Cheery Cherries. . . And a Few Strawberries

020

When I think of the month of June…I think – cherries.

My chalkboard says it just like it is!

When I was a teenager I picked cherries for a neighbor, Mr. Dickie.

I remember that my sister, Julie and I were the ones that dared climb to the very top of the cherry trees.

I have to laugh at this because now I am a bit afraid of heights.

Sweet cherries upon my table top.

032

Pitcher was a D.I. find at least 5 years ago.  Found the S & P that matched at a consignment store just this year.  How lucky was that?

040

Last year I made the chair covers.  They are made from waffle dish towels I purchased from Ikea.

036

I just purchased these dishes at Kohls. I saw them and loved them but thought they were too pricey.  $9.99 for salad and 12.99 for dinner. Last week they went on sale 40% off.  I opened a charge account just so I could save an additional 20%.  A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

030

The lantern was a PB clearance item.  I love it because I can use it for so many occasions.

031

I bought this mini cloche at R.C.Willey for only $2. It’s the perfect place for my bird S&P shakers.

025

026029

I love the dimensional cherries on this plate!

034

I bought the metal cherries on sale for $5.  At first I planned on painting them red.  After I got them home I decided that I liked the bit of rustic brown.

009010013003

My friend, Peggy said that she remembered her grandmother having this cherry china. I purchased mine at a yard sale.

004005007

015018

When I spied these cute little cherry napkins at k-mart I had to snatch them up.

017

Did you notice that I am displaying a lot of my recent yard sale finds?

021022

Aprons…I think it’s time to bake a cherry pie.

042023

016

Or at least some cherry oatmeal cookies.  I have a great recipe that I got at a farmers market in Wisconsin.  We vacationed in Door county last Oct. The area near Fish Creek was ‘Cherryland’. I loved every minute of it!

Here’s hoping that my cherries bring you cheer!

Linking up with:

A Stroll thru life for Table top Tuesday

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Savvy Southern Style for Wow us Wednesdays

It's a Very Cherry World for Rednesday

Very Merry Vintage Style for Share the Love Wednesday

18 comments

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Loved your space..it is stunning! Calling from Marty's TTT. Now, following you...hope you will follow me back:)
Have a great week!

Sanghamitra.

Unknown said...

Kohl's? huh? :) I have to go check those out. Darling! Please let me know when you make those Cherry Oatmeal cookies... they sound yummy!
Love your sweet blog. I'm following you now! :)

Have a great week!
~Liz

mimi_62 said...

Love your cherries decorations. As usual, what a fun home. None better!!

Ky said...

mom, your a cherry cutie!

Jocelyn said...

Very cute. What a cheerful table.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Kathleen said...

Love your new dishes, and the chair covers are adorable!

Shirley said...

I love the cherry decor. I have been looking for the vintage table cloth that I remember my mother using on our kitchen table. with cherries on it. It was probably from the 40's or 50's. I love your chair back covers!! You're very clever.

Donna said...

Well, I love it all. Such cuteness of cherry finds. I have the cherry measuring cups, and love them.
D

Stacey said...

Gorgeous! How can you not love cherries in a kitchen? They are pretty and bright and just happy. :)

Diane said...

Wonderful! Love all the red in your home. Looks so welcoming and cozy. Diane

Angela said...

I adore everything..my goodness....I'm really loving those chair covers you made..awesome

Anonymous said...

What a BERRY nice treat for my eyes this morning! :)

LV said...

WHAT A WONDERFUL DISPLAY OF REDS. I THINK YOUR CHAIR COVERS ARE JUST THE BEST.

Peg said...

Holy Cherries Jubilee! Love all your cherries, they are so cute!

very merry vintage style said...

Love all your sweet cherries--especially those chair covers you made. Thanks for linking this post to Share the Love Wednesday!
Mary

Unknown said...

Hi! Thank you for coming by and leaving such kind comments. :) And for following!! :)

~Liz

A Few Pennies said...

Beautiful garden! I love the cherries and I love red for my kitchen too.

JANE said...

Sorry girl I just can't keep up with you but I have no one to impress. Still waiting to see your new pergola hope you show it soon........

Instagram