Twilight White

2011-06-04

Tonight after mowing the lawn, and just before going inside for the evening I snapped a few pics of the whites in my garden.

Yes, can you believe I love to mow the lawn?  Just something about that smell of fresh cut grass.

My hubby was finishing the brick border on our new patio.

I usually mow during the day when he is at work.

Now, back to the whites.

No garden would be complete without them.

022

This was the first bloom to open on my white poppies.  Earlier today I squealed like a little girly when I said to my hubby, “look, my first bloom!”  I just planted them last Fall so I was so excited to see it!  There are lots of buds, so many more to delight.

023

Another picture with my small daisies in the background.  I have large Shasta daisies, but they aren’t blooming quite yet.

014015

Shade lover Sweet Woodruff

020

Snow in the Summer

025

026

Columbine

021

Even the moss by our waterfall is giving a show of tiny white flowers.

028

I love the white tips of my Tri-Color Willow bush.  Transplanted from a friends garden.  She decided it got too large for her area.

029

Variegated Zebra Grass.

I have a couple of trees that still have a few white blooms hanging around for just a bit.

027

Meadow Ash

030Tina Crabapple

Last of all, a piece or two of white garden accents.

016This sweet little bench once belonged to my Mother.  She brought it home from Mexico years ago.  She would be happy to see it in my garden. 

My tin washtub filled with pansies use to reside upon a pole.  Now it’s found a new home upon my mothers bench.

I hope you find some delight in my white!

Linking with:

Little Red House for Mosiac Monday

11 comments

Jo Jo said...

Jo Jo. Love all the white especially the white poppy. Have to find me one

Gayle said...

I agree. My favorite is the white poppy. It looks like a confection.

A Garden of Threads said...

White is a wonderful in the evening, brightens the whole garden. You have a beautiful white garden.

Teacup-In-The-Garden said...

Great photo's thanks for sharing!
Have a great week,
Best regards,
Markus

Dani P. said...

Lovely whites !!! Those poppies and columbines are so beautiful...

Ingmarie We said...

Your white poppies are wonderful. Lovely photos. Yes, me too like white flowers in the garden and have columbine, sweet woodruff and zebragrass in my garden. Have a nice week.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely whites! The popy and the columbines are my favorite. Wonderful photos, have a great week!

Linda said...

Lovely white blooms, so cool looking.

veryheatherly said...

The flowering moss is HEAVENLY!!!

Maggid said...

Beautiful!
Thank you so much for inviting us (me) to have a look.
All Best to You!
-g-

Lisa Montsion said...

I'd love to see your garden in real life.

lisa

Instagram