Garden Goodies. . .

It’s cold and overcast today but I wasn’t going to let that stop me from sharing my two new garden goodies.

DSC01213

I totally love how this first project turned out!  I have been wanting a bird cage stand for quite some time.  When ever I run across them they want $150-$200.  That’s more than this girl is willing to pay.

A while ago I was wandering through an eclectic shop called, The Planted Earth.  Far in the corner of their back room I spied this crystal base for a floor lamp.

DSC01212

Some of the crystals were broken but that didn’t stop me from falling in love. . .and just look at that turquoise base!

 DSC01211

Well, long story short hubby removed the wiring and using e6000 I glued the base to one of my vintage birdcages onto the top.

DSC01210

This birdcage was perfect because the entire top removes making it easy to add a potted plant. 

DSC01214

DSC01215

Sweet, sweet, sweet!

DSC01216

Now I think we need a bit of garden blooms before showing the next new garden goodie.

DSC01217

Bleeding Heart. . .one of my Spring favorites!

DSC01218

I just bought this Rhododendron.  Hoping it does well!  Both them and Azaleas kind of struggle here.

DSC01234

Lovely Silver Dollar plant.

DSC01227

My shade loving Lenten Rose have been blooming for a few months.

DSC01225

DSC01233

Every garden needs a little blue. . .Mtn. Bluet and Brunnera

DSC01226

Now for our second project. . .I have had this large mailbox for a couple years.  I had thought about putting it on a pole but had never gotten around to it.  Hubby did it for me the other night.

DSC01230

We placed it at the edge of our vegetable garden.  Handy dandy little place to store my garden hand tools.  You can see my leaf lettuce coming up along the wall.  And yes, that plant to the right is one of my rose bushes.  I had to cut them back really alot.

DSC01229

Lots of space to add some fun new tools!

DSC01231

My Butter Crunch lettuce is looking so pretty.  Won’t be long before I’ll have garden salad!  Yahoo!!!!

DSC01232

Last of all, my Tina Crabapple just started blooming and it is so pretty!

DSC01219

DSC01220

Hope you find time to get out into the garden and enjoy your ‘garden goodies’!

Thought I would share the link to my ‘garden goodies’ Pinterest page if you’d like to see more fun ideas for your garden.  http://www.pinterest.com/jmolson53/garden-goodies/

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with these fun parties:

Fishtail Cottage for Garden Party

A Revisionary Life for Thrifty Life Thursday

A Delightsome Life  for Home and Garden Party

Common Ground for Be Inspired

French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays

Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday

How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday

Cedar Hill Farm House for the Scoop

Knick of Time Tuesday

Savvy Southern Style for Wow

Lavender Garden Cottage for Cottage Style Party

40 comments

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Love the bird cage and the lamp base is perfect. The mail box is a great idea - I am ALWAYS looking for my tools and can never find them.
All of your flowers are lovely.
Mary

Unknown said...

Gahhh! I love, love, love your birdcage and stand! I love garden art...:) Your entire looks so lovely....can't wait to see more!

Cindy The Victorian Journey said...

Oh My Jann that bird cage is to die for. The stand makes it even more so beautiful and unique. I wanted to get out and garden after looking at all your spring flowers and plants. Love it... Hugs, Cindy

Stacey said...

Oh Jann, everything is so pretty! You have so many things blooming. I love your mailbox for tools. That's so cute and clever!

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Jann,
I love seeing your beautiful blooms. Ok that old lamp stand is awesome. I mean really awesome and with the bird cage on top WOW!!! I love it. It is so pretty in your garden. Jann I think this is one of my fave things you have done so far. So gorgeous and unique. Have a great Mom's Day on Sunday.
Kris

Susie said...

Jann, Every thing is looking so pretty in your yard. I love that birdcage stand. Plus the mailbox too. xoxo, Susie

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I think the lamp base and birdcage were made for each other! Love it!

Kim said...

I just love your birdcage creation...and the red cushions peeking out from behind. You have a lovely blog, so glad I stumbled upon it! :)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Your garden is full of beautiful and healthy plants - thanks for sharing them. Love the birdcage and stand!!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh, Jann- your garden looks so awesome! I too have trouble with azalea - not sure why, had 2 die so I'm over trying.

