OLD BLUE. . . I LOVE YOU!

By the title of this post one might think that I am referring to an old dog.

Nope, this would be a different kind of old blue.

Last post I spot lighted my vintage pinks.  Today I thought I would share with you some of my old blues.

Probably my favorite old blue is my cabinet in my entry.

IMG_5729

Old blue bottles are so versatile. Here I took an idea from my friend Christine, from Stonehouse Living and used one as a vase.

IMG_5659

IMG_5661

Old books are one of my favorite display items.  I loved this baby scale the moment I laid eyes on it. The vintage fans and blow dryer are in my master bath.  The dustpan once belonged to my husbands grandmother.

2012-03-04 Old Blues1

A couple of fun blues in my bonus room.  Every now and then I find one of the grandies sitting at the type writer.

2012-03-04

You know me and my dish fetish.  Nothing more needs to be said. lol!

2012-03-04 Old Blues

IMG_5727IMG_5728

IMG_5743

IMG_5746

A couple of black dotty bowls and a  green thrift find pitcher snuck into this shot.

IMG_5726

More plates in the master bedroom.  These are not vintage, but I have had them for years!

IMG_5742IMG_5741

Blue Bottles

IMG_5739

A wonderful old plaid tin in my husbands office.

IMG_5745

In the guest bedroom and bath.

A collection of more blue bottles, a star made from old wood, and most special, the old red, white, and BLUE flag that was placed on my step fathers casket.

2012-03-041

Now that I’ve shared, just wondering; how are you?  Feeling a bit blue today?

Hopefully the only blue you’re feeling today is a bit of blue love!

Hugs,

Jann

I will be linking with:

The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday

For more mosaics visit: Little Red House for Mosaic Monday  Mary also has a wonderful give away going on until Weds.  Visit here: http://www.dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com/2012/02/lets-celebrate-giveaway.html

Smiling Sally for Blue Monday  (Visit her for more blues)

Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Knick of Time for Knick of Time Tuesday

The Coloradolady for Vintage Thingie Thursday

Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

36 comments

Betsy said...

I'm definitely feeling blue! I need to bring more blue into my life. Your pictures have inspired me--I especially love your little typewriter. I have a basic black vintage one that I love, but I need some color!

Betsy

Shari said...

What a beatiful cabinet! Did you do that yourself?

You & I have very similar tastes. :-) Let me know if you're ever having a garage sale haha!!

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann,
Thank you!

Your spring tulips look fantastic in the aqua blue jar...
Wow, that typewriter sure brings back some old memories of me learning how to type...
Well, Jann you have done it again your collections are just beautiful. Whether it is in red, red & white, pink or blue!
All the Best,
Christine

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Love old blue, but the typewriter and vintage bottles too!

Carol

chateau chic said...

Love all your blues. It's my favorite color that I never tire of.
Mary Alice

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Looks like you have a case of the blues...lol...I love that shabby, chippy blue and the blue glass is great!

Pamela said...

Loving all your blues!

Pondside said...

I love blue, in all its shades. There isn't a room in my house that doesn't have some blue in it.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely shades of blue. It is my favorite color. The blue cabinet is gorgeous, I would love to have one too. I hope you have a great day.

Miri said...

Beautiful blues! I love that you have the typewriter out-my kids have been telling me about funny YouTubes where little kids try to turn the pages of a book like it was a screen...should we laugh or cry?

Old Time Cindy said...

Blue is my favorite decor color. Some of your photos look like they could have come right out of my home!

SmilingSally said...

I love your blues, but you showed so much on one post. What will you do for next Blue Monday?

Happy Blue Monday, Jann.

camp and cottage living said...

Jann
I've never seen so many blues in one household. You are difinitely a collector!
My favorite is the pale blue bubble
glassware. What is that called?
I love it!

Maude Lynn said...

I adore those old blue bottles!

Karie said...

Oh, I love your blue. The cupboard is beautiful. And I always love blue bottles. Great job. Thanks for sharing. Karie

Full-On-Forward said...

This was a wonderful and fun post! Blues everywhere!

John

CEO Lisa Anne - L.A said...

What a beautiful cabinet and I love the vintage bottles. Beautiful Blues! I'm your newest follower. Hope you will visit Magnolia Cottage. Blessings,

Lisa

Rebecca said...

I love your blues, their wonderful, of course, pink is my favorite, but youve got great blues!!!

Unknown said...

This is my first visit here. I love what I see. I collect the cobalt blue bottles and love that typewriter. Looks like your home is coming along fine. I have been trying to color bottles with Mod Podge and food coloring. I will post some soon. Takes them forever to dry.
QMM

Cottage and Broome said...

Love the vintage typewriter, so fun in that color too! Thanks for stopping by, Laura

Mindie Hilton said...

All lovely items but the typewriter is my fave.

Anonymous said...

So many cute vintage items and yes, that old, worn blue rocks my socks too!
Cas x

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Love your blues -- especially that little dustpan! My mom had one like it only it was red -- brings back memories and I sure wish I had that thing today!

Red Rose Alley said...

Love the blue typewriter! The blue plates are so unique and beautiful. You know, my favorite tea cups are the blue ones - I'm not sure why, but our wedding china pattern was even in blue.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Chubskulit Rose said...

Those are beautiful blue collections!

Sta Wars Blues in Disney World, please come and see.

Janet said...

I just love your blue hobnail cream and sugar. I found a vase very similar to them and really love that shade of blue.
Blessings,
Janet

Red Nomad OZ said...

You're right - the OLD blues are the best!! My favourite is your tin - just as well I'm downunder, or I'd be tempted to drop in and see if you could part with it!!!

Red Nomad OZ
Amazing Australian Adventures

luci wallis said...

You can never go wrong with blue in any shade!!!
Bristol

Leah H. said...

Beautiful vase.. You have many blues:)

Visiting for Blue Monday-hope you can stop by:)

http://www.sweetposh.info/2012/03/celebrating-the-birth-of-our-little-guy.html

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Thank you for the wonderful "Blues Tour"! I will be back to see what new color you have in store for us next time! P.S. I was surprised NOT to see some old blue insulators?

LV said...

You really do like blue. You have a wonderful assortment of them. I enjoyed seeing and learning about each one.

Mary said...

Blue just makes my heart sing! Love your old blue bottles, and that beautiful sugar and creamer (Fenton?) Thanks so much for sharing at MM, Jann. xoxo

Kellie said...

Yep. You've got the blues, alright! I love them...especially that old typewriter!

c. Joy said...

Suddenly I'm feeling blue... in the best possible way. Great pix. Love the dark, dark blue.

The French Hutch said...

I'm loving that blue cabinet and those cobalt blue bottles. Great share. The folded flag tugs at my heart, i understand that loss. My son has my dad's flag.


~Emily
The French Hutch

Leah H. said...

Visiting again for Blue Monday_ hope you can stop by:)

http://www.sweetposh.info/2012/03/eternity-bangles.html

I am also hosting a $50 giveaway. One day and 8 hrs left.. Hope you can join.. Check it here:

http://www.mommys4seasonsjourney.com/2012/03/technology-in-our-lives.html

Instagram