HELLO YELLOW!

This afternoon I just trimmed the spent blossoms from  my Basket of Gold.  I know that I have a whole year to wait until I see it’s sunny yellow blooms again.

Oh, after trimming it will share a bloom or two; but nothing like it’s original debut. 

002

Even though I’m a bit sad to see it go, I look forward to the next beautiful bloomers that will bless my garden.

004

I love a bit of yellow in the garden.  It is just so cheery!

You can’t help but say, HELLO when you walk out and see it.

And what is my favorite color to plant next to it?

Purple.  Although I love planting red, yellow, and purple with my annuals.

My purple Silver Dollar plants have bloomed for a few weeks.  I love them nestled among my garden treasures.

The metal is an architectural piece I’ve had for a long time.  The wooden birdhouse was made from salvaged wood.  My hubby gave me the garden angel for Mother’s Day ten or so years ago. 

I like to think that she watches over my garden.  I hate to admit that I let her just lay in the dirt for over a year.  I wasn’t sure where I wanted her when we moved into our new home.  I’m glad to say that she is now sitting upright.  I’m sure she’s much happier!

009

Hope you enjoy and happy gardening!

 

Friday at The Charm of HomePhotobucket

10 comments

The Charm of Home said...

What pretty garden pictures. Love the bright yellow and these purple blossoms. Lovely. Thanks for linking it up to HSH! You will need to put a link to the Home Sweet Home party in your post. Thanks!
Sherry

Honey at 2805 said...

Your garden is so pretty, and your yellows are gorgeous!

A Few Pennies said...

Your angel next to the purple flowers looks so beautiful! And I spied those neat galvanized buckets in the background--lovely combination for your garden.

Fishtail Cottage said...

Coming over from Feathered Nest Friday! Gorgeous blooms! i host a garden party on Thursday's & would love to have you share sometime! (it's not to late to do so - link party open till saturday evening). xoxo, tracie

At The Picket Fence said...

Everything looks so gorgeous but, oh my, that yellow is just amazing! Thank you so much for linking this up to Inspiration Friday this week!
Vanessa

the cape on the corner said...

gorgeous pop of yellow! i somehow have a lot of purples...i need to add some yellow in there, too.

Unknown said...

Very pretty, especially on this rainy day. I love the pop of yellow against the rocks. Thanks for sharing and I hope you can stop by sometime.

Victoria said...

Popping in from FNF...Those are beautiful flowers! I especially love the purple ones:)

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Jann, These are such beautiful flowers and photos. The basket of gold is fabulous! Thank you for joining my party.
xo,
Sherry

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi there~ Loving that pop of yellow! What a fantastic addition to your garden! Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday this week :)

Instagram