Hi-lite of My Day. . .

Last night I picked up my phone and hit my Instagram app.   Instantly a smile appeared on my face as these pictures of two of my grandsons popped up.

Many of you know that our youngest son, Dalan bought our previous home.

I love that their boys are enjoying the back yard that hubby and I created.

I remember the trip that we took down South to gather rocks for our pond and stream.

IMG_0859

Dalan did take the pond out and converted it into a stream that recirculates.  This way he doesn’t have to worry about one of those precious boys falling into the pond.  A lot less upkeep too.

Will, the youngest is intrigued by the pebbles filling the stream.  A bridge connects the deck to the backyard.

IMG_0858

While 4 year old Jack was having fun playing by the water house.  I built this little house years ago.  With the help of my friend, Dolly and sister, Julie of course.  Couldn’t have done it by myself!

2014-05-17 16.35.01

Did you notice the red building in the background?

IMG_0860

It was an old pioneer cabin we brought in and turned into a playhouse for our youngest daughter, Kylee.

Here are some pages from her scrapbook showing what it looked like.

IMG_7806_thumb[1]

IMG_7809_thumb[1]

IMG_7808_thumb[1]

IMG_7807_thumb[2]

Things have changed a lot over the years and now it has large trees on each side.

Lately Dalan and Samantha have been working on turning it into a clubhouse for boys.  I can’t wait to see what they do.

Dalan has grandeosous ideas of having a slide come out of the upper loft.

They have been working hard on making some improvements in the yard.  They took out a flower bed in a picket fence area that had become overrun with Golden Rod and made a sandbox area.  They also rebuilt the garden grow boxes that had rotted after so many years.  The home is now 25 years old and as we all know, the work in keeping a home looking good never ends!

At times I miss this home and the secluded back yard but I am so glad that my son and his wife and sons are now enjoying it.

Must admit, don’t miss raking bags full of leaves in the Fall.

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with:

Thoughts from Alice for Sundays at Home

30 comments

Stacey said...

Hi Jann. It's so neat that your son and his family live in your old home! I love seeing that backyard and the kids playing. So precious.

Gayle said...

So nice that you were able to keep your home in the family! How did your sale go on Saturday?

Susie said...

Jann, How wonderful that your family is living in a house that you and your husband put so much love into. some times I regret selling the house I raised my daughters in, wish I still lived there. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

ellen b. said...

That is great how the history continues at your house. Looks like a great place for little guys to enjoy...

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Beautiful, your grandsons sure like playing in that water. They are beautiful little boys and I know they give you a lot of pleasure.
Thanks for sharing.
Mary

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a great play ground for your grandsons, having their own club house and private water stream.
Enjoy your evening.

Suburban Girl said...

Those boys are such boys. Glad they are having so much fun in a familiar place.

Sarah said...

Jann, the stream is the perfect playground. What fun it must be to spend hours playing among the water and rocks. Of course these images are the hi-lite of your day. '-)

Linda W. said...

Your grandsons are precious! How wonderful to see them enjoying the lovely backyard you created.

chateau chic said...

Your little grandsons are so adorable!!! What a delight it must be that our family home is being enjoyed by your son and his family.
Mary Alice

chateau chic said...

Your little grandsons are so adorable!!! What a delight it must be that our family home is being enjoyed by your son and his family.
Mary Alice

Kim said...

I am very sentimental and I think that it is so sweet that your grandchildren are growing up in the same home as their dad! Love that backyard stream!

Pollyanna said...

You did an amazing job with the water feature in your old yard ... and how happy those adorable boys appear to be playing in it!! LOVE!!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Adorable!

priscilla said...

Adorable ! Love that your family lives in your old house !

Creations By Cindy said...

Jann the boys are adorable! They look as though they are having so much fun in the water. And yes, my eye immed. went to the Red Cabin...of course my first thought was "It is a barn and I am in love". Thanks for sharing this. Made me smile today! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Winnie said...

It's so wonderful that your grandchildren can grow up in the same house as their Dad.
They are very luck :)

Anonymous said...

what a neat place and how fun to see them reliving memories!

*I* would love a stream in my back yard!

Kris said...

What fun to see the boys in the stream! And the little house you built! And the playhouse! What a great place for a little girl to have. Fun walk down memory lane with you!!!
XO Kris

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

It would be a dream come true for me if one of my daughters bought my old farmhouse to live in! How special that you can go see it and it is all in the family. What a great post!

Stacey Johnson said...


Jann-
Looks like alot of fun...sweet little ones. Stacey

Shirley Hatfield said...

It's fun to see that you have always been a creative genius...someday I would like to take a look inside your head...lol! Between you and Paula (Pollyanna) I don't know who I admire more.

farmhouse-story said...

that water feature is a little boy's haven, jann! your little guys are so cute:)

Rose L said...

So great that more wonderful memories will be made there! The stream is so cute.

Bliss said...

I think it's fantastic that your son and family make your past home, their home. So much better than strangers taking over your memories, now your memories get to keep on being made and you don't have to rake!

Marie-Interior Frugalista said...

Jann that is so nice that the home you put your heart and soul into remains in the family for the second generation to enjoy. I can appreciate this because we purchased our home from my Uncle where he and my aunt raised my cousins. Your grandsons are adorable!
Marie @ The Interior Frugalista

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

The garden is lovely and it must be a lot of fun for the boys.

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

What precious photos! How special to know those little ones are enjoying that wonderful place you started. So sweet!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Oh they are just adorable in these shots! :)

The Old Parsonage said...

Love that the house stayed in the family and new memories mingle with the old!!

Leann

Instagram