Pink and Purple Perfect Pair in the Garden. . .

Strolling thru the garden today and I couldn’t help but notice what a stunning pair pink and purple are together.

DSC01434

Although I didn’t actually plan this, I love the combination of pinks and purples in this grouping.

Pink Jupiters Beard, Purple Sweet Rockets, Pink Peonies, and Purple Clematis.

DSC01438

My Peonies just started opening up yesterday.  Can’t wait till there are more and I can cut a few!

DSC01436

I have three of these gorgeous double ruffled pink peonies.  Two of them put on a show and the third does absolutely nothing.  Thinking I will move it this Fall.  Guess it’s just not happy.

DSC01437

DSC01367

this beauty is growing up a small ladder.

DSC01435

Hidden under there is a rustic garden sign.

DSC01366

I love Clematis!  I have at least six of them and they are just starting to bloom.

DSC01445

More pink and purple combos.  Don’t ask me why?  But I like how this picture is fuzzy in the background and left front.

Jupiters Beard and Foxglove.

DSC01446

Sweet Williams and Variegated Iris.

DSC01450

Chives and Tri-Color Beech Tree.  Love that beautiful blue sky!

DSC01443

I was greeted with this stunning new Iris this morning.

DSC01447

Bleeding Heart and Dwarf Korean Lilac.  Just catching the tail end of the Bleeding Heart.  It has been absolutely gorgeous!

DSC01449

These Lilacs are planted at the back of our pergola.  The scent is heavenly!

I am always in awe of all the beauty the good Lord has provided for us.  Can’t help but feel close to him when you’re amongst his glorious creations!

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:

Fishtail Cottage for Garden Party

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday

23 comments

Joanne said...

Oh I just love your flowers! Purple flowers are my favorite. There is nothing like a garden filled with color...always makes me feel good! Thank you!

camp and cottage living said...

Jann
Your pinks and purples are gorgeous. What beautiful gardens you have!
Don't laugh but my peonies are just an inch out of the ground.
I think I'm going to cry after seeing yours...

Tea in the Library said...

The garden tours always have me humming a favorite hymn - I come to the garden alone,
While the dew is still on the roses,
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses. Refrain:
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

He speaks, and the sound of His voice
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.
I’d stay in the garden with Him,
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.

Susie said...

Jann, Your flowers are beautiful. I like pink and purple. That's what I had last year. xoxo,Susie

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Love the pink and purple combination. Those peonies are so beautiful, one of my favorites!

cynthia lee designs said...

Oh my...I just love all your flowers!! They are so pretty!!
hugs,
Cindy

ANNE said...

Absolutely lovely! My fave photo is the Jupiter's Beard with the galvanized stuff in the background - perfect shot!!

Lady of the Manor said...

These are my two favorite colors and they work so well together in the garden!

Bernideen said...

Looking lovely here!!!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Funny if it wasn't so cloudy today I would have done a pink and purple in the zen room covered porch post today - it's my theme colour, so got a kick it is yours too in your garden.

Your flowers are so healthy, no doubt from your expert care, Jann.

Hugs.

Creations By Cindy said...

Love all your flowers....purple and pink seem to be the hot colors this summer too! Happy Weekend. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Rose L said...

Pinks and purples are very complimentary to each other. Then toss in some blues, and a dash of red and yellow, and some white and ...well, I love a full rainbow in my gardens!

Maureen Wyatt said...

That is a great colour combo and I think I will copy it! Your gardens are beautiful.

Rachel Uchizono said...

Wow! Your flowers are beautiful! You can tell your garden loves you.
Rachel

Stacey said...

You just reminded me that I need to plant clematis at this house. My hyacinth bean is blooming now. Hope yours does too. :)

Cynthia said...

Your garden is surely growing and doing so well. I seem to gravitate to purple flowers too.

Cynthia

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Love the pink and purple together!!
They look lovely together!!

Thanks for visiting!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Leovi said...

Wonderful colors , exquisite flowers ! Nice photos ! Magnificent garden !

Fishtail Cottage said...

beautiful garden photo's Jann! Thank you for linking up to Fishtail Cottage's garden party! Especially love your peony! xoox, tracie

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

your peonies and iris are beautiful, mine are done now..I hate that but then that is why we appreciate them so! Thanks for stopping by to visit and thank you!

Marie-Interior Frugalista said...

Jann I couldn't agree more! I'm finally get my pots planted in pink and purple. Last year I steered away from my usual color scheme and went with purple and yellow and it just didn't have the same appeal. It feels so good to look out my window and see color again after that long winter and late spring.
Marie@The Interior Frugalista

The Happy Creations said...

Love love love your flowers!!!!!!
Your garden is beautiful!!!

The Charm of Home said...

Pink and purple is beautiful together! I need to get peonies next year. We are having our trees removed due to disease and I have a yard full of sun now! Many new things will work in it. Thanks for linking with Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Instagram