Room with a View. . .

I have been anxiously anticipating this day.  What day is it you ask?

Today is the day that the theme of the Blog Party is

“SUMMER SPACES”

We recently finished a new outdoor space.  Actually, we still need to do a little rock wall.

The rainy Spring kept pushing everything back or project would’ve been complete.

This is a view of it from the East side.

049

This is from the West.  I took these this morning when it was shady.  I got a bit of glare with some of the pics.  Should’ve turned the flash off.

033

For the base my son-in-law poured stamped concrete.  We chose tan with a brown antiquing.  My hubby did the brick border.  Still building up the sand.  Then everything will get a good sealing.  This will give it a bit of a sheen.  Originally, I wanted all brick.  Hubby thought we would constantly be replacing it because it’s on the North.  At first I wasn’t sure about the concrete.  Brick border totally made me love it!

We purchased the pergola at the Home and Garden Show.  We upgraded the poles to 10” so we decided to let them install it.  Best decision we ever made.  Up in a few hours.

055

 

These pics are of my seating area.

I have a large view of this area from my family room window so I stuck with the same color décor as I have inside.

040

This set is what I call, “Family reunited”.  The table was one my Mother had.  Probably 10 or so years ago I found the chair at a yard sale.  I bought it because I knew it matched the table.  This Spring I found the ottoman at ‘Urban Renewal’ consignment shop in St. George.  They were all rusty white, painted them red.  Mom, Dad, and baby have all been reunited!

035

You can get a glimpse of the rock wall behind.  It will be 4 blocks high with a cap.  This will be great for extra seating for the grandies!

041

I have to thank Courtney, from French Country Cottage.  She showed this furniture from K-mart on her blog.  I had been looking at outdoor wicker.  Found a set at Wal-mart I just about bought.  It had orange cushions.  Not my fav, but the style was cute.  Then I saw this.  Knew right then and there it was the one!  I love red and I love toile!  What did I have to lose?  I never go to K-mart.  So thanks Courtney!

048

I had two of these outdoor wicker chairs I had bought at Target years ago.  They were originally green, but had faded.  I painted them turquoise first and then over sprayed them with green.

047

I was trying to match this.  Another idea from creative Courtney.  Mine do not look quite as cute as hers, but  they’ll do.  I’m hoping Courtney doesn’t think I’m some kind of crazy stalker.  Just loved what she did and wanted to give her credit.

052

A view of my entire eating area.  I bought the red chairs at K-mart also.  They rock and have ticking cushions.  Boy, I’m going to have to go to K-mart more often!

051

A few of my patio accessories.

042

This shopping cart I bought at a yard sale.  It was used at my little home town grocer.

045

Lanterns, originally I was going to hang all three from the corner of the pergola.  Hubby hung one and we both agreed.  It was enough.

054

Now, one more thing and then I will actually show you the view.

I love my chandelier!  I bought it at Star Mill antiques.  It is hanging upside down.  I wanted the candelabras to face up.  When Daniel, the shop owner was getting it down for me he grabbed a small plate.  He said, “it would look nice to put these on it.”  Maybe not those exact words,  but you get the idea.  Loved it, I bought 3 from him, one from D.I. and I had one at home.  I glazed it to give it a bit of a vintage look then added old silverware and burlap tree wrap.

039

Now for the view I promised you.  When sitting on the settee, no matter which way you look; the view is wonderful.  At least we think so, hope you agree.  I love sitting out there and just taking it all in!

Mountain top still covered in snow. Looking out to the South.

059

To the East, mountains covered with greenery.

057

To the West, our pondless waterfall.  I love listening to the sound of the water.

064

Straight forward, a bit of the Perennial garden.

061

I have a fun old ironrite that I bought to hold drinks and such.  Don’t want to move it out until concrete is sealed.  It’s a heavy beast and I wouldn’t want to make hubby move it twice.

