Ravishing Roses. . .

I am anticipating the day that the little iron fenced garden at the corner of our backyard will be filled with rose blossoms.

This Winter my roses suffered a little.  I lost three of them and those that survived are still very small.  So until I have these. . .

2012-05-19 waterfall and roses_thumb[2]

I will be satisfied with these. . .strips of fabric adorned with roses sewn together.

DSC00730

I finished it a couple months ago and it’s at the quilters waiting it’s turn to be made into a beautiful quilt.

DSC00733

Roses, checks, dots, and stripes.  What’s not to love?  Not to mention the pretty colors!

It’s a very simple pattern topped off with wonderful red ric-rac.

DSC00730

I’ve had the fabric for a few years and I love it as much today as I did when I bought it.

DSC00732

DSC00731

And in case you missed my post when I shared these.

DSC01136

I might be dining on roses as well.  And no (thank goodness), we no longer have snow.

DSC01135

I hope everything is nice and rosy for you!

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:

Judy's Handmade Creations for Monday Handmade

Lavenders Garden Cottage for Cottage Party

Green Willow Pond for What We Accomplished Wednesday

21 comments

ellen b. said...

Lovely fabric! Glad the snow is no more for you!

Cranberry Morning said...

I love those fabrics together. It looks so 1950's. Very pretty!

Creations By Cindy said...

Jann, your roses are precious and I do love your fabric!
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Tea in the Library said...

Love the roses and the rose TV trays!

Winnie said...

I love roses, my Mom used to pamper them in our garden...
Yours look so pretty :)
And the fabric is lovely!!

lorraines resources and rewards said...

the roses are so lovely thanks for sharing visiting from homemade monday have a great day

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

A line getting ready for quilting? That just kills me. I really wish I had learned to do that, but I didn't. I love quilts though!

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Jann,
I love the fabrics you put together. Very colorful and pretty. Love the red rick rack too. Love the vintage TV trays too. Brings back some memories for me.
Have a great week and an awesome Mom's day next week end.
Kris

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Your "indoor" roses are beautiful! I am hoping my gorgeous rose bush comes back this year. It is looking pretty bad now after this awful winter!

Donna Wilkes said...

Any day now my pink climbing rose will burst into bloom. Love the fabrics you used in the quilt top especially that touch of rick rack. I dearly love rick rack.

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

Love that pretty mix of fabrics, Jann! We've finally hit some mid-70's days here :)

Maureen Wyatt said...

Funny you write about roses when I spent all of today working on mine. They all seem to have survived with little spots of green showing. I think they will need a bit of extra coaxing after that hard winter.

Lulu said...

I've been away for a few days, and the first thing I noticed upon returning was the profusion of roses blooming in the back yard. That is happiness!

farmhouse-story said...

your quilt is so bright and cheerful, jann! all of my roses are coming up from the base-starting over. and my tv trays never looked as pretty as yours:)

Aimee at Refresh-Renew... said...

love it! and the red ric-rac!roses are the best!-aimee

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

The quilt has everything I love: flowers, polka dots and stripes! I also love your rose tray!

Nancy's Notes said...

I love your quilt, the fabrics you've chosen are just beautiful and oh so, charming! Your roses are just gorgeous too, I'm a nut about roses!
Have a great day~
Nancy

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

I love roses and yours look soooo gorgeous! Loving the pretty fabrics, they have a vintage look to them. And those rose tole trays are just so beautiful! Loving the roses! Happy Mother's Day to you!~hugs, Poppy

Judy said...

This is so gorgeous! Thank you for sharing @ Monday Handmade Linkup Party. :)

Cynthia said...

Jann, it is such a shame you lost roses. I hope the ones t hat remain hold their own. Love that fabric.

Cynthia

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

Sorry about losing your roses. This was a hard winter for all plants. My plants are just starting to come out of the ground so I'm not sure yet what I've lost.

Your quilt is beautiful! I love the fabrics! Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!

Blessings,
Deborah

Instagram