Romancing the Red, White, & Blue. . .

For the past few months I have been eyeing a white linen ruffled tablecloth at a local shop at Thanksgiving Point.

IMG_1194

I wanted it so badly, but was not willing to pay the high price.  I know that linen fabric is pricey, but I just couldn’t do it.

Last Friday was my lucky day.  A couple of my friends and I rode over there just for fun.  Really not planning on buying anything.  They were having a great sale and I snagged the only one they had left.

IMG_1205

I couldn’t wait to play with it.  I had an Americana topper on my table but I decided that I wanted to Romanticize the Red, White, & Blue.  Off came the topper, on went the ruffled tablecloth.

I wrapped a bit of vintage lace around my large chippy white urn.

Pulled out a faux berry topped cake and filled my blue fiesta ware pitcher (a thrift find from my friend, Amanda) with white roses from the garden.

IMG_1202

The edges of the roses have turned a bit brown.  Not sure what has caused that, but I decided that it just gave them rustic charm.

IMG_1209

I love houndstooth and the color red.  How could I resist this ribbon found at the same place as the tablecloth?

IMG_1203

I love the soft sheer sweetness!

IMG_1213

What could be more romantic than a luscious blue Hydrangea planted in the chippy urn?  Then I added a beautiful flag, the symbol of our country.

IMG_1201

IMG_1210

The cute little patriotic cupcake plates were a 50 cent find.  Each one is a little different.

IMG_1198

Just today my friend, Joyce gave me the cherry garland.  I pulled away the chairs so you could get a better look.  Wouldn’t want you to miss this lovely ruffled beauty. Hee-hee!

IMG_1207

IMG_1208

IMG_1212

Happy red, white and blue!

hugs,

Jann

psst, don’t tell, but that’s not all I bought.

I will be sharing at these fun parties:

Lavender Garden Cottage for Cottage Style Party

A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday

Rose Chintz Cottage for Home

Common Ground for Be Inspired

Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Bernideens for Open House

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday

 

26 comments

Art and Sand said...

OMG! Those patriotic cupcake plates are too cute.

Connie said...

That table cloth is gorgeous. I'm so glad that you got it before they were gone :)
Have a wonderful day,
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE that new linen tablecloth, Jann- it's gorgeous.

You are going to have such fun with it!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Sorry I have been absent lately. Working, road trip and then working again. I love red white nd blue together. Great tablecloth for the patroitic display!

priscilla said...

Love your new tablecloth and how you have set your table up ! My favorite blue hydrangeas :)

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Very pretty! I love the cherry garland against the white linen :-)

Dana Bishop said...

May I give you two "Facebook" likes, that is to say, thumbs up? I love, love, love hydrangeas. Mine are just coming on but not nearly as deep blue as yours. They are stunning on the white tablecloth. It's a good thing you took the plunge and bought it. Can you imagine the time it would have taken to make it? You have to finish the 4 quilts :)

mimi_62 said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT ALL. You lucked out.

Sweet Magnolias Farm said...

I Love Red, White and Blue ! ... The colors are just so happy !

Your new table cover is just lovely and I agree the sheer, light weight appeal of it is just delightful ..

Happy 4th .
Sara

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

That table cloth is so romantic.

Unknown said...

I LOVE those sweet little cupcake plates!! Totally a sweet table top!
Happy 4th!

~Liz

Unknown said...

Love the tablecloth and those cupcake plates....darling!!~~Angela

Nell at njschout said...

What a great feeling, to wait for a sale. Looks like you had great fun.

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Beautiful table cloth! So sweet and romantic :) ~Pernilla

Sarah said...

Happy red, white, and blue to you! I need to get busy and pull some out here. '-)

Fran. said...

Jann you are so cute!! And that tablecloth rocks!! and the little cupcake plates are just adorable!! Great job!! Can't wait to see what else you bought you little stinker you!! I have decided that I want to go Farmhouse glam in my house and I am slowly doing it!! I think that is what I would call your style too!! XOXO Love ya Fran.

Babs said...

It looks like you're ready with the red white and blue. Cute cupcake plates! I need to get busy and think of something to decorate with for the 4th besides my flag. Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend.

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Love that you are romancing the red, white and blue! Beautiful!
Liz

Tea in the Library said...

Love the tablecloth and the table scape! We are in disarray here - so much going on - I am loving all the yummy decorations even more than usual because I have no time for my own at the mo. Glad to have a few minutes to catch up on your posts. Always a pleasure!

Cynthia said...

Jann,

I love what your have done and that tablecloth does make for a romantic 4th of July table. Loving both of those urns!

Cynthia

Linda @ A La Carte said...

This table cloth is gorgeous!! I can see how you would love it and on sale...Yay!
This little r,w&b plates are too cute.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I LOVE your new ruffled tablecloth, Jann. I guess good things come to those who wait, rings true for you!! Your table looks so pretty all decked out. Happy 4th!

Bernideen said...

Jan:
This looks very festive and fun!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Your cupcake plates are soo adorable! Great fun and pretty urns, I love them. Have a happy Fourth, up ahead.
FABBY

The Charm of Home said...

Oh, I love that tablecloth!! Great find. Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Kathy said...

Wow Jann! That's an exquisite tablecloth - so very delighted you were able to get it! I love the romantic red, white and blue setting your created. I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Instagram