This Week in the Garden. . .

May is always a particularlly beautiful month in the garden.  So many of my perennials are full of buds just waiting to burst forth.

In the next couple of weeks the garden will truly come alive with Lilacs, Iris, Peonies, Poppies, Canterbury Bells, Daisies, Larkspur, Delphiniums, Hollyhocks, and more.  The anticipation is about all I can stand. lol!

Last week I shared some of my bloomers.  A lot of them are still putting on a show, but I thought I would share what is new this week.

                     (white Anemone)

DSC01289

DSC01290

                                                                    (Nepetia)

DSC01293

                                                         (chives)

DSC01294

                                                        (ice plant)

DSC01295

                (Sea Thrift)

DSC01286

                                             (Bridal Wreath Bush)

DSC01291

                                                            (Jupiters Beard)

I was going to delete this photo because it was blurry.  But then my granddaughter said she thought it was kind of ‘cool’‘

DSC01292

The steppables in my side seating area are bursting with tiny blossoms.

DSC01288

I’ve been planting a lot of my planters.

DSC01298

DSC01297

DSC01296

Hubby gave me a rose tree for Mothers Day.  I planted it in a thrift find industrial pot.  It’s loaded with little buds.

DSC01299

My Spring trailing plants have lasted for weeks.  They are loving all of the rain we have had lately!

DSC01301

And look at this cute wicker teapot filled with succulents I bought when I was in St. George.

DSC01300

Doesn’t it just make you happy to stroll thru the garden?  I do it every morning.  It’s my daily cup! 

hugs,

Jann

p.s.  I would love to thank Revi for featuring my Lamp Base Birdcage at Thrifty Life Thursday

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:

Fishtail Cottage for Garden Party

Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays

23 comments

Art and Sand said...

I am so envious. We are still in a drought and now we are in 90 degree weather - not common for us. My garden is not looking how I would like it.

Your flowers are gorgeous.

A wondering star said...

Gorgeous perennials lovely colors!

Eva Jorunn
Norway

Kris said...

YES!!! It does! I do it every chance I get!!
Such prettines sin yours!!
xo Kris

farmhouse-story said...

so pretty, jann! catmint is the only thing i have blooming so far--cold here, again. happy weekend!

Rita C at Panoply said...

ALL so wonderful, Jann. Yes, my garden makes me happy too!

Shirley Hatfield said...

I really enjoy your "garden tours." You really have a knack for decorating inside and out! I haven't been online too much lately, but I wanted to stop by and say "Hello!"

Creations By Cindy said...

You garden makes me happy and brings smile to me this morning. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Fishtail Cottage said...

thank you for linking up to Fishtail Cottage's Garden party this week! love those steppables! So cute - do you ever step on a bee though? xoox, tracie

Susie said...

Jann, Everything is looking so good in your area. I love the stepables. xoxo,Susie

cynthia lee designs said...

Jann...you flower gardens are so pretty!! I hope to work on mine when we get back from a trip we are taking.
hugs,
Cindy

ellen b. said...

What a fun idea for an industrial pot! Love all your flowers!

Linda W. said...

You have a most lovely garden!

Rose L said...

Isn't it nice to have blossoms and color in the gardens now! I love those anemone--so delicate and pure!

Unknown said...

Hi Jann. I haven't visited in a while, but glad I did!! As always, your garden looks gorgeous.

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Jann,
So pretty all the lovely blooms and colors. I had most of my garden planted and then snow this morning. What this is the middle of May!!!!! So the flowers all had to come inside until it warms back up tomorrow. Too crazy. You are so lucky to have the nice weather.
Looks gorgeous.
Kris

priscilla said...

So pretty Jann !

Ivy and Elephants said...

Love all your unique containers and gorgeous plants.
Summer is here!
Hugs,
Patti

Audrey said...

I would love to walk your garden ... it is just so beautiful.
Hugs,
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Leovi said...

Beautiful compositions in the garden, beautiful colors in those flowers!

Lady of the Manor said...

Your garden is so pretty, Jann!! Thanks for sharing!

Babs said...

I really enjoyed your garden and containers. Love your selections. I LOVE to see unusual...to me plants. I'm always looking for something new for my garden. What a great idea to use a stock pot for a container and I LOVE LOVE the wicker cup and saucer with the succulents.I may have to copy your idea.:)
I think Michael's had some wicker coffee cups.

Erlene said...

Wow you have such a beautiful garden. We live in a desert area and I miss having lush plants like that.

Unknown said...

LOVE IT ALL! I want steppables!!

Instagram