Long May She Wave!

009

Today is Flag Day.  I love how the Scouts rise early and leave ‘Old Glory’ for us to see first thing in the morning.

Notice how the house is all shaded, but the sun is shining brightly down on her.

Yesterday I decorated my porch for the holiday.

017

A few patriotic items atop a burlap runner.  The runner has long red and tan tassels.  Got it for a steal at Tai-Pan Trading’s tent sale.  The drop leaf table came from my hubby’s grand parents farm.

024 - Copy

008

I bought two of these flag banners at a yard sale for $2.  At first I thought I would hang one on each side of the door.  Hubby was pretty adamant that we only hang one. (Too many nail holes).  I actually think one looks better.  Hate to admit, he was right, for once.  hee-hee.  He also said, “it’s all stained.”  I replied, “ya, and that’s what I love about it.”  Did I mention that I have already scratched the door with one of my wreaths?  He was not a happy camper.  I really would like to paint it red.  Honestly, I didn’t do it on purpose!

014015

Planter was made by a friend years ago.

007

My oldest son and his wife just gave me this flag for an early b-day gift.  They knew that I would want to use it before July 17th.  Smart boy, mama raised you right.

005

My Americana bird house.

026

Uncle Sam has been around for a long time.  He is one of my favorites.

025

Pillows on the glider. . .

038

A few flags and stars in my planters

011

018036

A wreath on the garden gate

013

And we’re ready to celebrate!

016

As I was snapping these pics this morning the town  clock tower was playing, “God Bless America”.  How appropriate was that?

I love this country and all the Freedoms that we enjoy!

Happy Flag Day!

p.s.

I just got home from my friend, Joyce’s house.  Look at these gorgeous peonies she picked for me from her parents garden.

040

043042

I had to share, aren’t they beautiful!

Linking up with:

http://modvintagelife.blogspot.com/

House in Roses for Show off your Cottage Monday

Marty @ A Stroll thru Life for Table Top Tuesday

Sue @It's a Very Cherry World for Rednesday

A Southern Day Dreamer for Outdoor Wednesday

A Savvy Southern Style for Wow us Wednesday

16 comments

Janet said...

You have such a beautiful yard! I love how you're decorated it with the patriotic theme, too!
Blessings,
Janet

we three dogs and me said...

Love your garden and uncle sam

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Looks like you are all decked out for everything in June and July patriotic! It is beautiful!!

Angela said...

Everything looks beautiful. I just love your front door. I had to click on the pic to get a closer look.Adore your peonies..with that touch of red in them..oh my!That is so sweet of your friend....I used to have red ones at our other house..but no peonies with this one..my neighbor has them though, so it makes me feel like I have my own,,lol. Her's are right along side our driveway.

Kathy Walker said...

Beautiful garden!! I love the patriotic accessories you have added.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

The Scouts put that big flag up outside your house? Bless them!


DAWN TO DUSK

Yellow’s the color I wear at dawn
When dancing dewdrops spangle the lawn.

Red is the color I wear at dusk
When earth and sky are dry as a husk

And nothing stirs—not even a wing
Of bat or swallow or anything!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher


Boatman in Red

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

How nice to meet you through Outdoor Wednesday! I love your American flag collection! Your porch looks looks so patriotic and festive for Flag Day!

Mecky said...

Your porch looks so nice!! I really like your glider. Mine is the same style, although the aims on mine are a bit different. I need to paint mine but haven't decided what color yet. Red looks good on it! Hummm. I may just need to use red on mine!!
I adore the flowers in the birdbath. SOoooo cute!!
The peonies are so pretty. How sweet of your friend to share!!

Light and Voices said...

Sweet red glider! Agreed, long may the flag fly.
Joyce M

Kaye said...

I love your festive look! Those peonies are just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

Angela said...

Stopping by again..I'm a Coke on ice kinda girl..and you know what..it's red too..go figure...We are SO Rednesday girls..lol

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Your porch is just wonderful. I am totally jealous of your red glider and the yellow chair. They are perfect! Thanks for visiting my blog. I am a new follower. Keep that friend with the peonies happy! Love them.

Peg said...

Three cheers for the red,white,and blue! It is all looking so beautiful! Joyce is such a sweetheart to have a surprise for you, peonies are gorgeous!

Cindy said...

I love all of your gorgeous flags and Americana artwork. I am American by birth, but have lived in Canada more than 40 years. I love American, my heart swells to bursting when I hear your anthem and see the beautiful old Flag. We are so blessed to have you as our closest neighbor and allies.
Your decor is always so pretty and your peonies are lovely!
Hugs, Cindy

The Tablescaper said...

What a wonderful celebration of Flag Day!

- The Tablescapr

Nita Stacy said...

Your front porch is so cute all decked out in red, white and blue. I love what you've done here. Just the best spot to celebrate the Fourth of July. Thanks so much for linking up at my Mod Mix Monday party last week.

Instagram