The Beauty of Portugal. . .

Hello, and welcome to a brand new week.  Last Friday my sister, Jeanne and I headed 2 hrs. South to visit two of our older sisters and a friend.

We made fun projects, played cards and dice games to wee hours in the morning, ate like queens, and laughed till our sides hurt.  A couple of times some of us, (not to mention any names) had to run quickly into the potty because they were laughing so hard.

I took lots of pics to share with you.  But, guess who had a senior moment and left her camera at her sisters?  Yup, you got that one right.

As many of you know last month we took a trip to Spain and Portugal.  It was a wonderful vacation and I still have lots of pictures that I haven’t shared.  I thought I would show you a little of beautiful Portugal.

Ten things I loved about Portugal:

1.  Clotheslines hanging across the windows.

DSCN0694

2.  Amazing  tile work on the buildings.

 

DSC_1738

3.  Views high up in the sky.

DSC_1877 (2)

4.  Hilltops just waiting to be explored.

DSC_1879 (2)

4.  Gigantic Hydrangea blossoms.

DSC_1895

5.  Breathtaking Castles.

DSC_1909 (2)

6.  Points that felt like you were at the end of the earth!

DSC_1928

7.  Places that look like they stepped right out of a picture book.

DSC_1974

8.  Towers beaconing to be climbed.

DSC_2018

9.  A church filled with gold.

DSC_2093

10.  A wall covered in little glass sparrows.

DSC_1749

And what took us to all of these wonderful places?  This sweet little turquoise VW van of our daughter and sil.  They bought it to tour Europe this summer.

DSC_2140

Now that’s living life to the fullest, don’t you think?

hugs,

Jann

24 comments

Jill said...

Looks perfect!! And travelling in style, no less - neat!!

andrea@townandprairie said...

That is TOTALLY living life! Are they shipping it home, too??

Unknown said...

It is so beautiful Love the pictures.

NanaDiana said...

Jann-What a wonderful adventure! It looks like you had a ball and I am glad you were able to do it. LOVE the van! What fun to tool around in that! xo Diana

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Jann what gorgeous photos! I would love to visit there also. I guess I'll just enjoy Paris in Sept!!

Linda W. said...

What a beautiful place! So glad you got to go see it. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Kris said...

Absolutely!!! I love that van!! What stunning photos from your trip! I wish I had a sister to laugh so hard with, that I had to run to the bathroom!!!
xo Kris

Jennifer Hays said...

Wow, it's gorgeous there! Your photos are really nice. Thanks for sharing.

sandi s said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time. Your pictures are beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us.

Cynthia said...

What great pictures, they are so beautiful especially that church. We have very close friends that are from there and they go back to visit family every year for about 3 weeks. Looks like you had a great trip!!

Cynthia

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Wow Jann what a nice trip you had. I love the architecture
And that tiled wall was amazing. You look cute in the van. I bet it was fun!

Jonell w Harrison said...

Yes, I know ENVY is not a good thing..but I confess to having difficulty resisting the Envy...lol
I have never been out of the U.S.A...not even the west coast..not NYC, Not D.C., not the Grand Canyon, not the MOUNTAINS..not Bostbn, Not Disney World, not a CRUISE...omy I am boring..gotta work on this but truly enjoy the photos-thanks for sharing w us!

Martha's Favorites said...

What wonderful places you have seen. I would love to visit all these beautiful places. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Karen said...

Hi Jann,
Wow! How I would love to see those castles in Portugal. I am scared to fly so I guess I will just have to enjoy your photographs of your amazing holiday! Thanks so much for sharing. Have a wonderful time! Take care,
Karen

Gayle said...

Hubby & I actually visited Portugal about 4 years ago - but we went to the Azores Islands instead of the mainland - it was wonderful! It looks like you saw so many great places!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Portugal seems like a wonderful place. The architecture there is amazing.

Unknown said...

Looks like a perfect vacation!! Beautiful pictures and your mode of transportation is the best!!~~Angela

Little Susie Home Maker said...

What a wonderful time! So glad you are all living life to the fullest!!!
Blessings,
Susie

Rose L said...

I would have been going wild with my camera!

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

Each picture is more extraordinary than the next ! I'd say to myself "this is my favorite " ( tile on buildings " then I kept saying that all through the post! :) Can't have a favorite...they are all equally stunning!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

What a wonderful trip!! And you got to go with family...double bonus. I'm thinking it must have been difficult to choose just five.

Pamela Gordon said...

These are beautiful picture Jann. How fun to see Portugal and travel in a little blue van! My cousin went there about 40 years ago and loved it. She's traveled all over the world and thought it was the best country.

Fran said...

Lovely pictures!! The photo of the tiled building is my favorite, it must have been fantastic in person. And what a cool color for a van! :)
--Fran

lynn cockrell said...

Jann, how wonderfully exciting! All of your pictures make me feel so ready to travel to Europe. My bucket list includes a river cruise of France in a couple of years. I think that little van is just perfect! I have been really busy with projects(namely in my master bath)and have missed visiting with all my blogging friends. I have tons more to do around here and most of it involves painting. Hope you have a beautiful and blessed weekend!

Instagram