Basement Bath Reveal. . .

Hi my friends.  This week I will be showing you our basement that we recently finished.  Why not start with the privy?
As many of you know, I am going for the farmhouse look.  The farmhouse needed a little romantic spot for the woman of the house to indulge (even if just a little).  After a hard days work in the fields and the kitchen I think it was well deserved.
IMG_1373
This bathroom is a little hard to photograph because it is long and narrow and has no windows.  The pictures are not the best, but I hope you can get the cozy feel I am trying to create.
I knew right from the get go that I wanted b&w checkered flooring.  Fell in love with Dru’s from the Country Farm Home.  You need to go check it out!
IMG_1396
The vanity is an old dresser that I bought from a friend years ago for $50.  The cabinet man painted it for me and I had granite put on the top.  Love, love the color with the b&w!
IMG_1380
A few vintage items on the vanity.  An old talcum bottle and a drug pak metal canister.
vanity top
Beadboard lines one wall and I found some vintage hooks to hang goodies from.  A couple of towels, a bundle of lavender gathered in OR, and a pair of wooden shoe forms.
IMG_1389
IMG_1391
It’s still a work in progress.  So far I have only hung this window and wreath above the beadboard.  See what I mean about the lighting?
IMG_1392
A simple yet elegant chandy.
IMG_1374
I found the lace shower curtain at T.J. Maxx on clearance for $20.  I added the ruffles.  I need to add one more.  I didn’t gather quite enough fabric.  I would have loved a claw foot tub.  Tried to be practical.  Just in case we happen to ever rent the basement out.
IMG_1388
I spied this sweet gathering basket at Wal-mart the other day for $6.  Perfect to hold some roses from the garden.
IMG_1375
A basket filled with last years blooms from my Limelight Hydrangea tree sits atop a rustic stool.
IMG_1376
My friend, Beth found this darling metal garbage can for me at a yard sale for $1.
IMG_1372
On the left as you enter the room I have a built in open linen closet backed in beadboard. 
IMG_1359
Perfect for holding a few essentials.
linen
I found this wire basket at a thrift shop for $2.  It’s great for holding extra towels and t.p.
IMG_1367
This wicker basket  was another $2 find.  This bath won’t be used a lot, so it will work for holding dirty towels and washcloths.
IMG_1368
This pic is not the best, but I wanted to show you these sweet little silhouette pictures given to me by my cousin, Betty.
IMG_1381
I ordered this bamboo rug from Décor Steals.  Fits perfectly under the door when closed.
IMG_1398
Well, there you have it.  My romantic farmhouse bath.
IMG_1379
hugs,
Jann
I will be sharing with these lovely parties:
Funky Junk Interiors for Junk Bathroom Vanities
Sunday View for Inspired Sunday
Dwellings for Amaze Me Monday
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
The Scoop
A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday
Cozy Little House for Tweak it Tuesday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesdays Treasures
Kathe with an e for You're Gonna Love it Tuesday
Knick of Time Tuesday
Flusters Creative Muster
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
Green Willow Pond for What We Accomplished Weds.
Lavender Garden Cottage for Cottage Style Party
Ivy and Elephants for What's it Wednesday?
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday
Common Ground for Be Inspired
Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday
Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays

http://www.ajoyfulcottage.com/2014/04/every-room-in-house-party-4.html

This post was featured at:
Rooted in Thyme
sweet-and-simplefeatured

51 comments

Unknown said...

I do love the turquoise with the checked floor! I think my favorite thing is your beadboard-backed cupboard area! And the ruffles on the shower curtain are a very nice touch too! :) Thank you for sharing with us!

Patti said...

Love the floor, and of course your aqua sink! What a sweet friend to pick up the cute wastebasket. LOVE the open shelving!

Art and Sand said...

LOVE it. so muh attention to detail - and that floor!

sweetbriardreams said...

Stunning colour and room! I have small wicker baskets in each loo and fill them with toilet rolls, they look quite cute in them and practical too! Have a great week. Chel x

Salmagundi said...

Perfect!! What a great tease for the rest of your reveal -- can't wait to see more. Sally

Anonymous said...

I love your bathroom reveal! My last house I lived in had a white & black-checkered floor, and I was crazy about it. Your trashcan flea market find is great, I love the colors of your bathroom! Enjoy...

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh Jann it is absolutely wonderful!

You guys did SUCH a good job with your new basement bathroom - just love it!

You do need to share it with lots more linky parties, everyone needs to see this!

WELL DONE, just wow!

diane said...

I just love it .... everything about it! It has charm.
Only problem is .... nobody is going to want to come out of that bathroom for a long time :-)

pembrokeshire lass said...

My do you manage to source some lovely things at thrift shops etc! Your room looks really lovely. Joan

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Looks GREAT, so charming! Love the turquoise with black & white!!!
Hope you'll hop over and share at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Blessings,
Cindy

living from glory to glory said...

I think it looks so vintage and retro. That little trash can is perfect. The black and white tile is classic. It must be great to have the remodeling part done. It is the accessorizing that we love!
Blessings, Roxy

Nell at njschout said...

Loved the blue cabinet!

The Farmers Daughter said...

Jann--I truly love your farmhouse style! That bowl sink on the dresser is perfect! When we did our bath, they didn't have sinks like that around. Sure wish they had. It all looks so wonderful. And, thanks for the shout-out, too! I wouldn't give anything for my checkerboard floor. I know you're going to enjoy it.
Hugs,
Dru

Fran said...

