My Valentine Kitchen. . .

Hello my friends,
it's easy to create a Valentine's theme when your kitchen is mostly red and white.
 
 
That's the case with our basement kitchen. 
 
It's been almost 4 years since we finished our basement.  I wanted it to have a farmhouse feel, so I opted for some open shelving.
 
I filled them with mostly white dishes, striving for a
simplistic look.
 
 
 
For Christmas I added a lot of red and green.  When I began to change it up afterwards I thought, why not leave the red out until after Valentines Day.
 
A sweet heart, a gift from a blog/Instagram friend was tucked into one of the bowls.




My love for polka dots and checks remains evident. (wink)
 



 

 
I've always had a thing for vintage tins as well.  Just something about the fabulous graphics!
 



More reds that make my heart swoon!
 

 
And I've never met a cherry that I didn't like.  :)


 
And that leads me to my new purchase from Hobby Lobby.
Big, gorgeous red cherries.
 
 
I placed them on the kitchen table along with a jar full of cookie cutters.  A couple heart ones were pulled out for display.  The cute checkered placemats were a Christmas gift from myfriend, Amanda.

 
I snagged this bench at a yard sale.  I painted it red and added the grain sack stripe and number.
 


I've mentioned that I am helping with an estate sale.  I've been pretty good at not buying alot, but there are a few things that I just couldn't pass up.
 
 
One of them were these cute trivets.  The S&P/sugar set belonged to my hubbies grandmother.
 



And look at this giant rolling pin.  I tried hard to resist it!!  Just couldn't after my friend, Joanne placed it on top of my hoosier. 
 
Now I need to elevate my red & white enamelware.
See that darling scalloped paper?  I brought it home from Portugal.
 

 
 
Now you know how this girl rolls.  (pun intended).
 
 
 
 
A little love from my "Valentines" kitchen to yours!
 
 
 
hugs,
Jann

This post was featured at Vintage Charms Thanks gals!

I will be sharing with these fun parties:
Vintage Charm Party
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

40 comments

Sarah said...

Jann, I love all this red and white. It all looks so happy.
Happy Valentine's Day!

Marilyn said...

Just beautiful. I love all that you have done.

Denise said...

Love this!!

vivian said...

amazing!! what a cheerful wonderful kitchen!!
Happy Saturday!
xoxo

Jean Tuthill said...

I love your kitchen! It is so cheerful and warm. I love the red & white and all the vintage items you have! Happy Valentine's Day!

Jeanie said...

I don't suppose I could move into your basement, could I? In an adorable kitchen like that, I'd be happy to cook and serve for you all, all day long! I love every single inch of it. You have no idea what a big smile it put on my face when I opened the post and this joyful image popped out at me. I'm holding this one in my heart!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

How lucky you are to have so much display shelving in your kitchen!! Mine is so small I have no wall space at all, and very little over the cabinets. I love your red and white! All your vintage goodies were fun to see.

Unknown said...

What lovely vintage pieces you have!! The red and white reminds me of my daughter. She loves it together, and uses it throughout her downstairs. So farm style. Thanks for sharing all your pretties!!

Cindy Lou said...

LOVE!LOVE!LOVE! WOw! the cutest EVER !! I'm inspired !!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

This kitchen looks like out of the pages of a magazine! So adorable and who doesn't love red and white!

ellen b said...

Such a happy kitchen! Love all your fun red spashes against the white of your space!

sandi s said...

Your kitchen is so pretty! I'm going to look for those cherries, they are adorable. Hugs,

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh, Jann - this should be in a magazine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOu need to get them out with their fancy lights and cameras and get this pro photographed and be put in a magazines, seriously - you have one fun kitchen for Val Day for sure! What a remarkable collection of vintage red pieces you have - honestly for all year, they need to get out to your home asap!!!!! Love it!

♥♥♥

NanaDiana said...

That lower level kitchen is so very, very cute! I love all your red and white and I, too, love cherries. Just north of us-Door County- is the Cherry Capital of the US. You would love it! xo Diana

Susie said...

Jann, I love that farm kitchen. All the check and cherry red dishes too. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I want your basement kitchen as my main kitchen! If I ever change my kitchen décor, your sweet decorating has convinced me that I want a red and white one. So farmhouse, so vintage, so quaint!

Adrienne said...

I love it! =)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann!!
Your basement Kitchen just stole my heart away!! LOVE it and all the red but you already know I am a Red person!! So pretty!!
I would love having 2 Kitchens but only to decorate not to cook in..
Hugs,
Debbie

Connie said...

Hi Jann, I could type a list of everything that I love in your kitchen, but it would be longer than your post:) So, to make it short I'll make a list of what I don't like: Absolutely nothing :) You have been collecting for a long time and it shows in so much personality and charm. Love It!!!

Sam I Am...... said...

Love it all but I can barely keep one kitchen clean! How do you do it?

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

What a fun red kitchen Jann, especially for Valentine's day!

Linda W. said...

I just love your kitchen and all the red accessories!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

What a happy place! I love how you've styled your open shelving with your collection of red & white. The whole room is brimming with charm from top to bottom. Thanks so much for sharing, Jann!

happyone said...

Oh I just LOVE your red kitchen and the open shelves. I'd love to have some in my kitchen.

Leslie said...

Beautiful! It makes me want to rearrange things in my kitchen!

Rose L said...

My younger brother is named Rex, and he would get a kick out of that lard can! Leave it to you to decorate a kitchen for Valentines! You are a sweet heart!

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Your kitchen is so fun and happy Jann. I love all the pops of red!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS LOOK!
Especially the polka dots!

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Jann,
Your kitchen is bright and cheerful. Love all your red and white. Happy Valentine's Day.
Hugs,
Kris

Kiki Nakita said...

So cute. Happy Valentine's Day.

The Charm of Home said...

Joann, your kitchen is adorable. I love how you can change it up for the season. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

A red and white kitchen always makes my heart skip a beat!

mimi_62 said...

I'm coveting that HUGE rolling pin!!

Gina said...

I love it, Jann! Such a happy & cheerful space!

Marcia said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! So cheerful.
Happy Valentine's, Jann.

Row. said...

Hello new friend, your valentine kitchen is so sweet! Smart cookie leaving the Reds out from Christmas. I have to tell you I came over because your blog name intrigued me, I thought who in the world would want more of Mrs. Olsen? Let me explain... I have been binge watching Little house on the prairie, even just blogged about it. So when i saw the name I couldn't help myself now im here laughing. Why your not like her at all. Well I hope you don't think I'm too nuts. I promise im not well not in a bad way lol Hope you are having a wonderful Valentine's Day.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What an adorable basement kitchen you have, Jann! What a cheery Valentine's theme.

Art and Sand said...

It's not Instagram so I can't type a thousand red hearts to say how much I love your kitchen!

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh my goodness Jann! I love the red and white and your kitchen is simply the cutest thing ever! Wish I could share a meal with you at your lovely table. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

My thrift store addiction said...

Jann, I love every detail of your charming kitchen and will be featuring it at tomorrow's Vintage Charm party! Hugs, Cecilia

Instagram