My Fair Ladies. . .

This weekend not only did I find  new fair ladies, but I got reacquainted with an old friend of mine.

Before I show you can I just say how much I am missing my camera?  Yup, I left it at my sisters last weekend and won’t get it for a few more days.  Phones are great, but  really didn’t get the best pics of these gals,  thought I would share them anyway.  Don’t ask me where the pink glow is coming from.

In May my friend, Joyce and I went to Spring City to order a sheep painting from a local artist.  While there we stopped at a few yard sales.

I found a couple of little cameo pictures that I thought would be fun to redo.  Forgot to get a before pic, but they were gold with black rubbings and mounted on gold velvet.  The frames were brown wood with an inner gold rim.

I gave them a little washing with white chalk paint, sanded and mounted them on a piece of b&w houndstooth that I picked up at a thrift store.  Have I ever told you that I am ‘hound dog’ crazy about houndstooth?

IMG_0468

IMG_0467

I hung them on a wall in my basement bath.  They look pretty cute with the b&w tile.  By the way, did you know that cameos are a hot item lately?  I didn’t until a guy at a flea mentioned they were.

Here’s a pic of the bathroom and  tile if you missed it.

IMG_1373

Now if you think those two ladies are cute, wait till you see these.  I got this at a yard sale this week.  Don’t you love that dimensional heart and arrow?  I have to tell you that the photos of the cherubs are the same ones that hang in my fil’s bedroom.  Been there as long as I can remember.  They are in two separate frames and I have always adored them.  At first I was going to white wash the frame because it was quite scratched.  Hubby liked it as it was so I pulled out the ‘Old English’.  It did wonders.  I think I will hang them in our basement bedroom.

IMG_0472

Last of all, I want you to meet this fair maiden.  I have had this picture for years.  My mil, brought it to me from the home she grew up in ID.  It was hanging in the master bath at our previous home.  Our son was renting it when we had it for sale and I left a lot of things there so it didn’t look empty.  He got married and ended up buying the home.  Recently I asked him if they wanted this lovely gal or could I have her?  I thought she would look cute in the basement bath as well.   At the bottom is says that it is published by ‘Currier and Ives’ and is called, ‘My Choice”.  Not sure if  the date is authentic, but carved in the wood on the back is the year ‘1853’.

IMG_0469

What do you think of my fair ladies?  They may be old (I mean dated) but I think they are ever so sweet!  Do you have a favorite?

hugs,

Jann

p.s. I want to thank these sweet ladies for featuring me this week:

Judith for featuring my Harvesting Lavender post at her Cottage Style Party.

Deborah for featuring my Theater Room at her What We Accomplished Wednesday party

Jody for My Basement Bath Reveal at  Simple and Sweet Fridays

Sherry for My Farmhouse Glam Kitchen at her Home Sweet Home party.

My kitchen was also one of the top 3 viewed at Common Ground

Thanks I truly feel honored!  I love partying with these gals.

 

17 comments

pembrokeshire lass said...

I just love your ladies. Wow what a difference to those cameos! The last one is really lovely. It seems she's 'been around a bit' so she may be as old as you think?! Lastly many congrats for being featured at so many parties! You have such lovely things that its no wonder! Joan

Kalyan Panja said...

beautiful!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I like what you did with cameos. I have redone one too. The cherubs are famous MB Parkinson Prints, Cupid Awake and Cupid Asleep. I have them too but in separate oval metal frames. The child that posed for them was beautiful. I like the heavy wood frame on your prints.

Susie said...

Jann, I love the houndstooth check...so cute with your new bathroom. The cupid thing was very unusual, cute. Maybe you could go online to find out more about the Currier and Ives picture. Take care and have a great day. xoxo,Susie

Salmagundi said...

All four are perfect, but I've always loved the picture of the little one with the arrows. I think every grandparent's house had this picture. I'm envious you have one now!! Sally

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

I like the last one best - interesting it says MY CHOICE on the bottom - ? Does it say anything else in tiny print to explain that?

Glad you found some pretties, darlin.

And congrats on the features!

Have a wonderful day. Hugs.

Bernideen said...

I think these turned out wonderful! Your bathroom is delightful - how will anyone ever want to leave this place?

Kris said...

I love them all! I have my great grandmothers cameo! Huh, who knew they were a hot item again?
I would go nuts without my camera!
I can't post my pics anyway, right now. Blogger is giving me fits!
xo KRis

Cindy The Victorian Journey said...

Oh how I love your new header so perfect.


Cindy

Robyn said...

I think they're beautiful. I love the cherubs. I love vintage ladies as well an I love what you did with the cameo's.. They're a hot thing now huh? I have always loved cameo's . My husband bought me one set in gold a few years ago for Christmas. I cherish it.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your fair ladies are quite lovely....My camera is on it's last leg....I keep talking sweetly to it cuz my hubs said no new one until Christmas!

Maureen Wyatt said...

I think I have to pick the first one but that may be because of the sweet redo on them and my love of anything black and white.

Rose L said...

I have about 3 cameo pictures that I had not even thought about changing. Now after seeing your, I may consider it!

priscilla said...

Love the Cameo's ! Great idea with the black and white !

Stephanie said...

Absolutely beautiful, Jann :) What a great way to display cameos - thanks for sharing.

Hugs!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love the cameos and the "my choice" lady!

Fran said...

I love what you did with the cameos! And believe it or not, I am jealous of your "pink glow"...try as I may, I always get a yellow glow, and since pink is my favorite color, I would much rather pink than yellow! Have a wonderful day :)

Instagram