We had so much "death from winter" here, still assessing it - all my roses, two large trees, and not sure how many bushes. Ugh.

Love that bird cage creation - looks SO NEAT! You are so danged clever.

Big hugs.

cynthia lee designs said...

The birdcage was the perfect thing to put on the stand...what a beautiful piece it is!! Love, love, love it!!
hugs,
Cindy

Art and Sand said...

Love, love, love, your birdcage baseL

Kris said...

Beautiful bird cage! Love it! I have an old mailbox in my garden too!
XO Kris

Micupoftea said...

Whimsical and fun- love the mailbox! :)

Unknown said...

I'm in love with the birdcage stand for flowers. I already have a lamp base...might just be on the hunt for a round birdcage.
Hugs, Lynnie

Pamela Gordon said...

That's a wonderful idea for your bird cage and the old light stand! It looks quite pretty with the plant inside it. I wonder if you'll get a bird nesting in your mailbox. You never know. ;) Have a great weekend and enjoy your gardening.

Melissa said...

Love the mailbox - such a clever idea to hide some garden tools!

Kmcblackburn said...

LOVE this! So creative, so fun!

Di said...

Love this bird cage and the mailbox is so cute!

Sheila said...

Jann, your garden is so beautiful !!! Love everything !!! I'd like to have raised beds like you have with the rocks but I don't know how to do it. I need some varying height in the yard. Ours is long and narrow and needs help. How did you accomplish such a feat ? I want my yard to look inviting, beautiful, cozy and restful like yours is.

Sheila

Passionate for White said...

Ohhhh...I'm going to be on the hunt for an old mailbox to put into my garden :)

Cynthia said...

Jann, I am in SO in love with this project. I am with you on the birdcage thing. The prices can be ridiculous. This just gorgeous. PINNED!!!

Cynthia

Rose L said...

That is such a cool project! Love it! Makes me think about an oak coat rack I have where the top got broken...maybe re-purpose like you did!!!

Beverly said...

I am so loving your latest project, too. It is perfect. I know just what you mean on the prices of birdcages with stands. I looked for years.

Happy Pink Saturday, Jann. I am so glad you joined us this weekend. Thank you for making Pink Saturdays special.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Love your creative garden projects! The lamp base is perfect for the birdcage and I would never have thought to use the mailbox to store tools! Our gardens are just starting here in the Northeast.....in the overwhelmed by the mess stage right now!

Donna Wilkes said...

My favorites are the yellow mailbox and the blue plants. I love blue blooms. I wonder if I could grow lettuce in the heat?

Michelle H said...

Oh, wow! I love your lamp stand/birdcage!!! Amazingly beautiful! I am following your blog now, there's a lot of wonderful things to see here! Thank you for coming by mine!

bj said...

That birdcage and stand is just adorable...Love it.

Audrey said...

Love that birdcage stand. I think I have just the perfect parts to make one. Your garden is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

That bird cage is so pretty!

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Tea in the Library said...

Thank you for the update of your garden! Love your project!

Fishtail Cottage said...

oh my gosh...that bird cage is just awesome! love love love it! Thank you for joining in the garden party over here at Fishtail Cottage! Can't wait to see you again this Thursday! xoxo, tracie

Nancy said...

Lovely garden, Jann. The bird cage planter is fabulous. Love it! ~ Nancy

Unknown said...

Love this repurpose, awesome! Pinning. Wonderful garden shots too!

Kathy said...

This is gorgeous and clever - love it! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Kathy said...

This is gorgeous and clever - love it! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Revi said...

I'm in love with your bird cage stand! I'm featuring it at Revisionary Life tonight, Jann. Thanks for sharing. Your garden is looking great!
-Revi

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Wow, great new additions to the garden Jann. I hope spring blooms plentiful for you.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

foreverdecorating said...

Cleaver girl, that birdcage stand looks really great. I planted an old birdcage last year with succlents and it looks great. I used a coco liner and just put the soil right in without a pot.

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

That is such a great idea, and looks wonderful with flowers in it! Thanks for sharing at Knick of Time Tuesday - Giving you a shout-out on my FB page here - https://www.facebook.com/KnickofTime

Instagram