Share Your Cup Thursday #85

Hello and welcome to Share Your Cup (SYC).  Can you believe that Christmas is only a week away?  I hope you are almost ready for the big day!


Because, ready or not, it will come!   I will be taking a holiday break from SYC.  It will return on January 8th.  Please enjoy this wonderful time of year and have a very Merry Christmas!  I look forward to seeing what you have to share in the New Year!


I have been having so much fun visiting a lot of the links from the ‘Creating Christmas’ party!  I managed to visit all of the Sugar and Spice links, but still hoping to visit more of the others.  Thanks so much to the gals that helped host and to all of you for sharing your wonderful Christmas posts with us!


Last night I had the opportunity to attend our church’s monthly night Relief Society meeting.  The theme was ‘Silent Night, Holy Night’.  It was a beautiful evening centered around our Savior.  I decorated one of the tables and I snapped a few pics with my phone.  Thought I would share them with you.

Because I was showcasing three of my Nativity sets that all had touches of peach I used my china with the peach rim that my mil gave me when we moved into our Highland home.  The mix and match vintage green glassware belongs to my daughter, Kylee.

  This is my first Nativity.  One I purchased when we were first married from Home Interiors.


126


This one is what I call,  my ‘heritage Nativity’.  I purchased it in Prague over 10 years ago.  My heritage on my dads side is from Czechoslovakia.  Don’t you love the sheep?

125


This is a wooden one that I painted years ago.  I’m sorry that I didn’t get an overall picture of the entire table.

128


With all the hustle and bustle that comes with the Christmas season it’s nice to remember why we celebrate it!


The girl over the program had this sweet display set up.  There were more beautiful tables, but I’ll share them later.


131

This week I will be showing 5 features from SYC #84 and 5 from the ‘Sugar and Spice’ party.
SYC features:

Joanne from A Pocketful of Blue shared her serene Winter Mantel.  She won’t have to change a thing after Christmas.


DSC00261


I love these whimsical snowmen Jamie from Anderson and Grant made from old screwdrivers!


scredrivers in pitcher

Cathy from Vintage Paint and More has been whipping up some beautiful holiday pillows.


11-25-13 004 pillows

Diane from Lavender Dreams shared some of her Christmas thrift finds.


lighthouseIMG_9562_thumb[3]

Joy from Yesterfood shared her yummy cornmeal star cookies with orange glaze.  Aren’t they so pretty all bundled together?


cornmeal stars 18 t


Features from ‘Sugar and Spice’ Christmas.

Pennys Treasures shared her darling Candyland tree.


IMG_1443a

Ann from Tarnished Royalty showed us a cute way to display candy in pearls.


candy5

Sherry from The Charm of Home shared her gorgeous snowy cottage dining room.

IMG_5743


Dana from The Star Fish Studio shared a wonderful centerpiece she created for her dining room table.


IMG_5446

Sally from Salmagundi made a fun snowy scene in a vintage cookie display jar that had once been in her husbands family grocery store.


DSC05271

O.k., this is #6; but whose counting? lol!

Sandi from Rose Chintz Cottage shared her recipe for these delicious snowball treats.


092

Thanks so very much for sharing and please grab my button if you were featured.
Stackedcup-1_thumb

 Before we party. the winner of the $40 gift card that can be used at T.J. Maxx, Home Goods, or Marshalls is Sherry from The Charm of Home And Tanya from Timeless Romantic Designs won this ‘thank you for advertising’ gift.  A sweet little paper art canvas. (sorry about the poor color of the photo).  Ladies, please e-mail me your addresses and I will get them out to you.

 2013-12-18 15.25.35

I must admit it fits Tanya to a Tee!

Now let’s Party!

A few rules and then let the fun begin! 1. I would love for you to be a follower of Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson.
2. Link up a particular post and not your entire blog. Please limit your links to no more than three and please do not link up the same thing you linked up last week.
3. Please have a link back to this post. That way others will know where the party is. Feel free to grab my button on the sidebar if you’d like. Only those with a link back will be featured.
4. Please find time to visit at least two other participants. It’s a great way to find new friends.

 After you link up please come back and leave a comment. They help to fill my cup!








45 comments

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Enjoy your break, Jann! Thanks for the party. Have a really nice Christmas! Seasons greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How sweet of you to feature me...I'm so honored! And I hope everyone comes back to visit...Santa has a Mrs. Claus now! heehee...or Ho Ho HO! Happy Holidays my friend!

Salmagundi said...

Thanks, once again, for the feature this week. It's always a treat. Have an enjoyable well-deserved break from SYC. Merry Christmas! Sally

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for hosting, Jann!!

Hugs,
Deb

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

What a delightful surprise to see my tree featured this week! Thanks for hosting...hugs, Penny

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Love your Nativity sets, Jann! especially your "heritage Nativity"!
Pretty vintage green stemware..love how they look at the tablesetting! Enjoy your break! And Thanks for the party! Merry Christmas! Hugs, Poppy

Sweet Woodruff said...

Merry Christmas Mrs. Olson. :) Thanks for hosting such a sweet gathering.

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Lovely post. Thank you so much for hosting this great party.
Mary

Winnie said...

Thank you Jenn for this party :)
I wish you and your family a wonderful holiday
Enjoy!

Nancy said...

Your nativity table is wonderful, Jann. My favorite is the Heritage Nativity. Just so sweet. What a great selection of posts you've featured again this week. Love that pretty blue and white winter mantel. It never ceases to amaze me how all these talented ladies come up with one great idea after another, week after week. Love this link up.

chateau chic said...

