I tucked a little transferware saucer in back.

IMG_3708

A collection of cottage style planters in my windowsill.

IMG_3707

A rustic hurricane lantern  with a vintage postcard on a toile tablecloth.

IMG_3701

I’ve added assorted trees to the shelf that I lined with my newly found red transferware.

IMG_3689

IMG_3688

I found this sweet tree at a local shop for $6.  It has stamped birds on corrugated paper.  Reminds me of upside down cupcake holders. 

IMG_3687

IMG_3690

IMG_3691

My thoughts always lean towards cottage when ever I use dried Hydrangeas.  I did a grouping with my vintage birdcages on top of the cabinet in our entry and tucked a few of those gorgeous blooms in amongst a faux garland.

IMG_3700

IMG_3694

I filled it with more birds and hung my Christmas postcard garland.  A lot of them have images of birds.

IMG_3697

IMG_3698

IMG_3699

I just framed this redwork piece.

IMG_3702

I love redwork!  I found this cute pattern and the muslin in a kit at a thrift store.  It was just waiting for me to stitch it up!  I added a few beads here and there amongst the berries. 

IMG_3703

I love touches of aqua with red!

IMG_3704

IMG_3706

If you would like to see a little more of what I call ‘cottage’ hop over and visit my Cottage Style Pinterest board.

And don’t forget to link up your ‘Cottage Christmas’ over at Fishtail Cottage!  And please come back and join me tomorrow with your ‘Sugar and Spice’!

Merry Christmas from my cottage to yours!

thermos_thumb[1]

 

hugs,

Jann

19 comments

Nell at njschout said...

What fun! Love your red transfer ware.

must love junk said...

Jann, I love your birdcages and dried hydrangeas! Very 'cottagy' :)
Susan

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Jann, wow it's beautiful in your house decorated for Christmas! I really love it and I love the paper trees! My mom used to have them when I was little and the noel banner and the card banner and just so pretty! I have a lot of decorations that are vintage but I rotate them each year. It is so cold and icy here and we had a few inches of snow yesterday.

Thanks so much for putting together this fun creating Christmas party too. Stay warm. Julie

Kris said...

Love, love, love it all!!!! Wish I could just pop over and have a cuppa with you!!
xo Kris

Unknown said...

I love pairing a little aqua with red, too! Everything looks so great, Jann!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love your style! So cherry and fun!

Art and Sand said...

Everything is beautiful, but the little redwork piece is my favorite. I love redwork and then the pattern is so precious.

Junkchiccottage said...

Jann,
It is all looking festive and fun. I cannot wait to see more. Love the red needle point pictures. Adorable.
Kris

Rose L said...

I have just started to do a bit of decorating. Just hope I finish soon!
Your cottage is cute

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Everything looks so festive. I adore your birdcages and the framed redwork.

camp and cottage living said...

Jann
Your home is just full of wonderful holiday decor ideas!
I like your Christmas card bunting best.

farmhouse-story said...

love your olson sign and the bird cage cabinet is adorable with the cages, paper banners and hydrangeas, jann!

Dana Bishop said...

I love it all but I am especially in love with the Christmas postcard garland. I have serious banner envy! You are very gifted. Thanks for sharing and for hosting such a first rate link party every week.

Hugs, Dana

sweetbriardreams said...

I love ALL of it! The postcard garland is such a great idea. xx

diane said...

Beautiful decorations. Nicely done!
I think I have a crush on that mirror!! :-D diane @aug's blog

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Love your funnel tree and the hoosier looks so festive! You did a great job on the sugar and spice!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I looked at the cottage and sugar and spice together and I see I put the comment on the wrong post! Oh well! Love your cottage decor too!

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

Loving your red transferware and the Christmas postcard garland is absolutely adorable! You are certainly ready for Christmas!
XO Barbara

cynthia lee designs said...

Everything looks great...love your cottage Christmas decor!!
hugs,
Cindy

Instagram