Weekend Treasures!

As much as I love thrifty finds I rarely go to yard sales other than when I am out of town.  Just seems like I always have too much on the agenda.

Hubby had gone fishing this weekend so my youngest daughter, Kylee and I decided that we would hit a few sales Sat. morning.

A lot of them started at 7 so I was ready to leave the house at 6:30.  Ky had gone to a concert the night before and was too tired.

It was too early to call my sis or any friends so I headed out on my own.

Two hours and $35 dollars later I came home with treasures.

I was elated when I found this sweet thermos to add to my collection!

DSC01476

This sewing box was filled with lots of goodies. The box will be getting painted.

DSC01467

Love these yummy shades of thread on wooden spools!

DSC01469

DSC01471

DSC01474

DSC01462

DSC01460

The woman that sold these watermelon dishes had mugs that matched but I passed them up.  I just have too many dishes.  Really should have passed these up also.

DSC01466

Cute basket, books, and a shaving brush.

DSC01465

DSC01475

I’m trying to decide what I want to do with this antique dresser.  The lady had already stripped most of the paint off.  I’m going to use it as a planter out on the deck.  Two other people tried to buy this dresser before I got it loaded in my Tahoe.

DSC01458

Great hardware on the top drawer.

DSC01463

You know how much I love old toys.  Just thought this little pinball game was cute. 

DSC01461

I always have to laugh when I bring home more junk treasures.  Especially since I just had a yard sale two weeks ago. lol!

Take em out so you can bring em in. . .that’s my motto!

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:

Revisionary Life for Thrifty Life Thursday

Melissa's Antiques is now hosting Thrifty Things Friday.  Hop over and link up your thrifty finds!

Knick of Time Tuesday

22 comments

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

You found some great treasures, Jann! I especially like the sewing goodies and that little dresser. Can't wait to see how you use it as a planter. Lots of great stuff for $35.00!

Jeanette

Lady of the Manor said...

Great finds!! I really like those sewing items, especially the Singer book. Can't wait to see what you do with the little dresser.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Oh look at all those wooden spools! I have a store display and always look for some to add to it. I told you on FB I love that thermos!

diane said...

You certainly hit the jackpot!
What wonderful finds. Woot-woot!
diane @ thoughts and shots

Rose L said...

Wow! that is early! The sales around here start at 9 or 10 am usually and some even not until 11 am! It looks and sounds like you enjoyed the hunt!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Nice finds! The yard sales start early around here also, and more often than not people are parked waiting for you to open for business.

Revi said...

It looks like you had a good day! (So did I!) Now, every time I see a thermos or plaid tin, I think of you. Thanks for sharing your treasures at Revisionary Life Thrifty Life Thursday, Jann. :)

Linda W. said...

Those watermelon dishes are very cute! I couldn't of passed them up either (and probably would've bought the mugs too!) :)

lynn cockrell said...

I haven't been to any yard sales in ages(except the one I had a while back). Hopefully, summer will bring a little extra time for me. You definitely got your money's worth with all the neat finds. The wooden spools are so rare nowadays. When I think of all the ones I discarded over the years it saddens me. I hope your week ahead will be a very good one!

Susie said...

Maybe farther than I would drive to junk...but hey that's a good haul for 35 dollars. My hubby is on a golf trip and I plan on doing some shopping.;):) xoxo,Susie

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Jann, you found some really sweet treasures! I have found lots of stuff that is coming home with me from my Mom's house...whoops aren't I in the middle of downsizing me and MOM!! LOL~love the watermelon dishes!

hugs,
Linda

cynthia lee designs said...

You found some great goodies. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the sewing box with the wood spools of thread!! I love to collect old sewing items for my sewing/craft room. What a great find the antique dresser is...it will look awesome at a planter on your deck.
hugs,
Cindy

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Jan, I did love that thermos!
And those soft colors of the thread. I wonder if they were for baby quilts? I did stop my Link Party; I would rather come to your parties anyway! We had a wonderful day today a family picnic in the mountains.
Miss you!
Miss Roxy

Michelle H said...

What a wonderful little haul! The thermos is gorgeous, and I love old sewing notions. I have enough old thread, but just can't seem to ever pass it up! It is fun to tuck a few spools in with crafty gifts, as well as displaying. At least that's the excuse I use, heehee. Hubby is just starting swing shift, I am so excited that he will be free in the first half of the day for yard sale season!

Creations By Cindy said...

What some sweet eye candy this morning! You really did score! I love it all. My kind of shopping. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Shirley Hatfield said...

You can always call me if you need a yard sale buddy! I hate going to them alone...though I can't guarantee we wouldn't fight over the same stuff...aka treasures...lol!

Shirley Hatfield said...

You can always call me if you need a yard sale buddy! I hate going to them alone...though I can't guarantee we wouldn't fight over the same stuff...aka treasures...lol!

Shirley Hatfield said...

PS...I saw some planters made with drawers lsst week on Pinterest...they added old newel posts for legs. =D

priscilla said...

Great stuff jann ! Can't wait to see the dresser ! Both my daughter and I are on the lookout for small dressers to use as planters :)

Melissa said...

Great finds Jann! I really love those old wood spools. Thanks for linking up to TTF! :)

Cynthia said...

Jann great finds and you do have to hit those sales early. That was always the problem with me, I had too many things to take care of in the morning. Great finds and can't wait to see what you do with that dresser. Maybe chalk paint and add some plants to t he drawers, love that look.

Cynthia

The Old Parsonage said...

You crack me up, bring em out so that you can bring em in. I saw a fortune from a fortune cookie today that said "It's only a bargain if you need it!" LOL

I usually need it!

Leann

Instagram