Thanks so much for hosting, Jann!
Mary Alice

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Jann, a very merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and glad to see that you are taking a link party break over the holidays which I consider a normal thing to do :)

Tarnished Royalty said...

Jann, your nativity sets are sweet. The one I have was my mom's. I agree, they help keep us focused on the beautiful gift of Christ during this crazy busy season. Thanks so much for featuring my candy n pearls. Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! ~Ann

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Jann, my sweet friend, I am honoured to be among your features this week. Thank you so much. I wish you and your loved ones a magical and joyous holiday. Enjoy your well deserved break.

Christmas blessings,
Sandi

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Lovely features all...Salmagundy's reminds me of my kitchen canisters with cars. Thank you so much for the fun party Jann and have a blessed C'mas.
FABBY

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Have a lovely Christmas, Jann. See you again in the New Year.

Debra

Joy said...

Jann, I am thrilled that you included my Cornmeal Star Cookies in your beautiful features- thank you. Everything is so pretty- it is truly a holiday wonderland!

I hope you have a wonderful break, and I will look forward to seeing you and SYC on January 8. :)

Kirsty Girl said...

Merry Christmas Jann! Hope you have a good one!

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Hi Jann, As always, thanks for hosting your linky party! I love the whimsical Christmas decor that you've featured for us today.

A favour please...could you delete my link so I might re-post. Something went wrong when I was cropping my photo, and now there is nothing visual for readers to see. Thanks bunches!

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Jann,
Enjoy your break. You so deserve it. Enjoy the holidays with your family. Merry Christmas my friend.
Kris

The Charm of Home said...

Thank you for the feature Jann! I am eagerly awaiting Christmas. I can't believe it is almost here. Have a very nice time with your family and a very Merry Christmas!
Sherry

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Jann, thanks for hosting Share Your Cup Thursday all year. Have a wonderful Christmas Break, see you at SYC in January.
Joy

Dana Bishop said...

I'm so, so excited that you featured my centerpiece this week! Thank you so very much. Enjoy Christmas.

Many blessings, Dana

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting Mrs. O!! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I loved seeing all your nativity sets, Jann, and all the lovely features. Thank you for hosting and have a Merry Christmas.
I accidentally picked the wrong pic for my link up! Oops!

Linda W. said...

Love all your different nativity sets!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What sweet Nativity's you have and I love that they each mean something different to you. Great table settings. Thanks for hosting. Have a wonderful Christmas!
Hugs, Linda

allisamazing said...

Thanks for hosting!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks bunches for hosting this week with all the holiday activities going on.

cynthia lee designs said...

Jann...I just love seeing what everyone shares!! Enjoy your break and we'll see you in the new year.
hugs,
Cindy

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Wonderful features, Jann!

Thank you so much for hosting.

A very merry Christmas and happy new year to you - enjoy all the blessings the holidays have to offer. Hugs.

Art and Sand said...

I love that beautiful jadeite plate.

Leovi said...

  A nice Christmas atmosphere! Delicious tables!

Anonymous said...

Your nativity pieces are so pretty, and I love the green ribbon plate. Thanks for hosting as always, enjoy your Christmas week. -Dawn

JoAnne said...

Jann ~ thanks again for featuring my winter mantel. I enjoyed seeing all of your nativity sets. Such a nice collection!

Babs said...

Jann, Thanks for showing your special nativity sets. The little sheep look similar to the German ones I had with sawdust "fleece". So sweet. Great features from last week and thanks for hosting another great party. Merry Christmas!

Cindy DIY beautify said...

Thanks for the great party Jann! Merry Christmas :)

retrorevival.biz said...

Love all of your decorations! Especially like how you used the moss around that one nativity:) Merry Christmas!

Jamie | anderson + grant said...

Thanks for featuring my snowman screwdrivers, Jann. I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Vintage Paint and more... said...

Jann, thank you so much for featuring my pillows - you have definitely made my day. Thank you for hosting each week. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a most wonderful New Year... Cathy

Shirley Hatfield said...

I want to look for some of those screwdrivers for next year. Do they have the rounded heads or do you think she added them with paper clay? In any case, I will be haunting the "mantique" departments of Treasures and others...lol!

Tanya Rachelle said...

So happy I took a few minutes tonight to catch up on blogging!!! Thank you for the kind thank you gift Jann! What a lovely surprise!
~Tanya

Karen said...

Hi Jann,
I am late to link up this week. I am trying to get organized for Christas. I love your red décor for Christmas. It is so beautiful. Thank you for hosting Share your Cup Thursday. Have a very Merry Christmas.
Karen

Tea in the Library said...

Your room is lovely and so cozy! I Love the bed painted white! A great update. I love painted furniture but the bed is also gorgeous in it's original stain. The French script snowman is another GMTA for us. The silver tree is just the perfect touch of sparkle it makes me think of the sparkle on snow on a sunny winter day. The end of November things got hectic with a family member in and out of hospital, a growing list of family commitments and then a wedding to wedding to pull together in a couple weeks. I am looking forward to some quiet time. After weeks of preparation I look forward to the time between Christmas and Epiphany to enjoy the season. Have a blessed Christmas. Best wishes for a healthy and happy New Year.

Susanne said...

Lovely post - I enjoyed the Nativity sets very much. In fact, my Christmas Day post included Nativity sets as well. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Instagram