What a sweet room! I love the lines of that old dresser, and the color is perfect with the black and white tile. Built-in linen closet, beadboard, chandelier--you thought of everything! :) --Fran

Susie said...

Jann, I think your bathroom is georgeous. I will always love bk/wh checked floors. xoxo,Susie

mimi_62 said...

As always, your decorating is amazing, a++ to you!!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Jann, I really love the way it looks. You really have a knack for interior decorating!
Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the use of the dresser for a vanity, how fun is that and the checker floor is amazing. Great redo. Thanks for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Jann,
This is amazing! Love it all, but that little trash can is so sweet! Love the silhouettes too. I have two that are almost identical that my aunt gave me when I was a little girl. Your bath is gorgeous!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I love your bathroom, from the black & white tile floor to the repurposed vanity! I just painted black & white checks on our front entry floor and I love it. I can't wait to see the rest of your lower level!

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Love your sink! I have a old dresser made into a sink in my log home. What a great idea to have granite cut to fit the top! Great color, too! Great ideas all through your bathroom. Thanks for sharing!
Nancy

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your farmhouse bathroom...so pretty and cozy!! Love the black and white checked floor! I have a chandelier that is almost like yours. I want to put it up in our hallway...just outside of the bathroom.
hugs,
Cindy

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Jann- this is so nice! Love the flooring and the turquoise vanity. All your accents make it so charming. I've always loved bead board and its so cute in your open linen closet.
I hope your summer is going well!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

EEK, I'm in love with all of it Jann! Especially the dresser turned vanity, drool worthy. :)

Fran. said...

Jann what can I say you are the Queen of Rockin out the Farmhouse glam!! Beautiful! Love the colors!! XOXO Love Fran.

Di said...

Jann it is wonderful. What kind and what is the color called on the cabinet?

Robyn said...

Oh Jann it all looks so beautiful. The dresser looks wonderful! What a pop of color.. The room is so romantic!

Cynthia said...

Jann, gorgeous bath!!! Love the vanity and the color is great. All the little touches are so pretty. Love those bamboo matts too.

Cynthia

Cynthia said...

Jann, gorgeous bath!!! Love the vanity and the color is great. All the little touches are so pretty. Love those bamboo matts too.

Cynthia

ornate splendor said...

This is beautiful, Jann! The turquoise cabinet is just perfect. Love all the little touches, baskets, and towels too. Well done! Catherine

Rose L said...

One of my friends had a dark room with no windows and she had a solatube put in, It made a world of difference!
http://www.solatube.com/

Laura Turner said...

Such a wonderful redo, Jann! I've always wanted a dresser as a vanity--I love the color and the granite top! You are inspiring me to get to work on my bathrooms. Thank you for sharing with Sunday View!

Laura

Unknown said...

You've done an absolutely beautiful job Jann. Love that blue! Blessings to you, Patti

Tea in the Library said...

Lovin' the B&W floor. Stunning with the turquoise.

Winnie said...

Beautiful bathroom!!
I loooooooove the color. One of the bathrooms in out apartment has similar turquoise color which is wonderful considering you can see the sea from the window

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

Wonderful job, Jann! So many lovely details, and the vanity color is beautiful!

Jeanette

andi filante said...

Your bathroom rocks! I'm SO loving the vanity. I have purchased something similar on CL and it will get the same type of treatment. After seeing yours I'm super-excited about it again! Visiting from Green Willow Pond. :)

-andi

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

The black and white tiles are so evocative of my grandparents home (memories that are 65 years old).
Joy

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

you have created wonders / this is so much fun to see :) love the colors and everything about it! :)

Unknown said...

So beautiful! I love everything about it, and the color of the vanity...perfect!

Unknown said...

So beautiful! I love everything about it, and the color of the vanity...perfect!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

This room is amazing. I love how the black and white floor is very chic and the thouches of aqua add whimsy. Perfect.

Unknown said...

This turned out spectacular Jann - that vanity is just gorgeous - you really captured the farmhouse look you were going for with class!
The floor is gorgeous too!
Came by via Common Ground
Big hugs,
Suzan

BarbaraAnn said...

I Just Love Your Sink! I too have a cabinet I want to make into my bathroom vanity. I have a piece of leftover granite to fit it. I just need to find someone to put it all together...Wonder Space..
Barbara Ann

Kathy said...

Oh, Jann! This is exquisite - the vanity reminds me of a Tiffany's box - love the dark top and the beautiful sink - your decor in this bathroom is marvelous - beautifully done! I am so delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann!!
LOVE it!! The dresser turned sink vanity is fantastic!!

You deserve an A+

Hugs,
Deb

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Jann, Congrats! You'll be featured this week at Simple & Sweet Fridays this week. Thanks so much for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Jody

Unknown said...

Outstanding job, Jann! Love the colors and your black and white floor!~~Angela

Ivy and Elephants said...

lOVE YOUR GORGEOUS BATH! The color combination is so bold and beautiful, and the contrast of the vintage pieces makes it extra special. Love it!
Hugs,
Patti

Nancy said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful bath at Every Room In the House, Jann. You'll be featured at tomorrow's party. Hugs ~ Nancy

Maiah Harrison said...

The vanity is truly beautiful. I love the blue color.

Instagram