Come Ride With Me. . .

Yesterday morning I had planned on going on a hike.  When that didn’t happen I decided to hop on my bike and go for a spin.

Come ride along with me. . .

The first thing to see is ‘Old Glory’ waving proudly at my neighbors home.

DSC01325

My home is located in the older part of town.  Just below our home there are a lot of older houses.  Alpine use to be pretty much a little farm town.

I love these old homes!

DSC01326

DSC01327

DSC01328

Look who stepped out to say ‘hi’.

DSC01303

DSC01302

At the bottom of the hill I turned the corner and this colorful tree caught my eye.

DSC01304

Uphill for a few blocks.  Starting to realize just how out of shape I am. lol!

Cute goats had a fun place to call their own‘

DSC01330

I was heading East and the closer I got to the mountains the more I felt like I was in Texas.  I mean because everything got ‘BIG’!

DSC01310

The last few years the building in Alpine had pretty much came to a halt.  It has picked up again and they certainly aren’t sparing any lumber.

DSC01306

DSC01311

I must admit I don’t blame them for wanting to live close to these beauties!

DSC01312

Even the older homes in this area are large.  I love how this one is secluded.  You really can’t see the size of it in this picture, but it is big!

DSC01307

This is their side entrance.  Gorgeous!  And I missed getting a photo of their fabulous gazebo.

DSC01309

This home has been here for a long time.  It’s so huge that it looks more like a hotel to me.

DSC01315

After traveling E. for a couple miles I have now headed back towards my house.  This majestic beauty sits about a half mile or so above my home.

DSC01317

One thing I love about this home is this old rock wall and steps on their East side.  It was from what ever happened to have been there years ago.  Both I and the homeowner wished we knew the history behind it.

DSC01316

This gorgeous horse ranch is not far from my home. Lucky horses. Love that rock wall!

DSC01318

And this rock wall covered in Virginia Creeper and lined with Iris was built by my neighbor and her hubby.  It turns brilliant red in the Fall.  Can you tell I love rock walls?

DSC01321

And last of all I have to show you the home of my neighbor, 103 year old Bertha.  She lives there all by herself.  Talk about an amazing woman!

DSC01323

Well, there you have it.  Both the big and small of Alpine.  Which do you prefer?  My home is somewhere in the middle.

After I got home I was curious as to how many miles I had ridden.  I drove it with my car and I had gone between 4-5 mi.  Not bad for my first time out. 

I didn’t want to over do.  Must admit, my tush is a little sore this morning.  Hee-hee!

Hope you enjoyed the ride!

hugs,

Jann

29 comments

Susie said...

Jann, It's a beautiful place to live. I love older homes the best. So much character. I laughed about you going up hill. I would probably be lying at the side of the road, myself. :):) Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Art and Sand said...

Thanks for taking me along on your ride. I am afraid that all of those beautiful (and huge) houses were diminished by the gorgeous sky.

Kris said...

I bet your tushy is sore! Thanks for taking us along on your ride with you! You live in a stunningly beautiful area! The homes are all lovely. For me, I like the one Bertha lives in. Bless her heart. 103! Do you look in on her?
Have a wonderful day!!
xo Kris

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Oh Jann, I enjoyed "our" bike ride so much! You live in a beautiful area....thank you for sharing it with us! Hugs, Penny

Kim said...

Wow, you live in a truly beautiful part of the country...such wide open spaces! Thanks for the tour!

Debby Ray said...

Jann...thanks for the tour of your neighborhood. It is beautiful there with those lovely mountains as a backdrop! Many very pretty houses along the way too!

ellen b. said...

Beautiful views in your corner of the world!

Cranberry Morning said...

Thanks for taking us along on your hike! Beautiful homes and mountains. Especially like the fences and goats. :-)

Stacey said...

How pretty! I love seeing the mountains in the background. It's so funny that you mentioned Texas because when you showed that house I thought...hey that looks kinda like my neighborhood. We aren't quite that big but the look is very similar.

Artsy VaVa said...

I loved the tour Jann. You live in a beautiful area. Those rock walls remind me of Ireland!

Linda said...

Love the mountains! Very pretty area. Thanks for the tour.

Julie Marie said...

Hi Jann... thanks for the fun bike tour of Alpine... love those old houses and the llamas are adorable... enjoyed seeing the Rainbow Pride tree... good to know some in Alpine are for equality!... xoxo Julie Marie

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I enjoyed the tour - beautiful area. Glad you were doing the peddling, cause I would have never made it. :D

Pamela Gordon said...

Good for you to get out and bike ride! Thanks for taking us on a tour of your community. The homes and the views are really spectacular! Thanks Jann. Have a great week.

Linda W. said...

I very much enjoyed the "tour" of your hometown. There's some fantastic houses!

Nancy's Notes said...

What a wonderful tour of your area, it's just beautiful everywhere you look! The mountains are just majestic, great shots! Your 103 year old neighbor must be an amazing woman! Would love to hear more about her! Great post!

priscilla said...

Wow ! What a beautiful neighborhood you live in Jann !The mountains are gorgeous !

Shirley Hatfield said...

Sweet! I just saw my Great-aunt Verdie's house...the second old house. Grandpa Mel's sister was named Verdie Jane Devey Terry Terry Terry. She married three Terry brothers one right after the other...lol. My parents lived there when they were first married. My mom told me how Grandma Zetta would just pop by when they were still in bed to do her laundry. Thanks for this fun fun bike tour of beautiful Alpine!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

What a nice ride you had! Beautiful, cozy and serene scenery. Love the back drop to the houses....just beautiful. Thanks for taking me along. Still working towards getting back on my bike after hip surgery. I am inspired!

Rose L said...

I see a variety of homes in size and shape in my neighborhood as well. The developer sold lots to builders and the max any builder could buy was 3 lots. They had to build different homes on each so it has all custom homes. The minimum lot size is 10,000 sq. ft.
My home was the 3rd one built here!
I love the variety of styles here.

cynthia lee designs said...

Loved the tour of the area where you live...very pretty!! Wish I could still ride a bike. I have bad knees and the doctor said no more bike riding for me. :-(
hugs,
Cindy

Creations By Cindy said...

Great pictures and I enjoyed the tour~ Hope your TUSH is better! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

Wonderful pictures, Jann. Thanks so much for the fun tour. I haven't ridden a bike in 20 years! haha

Jeanette

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Well that was fun / llamas and goats and mansions and little houses and everything in between! :)

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Thanks for the ride, Jann! I enjoyed every minute of it, viewing these majestic homes...what a beautiful place you live in, surrounded with breathtaking scenic views:)~hugs, Poppy

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I loved the mountain views behind the houses... Waking up to that view must be amazing. My favourite house is Bertha's charming cottage!

FARRAGOZ Notebook ~ the how, what, where of hunting for & recreating the best patina said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the ride! Thanks for taking me with, Jann! Also, thanks so much for another party.
Tania at FARRAGOZ

farmhouse-story said...

thanks for taking us along, jann! you live in a gorgeous area!

Fran said...

Thanks for the ride!! I really enjoyed your pictures. I love, love, LOVE old homes, but more than that I adore the open space and the mountain views of all of those homes. 1/4 acre is the norm around here in the Boston area, how I wish I had more space. I will have to live vicariously through your photos! :)
--Fran

Instagram