Pueblo (village) Doors of the Camino. . .

Hello my friends, it seems like I have been away for so very long. 

 What a fantastic time we had in Spain and Portugal, but I am so happy to be home!

It was wonderful spending time with our daughter, Kylee and her husband, Dustin.  However, seventeen days away from my home and garden is a bit long for this gal.

I missed my family, and friends also.  Can’t wait to start visiting and see what everyone has been up to.

Today I want to share with you the wonderful doors on the village farmhouses throughout the Camino de Santiago. 
 I have such a love for old doors.  Each one  is uniquely charming.  I would have loved to have brought one home with me.

If you’re not familiar with the Camino let me give you a bit of history.

For a thousand years, pilgrims from all over the world have followed the footsteps of Saint James along an 800 km trail from San Jean Pied de Port France to Santiago de Compostela Spain, where his remains are believed to be buried.

This was taken from my daughters blog. http://www.ropesouls.blogspot.com/  Hop over to read her post.

There is a movie about this trek called, ‘The Way’.

We walked 110 km of the Camino (almost 70 miles) in 5 1/2 days.  At times it was a bit hard, but I enjoyed it so much.

My favorite was when we were walking among the humble farmhouses along the way. 

 I can only fantasize about what is going on behind these doors.

DSCN0615

DSCN0657

DSCN0647

DSCN0579

DSCN0510

DSCN0651 (2)

DSCN0616

You know I love this one with my lucky number 7.

DSC_1590

I love this pic of Kylee and Dustin resting by this old door.

DSC_1640

DSC_1589 (2)

DSCN0489 (2)

DSCN0509

DSC_1516

DSC_1687

Each door is so uniquely precious.  I think I am going to print a few and frame them.  I’ll leave you with one of my favorites.

DSCN0598

I loved each and every one of these doors.  After 17 days away the best door I saw was the one when we pulled in to our own drive.  There’s no place like home!

Hugs,

Jann

p.s.  Hope to see you later today at my link party, Share Your Cup.  It opens at 4 p.m. MST.

17 comments

Art and Sand said...

WONDERFUL!

I love old doors and you sure seemed to find a great variety. Portugal and Spain are high on my list.

Glad to have you back.

Bernideen said...

How unique - so many different ones! Thanks for sharing these!

Winnie said...

Welcome back Jann :)
Glad to hear you had a wonderful time.
I never thought I'd love old doors, but these are really super unique and beautiful.
Thank you for sharing these photos

Stacey said...

Beautiful! I love the old weathered colors.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

OH- first let me say welcome home, sweet and dear friend!

You were sorely missed!

Second - oh my golly I looooved the movie The Way - in fact the first time I saw it I took the Movie Group portion of my civic women's club - I am the group leader of movie group- and we loved it! I loved it so much I went back that same night with hubby who really loved it too!

Then my daughter wanted to go a few days later - so yes, I paid full price three times in a week to see it and to be honest I need to own it. It touched me deeply and spiritually and I can't believe you walked 70 miles of that trail, how awesome! (I can hardly walk to the mailbox so I have to live vicariously by your efforts on that one!)

Last but not least - the pics of your doors are extraordinary. I would make those for cards at A Haven for Vee's card party for sure.

Glad you are thinking of framing them - good Feng Shui.

XXOO

Linda W. said...

Welcome back! Love your door photos.

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Beautiful photos! I love old doors.

Red Rose Alley said...

The old doors are so charming, Jann. I have a thing for old doors too. I'm glad you had a nice time in Portugal and Spain. Jess went to Spain a few years ago and had the most wonderful time. It was very hot though when she visited.

Love,
~Sheri

Fran said...

Lovely photos! I enjoyed looking at each and every one of them. Welcome home! :) --Fran

Nell at njschout said...

What a wonderful collection of old doors!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

This a fascinating. Love that they are all so unique :-)

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

What a beautiful journey.

I had heard of it. Now, I wonder where?

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I can't imagine walking that journey - Wow! I am sure there are many stories that could have been told about life behind those doors. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip and seeing more pictures. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!
Enjoy your evening.

Farm Road Quilts said...

Oh my gosh, I saw that movie! I loved it. Would so like to do that walk someday, good for you!

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

Oh my goodness, thank you for sharing these gorgeous doors with us, Jann. How wonderful that you got to experience such beauty!

Jeanette

Sumaya at Evocative Vintage said...

Oh so wow! I love those age old doors in their natural environment. They become one with nature.....so beautiful. There is nothing to beat what the Art of time & Mother Nature can create together!

thanks for sharing Jann:)

juve aríns said...

Soy una seguidora de tu blog y soy de Santiago de Compostela, me llamó la atención el reportaje peculiar del Camino de Santiago.

Instagram