Thru the Garden Gate. . .

Don’t you love the anticipation of what waits just beyond the garden gate?

001

The closer you get, the better glimpse of what lies ahead.

002

Come along with me,  together we’ll discover what there is to see.

002

This is our pondless waterfall. It’s only 8 ft. long.  At first I thought that it was going to look too small.  Now that I have done plantings around it I love it.  Just something about that sound of running water.

Did you notice the old milk house in the background?  There is an awesome barn attached.  You can’t see it in this pic.  When we bought the house a realtor told us one lady wouldn’t buy a house for sale close by because she didn’t like the barn in the background.  We LOVE it!

003

005

A view from the top looking down.  A lot of plants have yet to bloom.

001

I have poppies planted close by.  Believe it or not, this is only 3 plants.  With all the rain this year they have just gotten huge.

020

The bees are in 7th heaven.

Next to the orange poppies I planted two white poppies.  The blooms are so gorgeous.  I love the black in the middle.006

022

019

My leaf birdbath is nestled among them.

008011

My friend, Joyce gave me three blue solar lights for my b-day last year.  They give such ambience at night.

022

Gardening is my first love,(that is after my hubby).

I have much more I hope to share with you.

Tomorrow I am going to a local garden show called “The hidden Garden Tour”.  I was fortunate enough to have my Highland home included in it one year.

Can’t wait to see what I might discover behind their garden gates!

Oh, I almost forgot, Look what my 16 year old grandson brought me for my garden.026

025

A giant frog (or is it a toad?)

He presented it to me Mon. at our luau in celebration of my hubbies 60th b-day.

028

At first he just sat there.

031

Then off he hopped into the water.  He literally started waving his legs around and looked like he was taking a bath.  Of course, I missed that pic.

I have seen no sightings of psycho since; (that’s what my grandson named him).  I’m searching for him daily and I’ll keep you posted.

Linking up with:

Cottage Flora Thursday with Fishtail Cottage

Feathered Nest Fri. with French Country Cottage

Open House Thursday with No Minimalist Here

5 comments

Angela said...

Thanks for the lovely stroll in your garden. Did my heart good.

LV said...

Beyond you garden gate is a lot of lovely things. Love this presentation.

SELMA said...

Love all the flowers, Who would have known they would get so big. Maybe someday I will have to stop by for a better look. YOU GO GIRL!

Fishtail Cottage said...

thanks for sharing over at Cottage Flora Thursday's garden party, loving your white poppies! xoox, tracie

eileeninmd said...

You have a beautiful yard and pond. Love the cute frog and the birdbath. Your poppies are one of my favorites. I hope you have a great week and thanks for visiting me.

Instagram