Flower Power!

With Spring just around the corner my thoughts have been on gardening and flowers.
To me flowers are kind of a super hero with a God given power.
Think about all of the things that flowers do:  We use them to show love and affection, for celebrating, to ease our pain and sorrows, to honor our dead, and they grace this world with color and frangrance.
Can any other super hero do all that? lol!
This tablescape is in honor of the power of flowers. This morning the sun came out and it felt like it was going to be a beautiful Spring day.  I decided that I would set my tablescape out on the patio.
The pergola has not been readied and the grass is still brown but Spring was in the air.
IMG_5837
I absolutely love these dishes that I bought at Smith Marketplace a couple of years ago.  Half price no less. Can’t you just see a spring salad in that cute bowl?  The plaid tablecloth came from T.J. Maxx.  I love mixing patterns.
IMG_5844
In the center of the table I placed my rustic urn planted with a Pussy Willow bush.  I realize that after Easter is over it will need to be removed and planted in the ground.
IMG_5838
Notice the fuzzy little blooms.
IMG_5840
At the base I stuck in three containers of wheat grass. I purchased them at our local grocers for $1.59 each.  Had I thought earlier, I would’ve planted my own.  Pretty pink tulips and a purple hyacinth is showing their flower power.
IMG_5846
IMG_5847
IMG_5848
A few of you were wanting to see what I did with my gifted vintage tackle boxes.  Well here you have one doing plant holder duty.  Jelly beans mimic fish bait.
IMG_5843
I do not have enough glassware of either green or pink so I used an assortment.  That’s what I love about using vintage items.  Mixing them just makes it even more fun!
IMG_5849
For a favor, and sticking with the flower theme; why not use little peat pots? Instead of using them to start a seedling you can fancy them up a bit.
My friends, Ann, Kathy,  Pegggy, and I made these for a party we had Monday night.  We Modge Podged a Easter image on the front, dipped the rim in more Modge Podge and then glitter.  Then we added a chenille stem handle, a pink felt and paper doily flower, a bit of green filler and some ruffled crepe paper inside.
The little peep is happy to reside over the goody filled nest.
IMG_5851
IMG_5852
After I did this tablescape I realized that it was the perfect theme for hubby and I.  I have a passion for gardening and he loves fishing.
Well, If he doesn’t show up for dinner I’ll know that he’s. . .
IMG_5850
Real or painted on, gotta love that flower power.  Flowers just make me happy!
IMG_5853
Happy Day!
Jann

I will be sharing with:
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2014/02/salvaged-tool-boxes.html
The tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday
Blissfully Yours for Home and Garden Thursday
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for Open House Thursday
Colorado Lady for Vintage Thingie Thursday

Debbie from Refresh & Restyle for Springtacular Tablescapes & Recipes
Hospitality Designs for Egg-cellent Spring Tablescapes
Screen-shot-2012-01-23-at-3_43_12-PM-e1327351698531
Knick of Time for That's Your Ticket Linky Party
82624848b

34 comments

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

What a beautiful spring table Jann! Love those dishes!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

I have been sooo ready for spring here, too. I have to say, that this is such a great tablescape! I really love those pretty dishes and tablecloth together. I also agree with vintage unmatched is just fine. Now I want to ask you about the pussy willow, because, I want to take a cutting of of my mom's in her yard? Did you start your own? And if so how did you do it? Just curious. Oh, BTW.. That jelly bean filled tackle box is so fun! I never would have ever thought of that one!
Blessings,
Susie

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Jann,

You have a lovely table setting. I love how you decorated the tackle box.

Dee

Shannon Fox said...

Awesome table! OMG I love it. I am off to pin that tacklebox. So stinking CUTE! Adore it.

Grammy Goodwill said...

I love your tablecloth and those dishes. They give such a beautiful spring look.

reFresh reStyle said...

Your tablescape is amazing! I will be copying several of these great ideas! I wish I had your dishes! Thank you do much for linky to my first party!
Debbie
PS. Super cute tackle box :)

Susan said...