When in the area, please stop in.  I’ll have the Diet Cokes (or regular if you prefer) cold and ready!

Linking up with:

SAS Interiors for Outdoor Spaces

http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/2011/06/shabby-cottage-summer-party-started.html

A Southern day dreamer for Outdoor Wednesday

The  Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Chic on a Shoe String for Flaunt it Friday

The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursday

http://happytodesign.blogspot.com/

14 comments

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

You've hit it out of the park for me! I love the red and the turquoisey green combination. Your stories about all your finds are wonderful too. And your views? Spectacular!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Stunning view. I love your manicured yard since I am a yard nut!

Becca Bertotti said...

This is so charming ... love it !! The colors you've chosen truly pop. And, the view is spectacular, too. *Becca* (your newest follower)

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I would love to stop by...it is so pretty. I just love mom, dad, and baby chair set being reunited...and red!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi Jann!! You are just so sweet!! :) I am so tickled that you were inspired by my post :)
My goodness... what an absolutely gorgeous yard you have! I ADORE your pergola~ the chunky wood is so beautiful and LOVE your darling wicker seating area ;) So inviting! You did a fantastic job on the bistro chairs too~ they are charming and love them with the red chairs. Everything is just beautiful~ and what a wonderful view you have to sit and enjoy! :) Thanks for sharing this at the party this week!!
Hugs, Courtney

Ever Green Tree said...

Hi Jann, You have the most beautiful outdoor space. Beautiful pic n writeup.

Fishtail Cottage said...

Popping over to say hello for the "Blog Party"! love your pergola - what a beautiful place for dinner parties, or breakfast parties or luncheons! i host a garden party on Thursday's & would love to have you come by to peek around or even link up?!? hope to see you sometime! xoox, tracie

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Jann...

It's so nice to have you for our Sunday Favorites repost party this week, my friend! Welcome!

Ohhh my goodness...I love your new outside sitting area! The pergola is gorgeous! I would really love to have something like that at my place! And...I love how ya'll did the concrete stamped floor...it looks awesome! I too, love the brick border! I have to say...I fell in love with your wicker set as soon as I seen it! Ooooh...I love red toile too! Jann, you just have this entire outdoor room looking fabulous, my friend! Ohhh my, and what a gorgeous view you have! The mountains are so beautiful! And then there are all of your lovely flowers! I like that you terraced with all that pretty stone! I love it all! Yes, I would love to spend some time out in this pretty space, my friend! Thank you so much for sharing this with us for the Sunday Favorites party! Such a pleasure, Jann!

Warmest summery wishes,
Chari

The Charm of Home said...

Jann,
I love your outdoor space! The pergola is fantastic. What a magnificent view to go with this. It is perfect for entertaining too with all of the great seating. Thanks for linking it up to Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Peg said...

It is so beautiful! You have such a great vision on what you want then you just go for it and accomplish it. You do great work! Everyone that helped did too. Your hubby and son-in-law and the rest of the fam. I think your deck and patio area has become my favorite spot at your house, I am coming over for a diet coke, you better put it on ice.

Anonymous said...

You have one of my favorite items on your front porch - a vintage glider, the type that slides. Would love to know where you got it from!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I bought the glider and the chairs from Star Mill Antiques in American Fork, UT. They were all very rusty. I had them sand blasted and powder coated. They are one of my favorite items also. Wish I knew who you were. Hope this helps.

Anonymous said...

Cheers and good luck for the future, To two of the most wonderful people in the world HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
I confirm. And I have faced it. We can communicate on this theme. this bright
[url=http://sobikara.hostingforfree.org/thread-51.html]snowboarding goggles uk[/url]

Thank! Cool Site! The Best!

Simply Simplisticated said...

I just LOVE your gardens and your yard its spectacular! your blooms are so vibrant and your Poppies to die for! Im your newest follower,stop over and see whats bloomin in a fellow gardeners garden! Deidre~ http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

Instagram