Dot to Dot

I decorated my front porch Americana on Flag Day.

I have been so busy that I just finished the inside décor on Friday.

As I was decorating the table I noticed that I had unintentionally created a dot to dot.

It started with this:

Poker chip circles I picked up at D.I. for $1.50

014

Then It continued with this:

Felted wool circle garland.  I bought this at a boutique last Spring for $10.  Very easy to make. My daughter made one with my wool scraps.  If you’ve ever bought wool you know how pricey it is.  I figured $10 wasn’t bad for such a cute variety.

019

And then there was this:

I set my table with my Americana dishes that are only service for four.  On the ends I threw in these.  I love a bit of a mish-mash décor.

022017

So there you have it, my dot to dot.

Now on to my story.

Our ten year old grand daughter was spending the weekend with us.  After church my hubby and I decided to cook her a BERRY special brunch.

While hubby was cooking the pancakes and eggs (he likes cooking breakfast) I prepped the fruit and whipped the cream.

018020

Doesn’t that look yummy?

023

Only to have her say, “Grandma, I really don’t like berries.”  WHAT?  how can anyone not like any berries?

Well, to make Grandma happy she put on a few.

024

I actually caught her looking like this.

“You got cream on your face, you big disgrace!”

026

Here’s a bit more of the table.

2011-06-26

The red burlap tablecloth I purchased at Tai-Pan’s tent sale for $4.50.

I have had these Americana dishes for years.  I think I bought them at Mervyns.  I swear I have salad plates that match.  Who knows, may still be in the cupboard of our Highland home. Hee-hee.  Our son rents it.  I’ll have to have him check.

Cherry napkins came from K-mart, $1.29 on clearance. I don’t remember where I bought the napkin rings.  Have had them a long time.  Each flag is a bit different.

My hob-nob white cruet, candle holder, and small tea pot were  D.I. finds.

I collect red and white S&P’s.  This set is one I got at an estate sale.

Red glasses are from T.J. Maxx.  I have a pitcher to match, but it is doing décor duty. Most all the other plates and bowls came from T.J. Maxx also.

010

030

Berry lover or not, I think our Grand daughter Jordyn enjoyed her meal!

029

She looks pretty stuffed to me, wouldn’t you agree?

Linking up with:

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday

Boogie Boards Cottage for Masterpiece Monday

Little Red House for Mosaic Monday

http://dittledattle.blogspot.com/

Debbie Doos for Newbie Monday

http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/

I Savor the Weekend for her Patriotic Link Party

16 comments

La said...

Your table looks fabulous and Jordyn is adorable, even with cream on her face. :o)

I love berries and could certainly go for some delicious pancakes. Care to adopt me?

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love your Patriotic table and your granddaughter Jordyn is beautiful, she has gorgeous eyes! I love pancakes and berries even better! Wish I had them right now!! Thanks for sharing it. I just dropped from Masterpice Monday. Lots of hugs, Fabby

The Tablescaper said...

What a great table. I love all of your patriotic touches. And the food to match! Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

mimi_62 said...

What a lady!! You never stop amazing me. None better. Thanks for sharing your talents. I love your decorating. Also, Jordyn does have beautiful eyes and a personality to match. She's a sweet girl.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This is a very festive and patriotic table and yummy pancakes! I agree thta berries are so good! I'm glad your grand daughter enjoyed them!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Jann...

Ohhh...I just love your Americana table, my friend! And that granddaughter of yours is just precious! Love the photo of her with the whipped cream on her face...too cute! I tell you what, if I had been there...I would have happily helped eat all of those yummy looking berries! Hehe!

Well my dear, I just love your "dot to dot" patriotic table theme! You're so creative and talented! I loved the idea of using the red, white, and blue poker chips for a vase filler! That looks awesome! I also enjoyed your pretty wool dots garland! That really is quite unique! Sooo many pretties, Jann! Thanks for sharing them with us!

I just wanted to let you know that I have added your delightful blog to my list of blog follows! I'm looking forward to getting to know you...so very nice to meet you, Jann!

Warmest summery wishes,
Chari

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Table looks great! Makes me want to pull up a chair and sit down!! Visiting from DebbieDoos!!

Blondie's Journal said...

Your Americana Decorations are SO cute. You are really ready for the 4th!

Thanks for the information on the wisteria. It is growing like crazy but no blooms this year {I had some last year, the 3rd year I've had it}. I will try your tip!

Good luck on my giveaway!! I am a new follower!

XO,
Janie

Wendy@~Chez~La~De~da~ said...

Adore the whole thing and Yes, she looks full! lol
Blueberries sprinkled in sugar? I have to steal that idea, generally I just throw them in a bowl, that adds another dimension.
Cherries on top that cake....Love the whole fruit theme...cool and sweet!
Following you.....for more inspiration!
~~Wendy

Mecky said...

Great table!! Don't you just love TJMaxx?

Your DGD is so cute!!

Mecky said...

Thank you for your comment. Bonapart the Baker!! LOL!!
We did get to cool down today but I had to do other things and couldn't get to my Wanna-Dos!!!00's are coming back, though!

Alison Agnew said...

what a gorgeous and patriotic spread...and i want to come eat breakfast at your house! looks berrylicious...just a note to let you know that you won a painting from me at the summer block party...if you could be so kind as to email me your mailing address then i will get it out to you this week...nancherrrow@gmail.com

congrats!

alison
stuff and nonsense

mzzbev said...

I'm coming over to your house to celebrate the 4th! The decorations are so beautiful and patriotic. The goodies are making me so hungry and I want to rush home to make them all - I'm definitely in the spirit now!! Please come visit my Patriotic linky party and enter this post - fits right perfect. Have a Happy 4th and thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas!!

Jeanne said...

The berries look delicious. I'll eat them.

mzzbev said...

Thanks for stopping by and posting on my Patriotic linky party. Hope you had the best 4th yet! :)

zaneyonequilts said...

A friend would love to have the pattern for your large patriotic quilt that hangs over the rail. Can you please share it?

Instagram