Your spring table is very pretty! I am glad I found your blog! I am your newest follower!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Jann,
Your table is so pretty. Love pink and green together; they're my favourite colour combo! The flowers are gorgeous. Thank you for your visit and enjoy the rest of your week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Vicki/Jake said...

These colors scream SPRING! But alas...we live in UT so we know a hard freeze is coming in May:) We also know spring mingles with summer and we get the best of both!

Gina said...

What a pretty Spring table! The colors are great and your dishes are so lovely too.
Great idea to fill the tackle box with jelly beans!

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

What a great idea to use a tackle box as a plant container! Love your beautiful dishes, too. So lovely and creative!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jann! Oh, what a lovely outside tablescape all ready for Spring! Love your centerpiece - you're so creative. Your dishes are just precious.
Love your cloche displays on your earlier post too.
be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

LifeLessOrdinary said...

I love the dishes and that tackle box is fantastic! I'm curious about that watering can with the violets in it. Is that a cabbage? I really like it...so unusual and fits in perfectly with your flower power table :) Great job putting it all together.

Zinnia said...

What great inspiration you are bidding on. I love setting the table. I wish you a wonderful day! Zinnia

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

OMG!!
This is so charming and I LOVE those green wicker chairs!!!

Hugs,
Deb

retrorevival.biz said...

Gorgeous, Jann! So inviting, just like the spring blooms popping up all over town:)

~Cindy

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann,
Love this Spring table!!
The urn is just gorgeous as the focal point, as well as the tackle box. Such a beautiful day...
All the Best,
Christine

Shannon said...

What an "out of the box" idea for using a tacklebox!

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

The TOOL BOX... TACKLE BOX...

... my favorite! Hahahaha! Put a big ol' smile on my face!

Love from Dallas,
Kelley

Ricki Treleaven said...

Love your table! It is so cheerful for spring. :D The plates/bowls are so cute, and your centerpiece is so creative!

I am linking from ReFresh/ ReStyle.

xo,
Ricki Jill

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I cannot believe that you have incorporated so many creative ideas on that beautiful tablescape..so love the "tackle box" and I am definitely going out to get the peat pots!!..Beautiful table.

Thank you so much for linking up to my Tablescape Party at Housepitality Designs!

LV said...

You definitely set the mood for spring today. Lovely post.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Outdoor tables are wonderful. Yours is beautiful!

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Love your Easter tablescape, so charming!

Happy VTT!

Saturday Sadie said...

Gorgeous springtime table! Nice work! Love the tacklebox. Very creative!

Cottage and Broome said...

Love the power of flowers! Your table looked beautiful, I like to mix and match my dishes and glasses too. Our grass is still brown but I'm ready for spring too! Thanks so much for stopping by, Laura

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

LOVE those dishes. Oh my. And your clever plant container and centerpiece made me smile. That is so darling. Great tablescape. Blessings, Barb

Anonymous said...

Oh Jann, using your fishing tackle box on the table scape is pure genius. Love the jellybeans as lures! I may steal this idea!

Cathy said...

So many clever ideas. Stripe plates get a double WOW.


<;)Cathy

Unknown said...

I love the tackle box in your vignette. I am inspired.
Thanks for sharing.
Michele

Sarah said...

Cute table. The napkins and dinnerware are both darling. Clever idea to use the tackle box.

Anonymous said...

Thanks on creating one of the most stylish blogs I have come across in a long time! It's truly incredible how much you are able to take away from some thing simply because of how aesthetically gorgeous it is. Youve created a fantastic be site fantastic graphics , structure. site!
Ahighbloodpressurediet.com

Rettabug said...

Hi Jann!

Visiting from SSunday & I just had to run over to see this beautiful table! I adore pink & green together & am very envious of both your dishes and that darling tablecloth!!

I loved what you said about flowers & it is SO true! I was outside in the warm sunshine this morning, snapping photos of my hyacinths. ~~inhale~~
I hope the coming rains don't ruin them.
Thanks for sharing your pretties!

Hugs,
Rett

Shannon said...

Hi~Thanks for linking this up to our That's the Ticket Blog Hop. I featured your great Spring tablescape on my post today. Please stop by and grab a button!

Instagram