The Joy of Motherhood. . .

Hello my friends,
one of my greatest joys is that of being a mother!
 
I'll never forget the day that I held our first born in my arms.  I was a young 21 year old and that precious little one changed my life forever!  I felt the same each time a new bundle of joy entered into our lives.
 
I've put together a simple vignette honoring motherhood.  I know that not everyone has children.  I hope that they realize that they are an important motherly example to friends and family members
 who have children!!

 
The two books were recent thrift store finds.
 
I've yet to read either, but hope to soon!  :)
 
 
I placed the books on a concrete pedestal and topped them with a vintage pincushion that I bought at an estate sale a few years ago.  Of course my thoughts turn to my own dear mother on Mother's Day.  She was an amazing seamstress!
 
The sweet flower and heart were attached when I bought it.
 
 
It's made from vintage linens.  Love!!
 
 
Recently I spied this Mellomints tin in the case at one of our local thrifts.  It said sold, but it had been over an hour and the person had not picked it up.  The clerk told me that I was welcome to buy it.
 



I opened it up and found it filled with buttons.  That brought a smile to my face.  Mom kept her buttons in a large round tin.
 
I love how it is time worn!  I can just picture some sweet mother h holding this small tin in her hands.
 

 
 
The Mother/daughter figurines were another estate sale find  I picked up last year.
 
 
Look at those sweet faces!

 
And last of all, a sweet bride and groom cake toppers.  At our last estate sale we had 6 or 7 fabulous cake toppers.  This little one was left after the sale, and I could not resist!  (wink)
 
 
I put it all together for a simple but sweet Mother's Day vignette.
 
 
 
 I'll leave you with a few images of one of my
 mother's favorite flowers.
 
Things are blooming a bit earlier in the garden than usual.  My Iris usually don't bloom until just before Memorial Day.
 




 
There are more variety of Iris to bloom and I can't wait!
 
Happy Mother's Day!
 
Jann
 
I will be sharing with these fun parties:
 
 
 

14 comments

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful and sweet!Happy Mother's Day !

Art and Sand said...

What a sweet display.

Happy Mother's Day

Jeanie said...

Your tribute to motherhood is beautiful. (I love the button box the best!) And your irises are drop-dead gorgeous. LOVE them!

Susie said...

Jann, What a beautiful vignette. I love the figurines. Blessings to you on Mother's Day. xoxo, Susie

Sarah said...

Happy Mother's Day, Jann!

Anonymous said...

Jann, your mother vignette is darling! Those books look good. Please let us know if they are. Your irises are beautiful. Happy Mother's Day!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Wishing you a wonderful Mothers Day, Jann.

Hugs,
Mary

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Very sweet vignette. Happy Mother's Day! I am sure your children are abundantly blessed by you!

Thelma said...

What a beautiful vignette Jann. Happy Mothers Day

Pam Richardson said...

Jann, what a beautiful vignette of vintage finds! Your irises are stunning...hope your day was joy-filled!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I hope you had a wonderful day on Mother's Day. The irises are really making a show!

The Charm of Home said...

Happy Mother's Day! Love the vignette and your irises are beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

Jill @ Vintage & Co. said...

YOur Irises (sp?) are gorgeous and the mother daughter figurines are PRECIOUS!!!!!! I think they would look perfect in my link up party! :) Let's Talk Vintage, Mrs. Olson! www.vintandco.com/blog

Diana said...

What a beautiful Mother's Day display, Jann. I especially enjoyed seeing the pink tin filled with buttons. Thanks so much for party-ing with us at Vintage Charm :)

Instagram