The Garden Gate. . .

There’s just something so welcoming about a garden gate.  Whenever I am out and about I always pay attention to them.

I love the anticipation of what lies behind. . .

DSC01152

It’s early yet, but soon a garden full of roses will be blooming beyond my garden gate.

My Weeping Crabapple tree greets all those who enter with gorgeous pink blossoms.

DSC01167

DSC01153

DSC01165

I found this sweet little stake at my hairdressers gift shop when I went in for a trim last week.  The little pouch is filled with papers.

DSC01166

As you enter the garden you’ll see a bit of color from early bloomers.

Perennials are trailing along the rock wall.

A new found rock mushroom sits at the edge of our pondless waterfall.

gate

We have two garden gates.  One on each side of our home.  They are iron and I like how they made each one just a little different.  One has three metal leaves and the other has five.

DSC01159

I also love garden gates as yard art.  This one has been sprayed green and has a large corrugated tin flower hanging on it.

DSC01158

Sometimes garden gates make their way indoors.  I bought this one from my sister.  Her husband said he remembered it hanging at his grandparents home.

DSC01149

DSC01150

High on top of a cabinet in my entry the paper birdhouses I made a few years ago hang on branches.  It gives the feeling that their hanging in a tree.

A large funnel serves as a trunk.

DSC01151

Whenever I see a unique garden gate my mind conjures up all kinds of images of what lies behind.

Don’t you love garden gates?

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:

Fishtail Cottage for Garden Party

Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Knick of Time Tuesday

Lavender Garden Cottage for Cottage Party

Living from Glory to Glory for Encouragement-Homemakers

19 comments

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Sure do love garden gates - love that old one indoors you use - well done, Jann! Big hugs!

Laura Everyday Edits said...

Hi Jann- I love these garden gates! It's a reminder that so many things can be recycled! Would love for you to link this to Friday Favorites that goes live tonight! laura

Art and Sand said...

I love garden gates. When our wooden gate began to fall apart, Steve had one of his vendors in Mexico make us a wrought iron gate and I love how it provides a peek into my garden.

I would love a garden gate in my house somewhere.

Fishtail Cottage said...

Yay!!! so great to see you over here at Fishtail Cottage's garden party! Oh how I've missed the garden posts!!! love that gate! xoox, tracie

living from glory to glory said...

YES! I love gates and doors so much I have a board on Pinterst. Happy May Day to you! We are still needing a fire everyday, yet here!
I loved the weeping tree so pretty!
Hugs, Roxy

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I love garden gates too and carry my point and shoot to capture them on morning walks.
The antique gate you brought indoors looks really nice with all the birdhouses in front. Great idea using the funnel to hold the branches.

cynthia lee designs said...

Yes...I love garden gates!! My sister gave me one and my plan is to put it the guest room after my daughter moves back out into her own place.
Hope you have a great weekend.
hugs,
Cindy

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh Jan I love the sweet little garden gate note holder. Does she have any more of those. I would love to have one. How sweet it that. Just love it. You know me and garden gates I use them everywhere in my home and outside too. Garden gates just bring such beauty to where ever they are.
Kris

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Very pretty! Love your garden gates....especially indoors!

Cynthia said...

I am a big fan of garden gates too. Love your indoor gate. Your garden is doing beautifully. Have a great weekend!

Cynthia

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
Beautiful garden along with your gates!! I especially LOVE the vintage one!!!

Hugs,
Deb

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh my, what sweet and wonderful garden gates! I love your little waterfall and you sure do have some beautiful flowers! Love your little gate inside, it's a treasure!

Jonell w Harrison said...

I just have to find my garden gate and show off for you..Inspiration-Always

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

When I read the title of your post the old poem "Never kiss by the garden gate, cause love is blind but the neighbors aint!" immediately popped into my head! LOL!!! But really your garden gates are just gorgeous Jann! And your garden looks beautiful. So jealous because with all I can do inside the home I seem to have a "black" thumb when it comes to gardening. But boy do I appreciate a beautiful garden when I see one! Thank you so much for sharing.
Have a great weekend!
XO Barbara

Tea in the Library said...

Love your garden gates!

Tarnished Royalty said...

How fun Jann! My pearl post for next Monday happens to be about gates! Do you mind if I use one of your photos in my post, with credit of course? ~Ann
Tarnished Royalty

Audrey said...

I too, love garden gates and have several in my house and on the front porch. I do not like leaving the out in the weather to ruin. Love how you used it on top the cabinet. Birds and birdhouses just go with gates.
Great look.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Love your gates, inside and out, Jann! :)

Ann said...

That garden stake is wonderful. I'd love to have one of those! Your garden gate vignette is so clever. The funnel tree trunk is pure genius. You've inspired me to do something more with my garden gate. I'll post it on my blog when I figure out what. Ha!

Instagram