Sweets Candy Company. . .

SWEETS,
 
Doesn't just saying the word bring images of all kinds of deliciousness to your mind?
 
Sweet Candy company is located in SLC, UT.  It's a fun place to stock up on goodies for filling your jars or hosting a party.  However, my favorite part of the store is their vintage displays.
 
I took these photos back in '2015' with my phone and never ended up sharing them.  I thought with Valentines Day approaching now would be the perfect time!
 
First, a little history:
 
 

Established in 1892.
Sweet Candy was started in 1892 by Leon Sweet.  We moved to Salt Lake City in 1900 where we have remained to this day.  Sweet Candy has remained family owned and operated since 1892 and we have had 5 generations of Sweets continue the family tradition.



Let's step inside. . .


This giant bunny chocolate mold is probably my favorite thing in the store!  It is being shot through glass, so that's what the reflection is from.
 



I also love this original wall.  It now is indoors.  I'm guessing they added on at some point in time.
 

 
How fun would it be to have some of their old candy boxes?
 
hmmm, wondering what carnation chocolates tasted like?
 





 

 
Orange sticks, an old favorite that has been around for a long time.
 


 
 
 They sell barrels and barrels of taffy.


 
 
I've always had a fetish for old tins.






Fun advertising posters hang on the wall.
 


I know a few of you pink lovers would have loved a box of Pink Lady Chocolates.
 
 
 
 
 
Yes, I'll be more than happy to try a sample!  :)
 
(although, looking at me; I shouldn't)  lol!
 
 
I hope you enjoyed the tour.  Are any of you familiar with 'Sweets' candy?  I confess that I've eaten more than my fair share of cinnamon bears.
 
Now I'll leave you with some fun candy facts:
 





 
Two of my friends, Joanne and Paula standing outside of the Sweet's Candy Store.
 
 
Now I think I'll go have a sweet, just sayin!  lol!
 
hugs,
Jann
 
 I will be sharing with these fun parties:

16 comments

Pam Richardson said...

Jann, now this is my kind of tour! I am not familiar with Sweets but ai think I need to be. Love all their antique boxes and signs. So perfect for Valentine's Day...who doesn't love chocolate?

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Yes, I enjoyed the tour. Loved the carnation sweet box. That is great that they pay homage to their business by having those great displays.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Looks like a great place to visit!! Thanks so much for taking us along!!
Thanks for all your visits!
Hugs,
Debbie

Susie said...

Jann, I loved all the photos. Seeing taffy in it's pretty colors was always tempting growing up. I have heard of Sweets. Love the old boxes. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

NanaDiana said...

What a sweet post!!! I love all they little bits of info they have posted as signage. Those places are always fun to visit.
Stay sweet- xo Diana

Sarah said...

What a fun store! Thanks for sharing the photos, Jann. The huge rabbit mold is amazing. One of our local groceries often has one huge chocolate Santa or Rabbit for the holidays. It is of course about $500. Wonder if it is ever sold?
Wishing for a piece of that taffy!

Curtains in My Tree said...

Oh I like the vintage candy boxes also,I use to buy them if I found them at an estate sale
Love the Bunny chocolate mold another thing I use to collect

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love old time sweet shops like this! Here in Denver we have Hammonds that still make candy canes and lolly pops.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Hi Jann- oh that is such interesting reading. Loved the tour - thanks so much. I have never heard of Sweets Candy Company - perhaps it is a west of the Mississippi thing - ?

Hugs.

Art and Sand said...

What a fun place!

I am avoiding candy these days, but oh, I do love it.

Jeanie said...

I've never heard of Sweets candy but oh! The place is fabulous, just fabulous. And the boxes. Oh, I'd love a collection of just those. What a treasure of a spot and what terrific photos you shared. The taffy collection is so pretty! My post of the day!

My thrift store addiction said...

Yes, please! Loved the tour, Jann! Thanks for sharing!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love places like that! I want to buy and try everything in there! Fun post.

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Oh Jann, that was so much fun! Loved all the candy boxes, and I'll have to agree with you on that rabbit mold being the best thing!
I have never heard of any of those candies. But I do have a different candy fact for you. Tootsie Rolls were the first wrapped penny candy in 1901.
Thanks so much for sharing your fun day, even if it was a few years back.

My thrift store addiction said...

Thank you for sharing your fun tour at Vintage Charm. I pinned that fabulous bunny mold!

Deepa Roy said...

Looks like a great place to visit!! Thanks so much for taking us along!!
Thanks for all your visits!Shadani India Private Limited

Instagram