Golden Delicious!!!

Don’t you just love it when you stumble upon something that just happens to be perfect for a project you have in mind?

I have been contemplating on what exactly I wanted to do for window treatments in my new craft room.

The other day I was at Hobby Lobby when my friend, Joyce and I spied this cute mustard colored fabric. On clearance no less, $4 a yard instead of $8.

IMG_1349

It was sheer and oh so dear!  Remember this is a basement so I didn’t want to block out the light.  Even though it’s what they call a daylight basement with large windows.  Still, when crafting you need all the light you can get.

I bought 2 yds. and a roll of burlap ($3 half off) to tie it up with.  After playing around I found that It only covered half the window so I went back for 2 more yards.  And another roll of burlap.

IMG_1346

This is the easiest curtain I have ever made.  I just put a 2” casing at the top and hemmed the bottom.  The sides are the selvedge, so why mess with it?  I then found the center and just gently gathered it up in my hand.  Put the burlap over the top and tied the bow. . .voila!

IMG_1348

See how the fabric resembles dotted Swiss? Thought I would mention that they also carry it in white.  Not on clearance, but $8 is still a super good price!

IMG_1356

I love how my vintage pillars frame the window.

IMG_1345

Look at these darling envelopes I bought from my hairdresser, Shalana. At $1 ea. I couldn’t resist!

IMG_1351

Notice how my barn doors are the same color as the curtains?  A match made in heaven!

IMG_1344

And wait till you see what I found at Target for $29.99.

This SA-WEET mustard colored ottoman. How could I not bring it home with me?

IMG_1353

Not only is it cute, but functional.  It opens for storage.

IMG_1354

We did get the craft table in so I will be doing a complete reveal next week. Still organizing and need to get a chair.

Farm kitchen is almost ready too. Can’t wait to share and see what you, my friends think!

hugs,

Jann

I will be joining these fun parties:

Rose Chintz Cottage for Home

A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday

Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday

Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Friday

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

32 comments

Patti said...

I am lovin' your mustard colored theme and lookin forward to seeing everything. The barn doors are fantastic! And the curtains, to.

Unknown said...

You've been busy!! Love your window treatments!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

You totally scored, Jann- nicely done.

That room sure is coming together, whoo hoo!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your curtains!! Everything is coming together so beautifully.
hugs,
Cindy

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

The craft room is looking great. I love the curtains and the barn door.

NanaDiana said...

Your craft room looks absolutely wonderful. I love your barn door!!!! xo Diana

Kris said...

The curtains are perfect! I am very fond of that color too!!!! FALLISH...LOVE!!!!
I have a sweet little ottoman in my sewing room too, and I love the storage inside. LOVE your barn door!!!
Can't wait for the reveal!!!
HURRY!!
xo Kris

Joanne said...

Those curtains are lovely and I'm loving that barn door!....perfect!
Blessings, Joanne

pembrokeshire lass said...

They are absolutely gorgeous! Look so rich in that colour way too. I agree....the ottoman had to come home with you as well. I can't wait to see the rest of your finds. The room is looking really lovely. I bet you won't want to work there for a while as you'll just be sitting there and 'enjoying'. ,! Joan

Kathy said...

This is so amazing - lovely, lovely fabric - I love how you created these curtains with the burlap - looks beautiful. So cool that all these things, the curtains, the barn doors and the ottomon coordinate so well. We're supposed to get a Hobby Lobby in the next town over - so excited! I hope you have a blessed weekend,
Kathy

andrea@townandprairie said...

The curtains cover the window well perfectly! Loving that barn door and the columns that flank your window, too!

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

I am a lover of gold so your curtains are a hit with me! Such a clever idea....the mix of burlap with the pretty fabric is lovely. I have the same Target ottoman, so cute. Jane

Jonell w Harrison said...

Jann you are just having too much fun!
I love Hobby Lobby always find things that push my creative buttons.

Jonell

Jonell w Harrison said...

Jann you are just having too much fun!
I love Hobby Lobby always find things that push my creative buttons.

Jonell

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Love that barn door. The curtains are cute. Love the burlap bow and the gathering.

Bernideen said...

Very sweet ideas here and colors are so fresh and retro!

mimi_62 said...

LOVE that look!! Might to copy-cat that.

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Jann, Yes that little stool is so cute. I did a lot of the sweet mustard yellow accents in my kitchen. I never thought I would love the color so much. I have been so busy blogging the last couple of years my craft room has been taken over by a crazy blogging gal!
Blessings, Roxy

Beverley said...

Fabulous...I love the fabric!

HUGZ
Beverley

Cynthia said...

Jann, these are super cute and I love the burlap touch!! The barn doors are oh so pretty!

Cynthia

Rose L said...

You are so clever!

Stacey Johnson said...

It's all so cute! I love the shelves and all the things you use to organize. Too cute!

Teresa@magazineyourhome said...

Love the curtains and the use of burlap, that sliding barn door is wonderful!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Jann, You did a great job making the curtains! Your basement is really coming along nice. Take care.
Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love your curtains and I love the perfect match to the barn door. I rummaged an old door like that off of my next door neighbor's property (he tore down a shed and said I could have anything I wanted) this weekend. It is rather small so I don't know what I'll do with it. It is terribly cute though.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful space Jann and blessings to you, Patti

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Jann, your curtains are very cute and the barn door and ottoman are a great match! Thanks for sharing at my HOME and I'm looking forward to your reveals!

Blessings,
Sandi

Art and Sand said...

Everything is looking great.

I wish I had a room for creating instead of a space in the garage.

Tea in the Library said...

Don't you just love it when things come together? Loving the burlap and yellow. Filing that combo for future reference - my dinning room is golden yellow.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Great idea with the curtains. I am so doing that in my bedroom.

Kathy said...

Your curtains are so fantastic - love how they perfectly match your decor - beautifully done. I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

The Charm of Home said...

Looks wonderful! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

jann these curtains are so pretty! :)

Instagram