Countin Sheep!

Ever since I started  decorating my basement with the farmhouse style I’ve been dreaming of sheep.

At times. . .even counting them in my sleep.

I had purchased a rustic cabinet that I thought would be the perfect place for the sheep to reside.  Sort of their place to lay to pasture.

Over Memorial Day weekend my friend, Joyce and I headed to Spring City, Utah to order a sheep painting from a local artist, Joan Durfey.

Sweet Joan hand delivered our sheep today.

IMG_1189

I didn’t think that the larger canvas would work, but it did.  Definitely need to spray the black easel so it doesn’t stand out.  Or do you think I should hang it on the wall?  I really want a primitive sheep to go by it.  I have been looking for a few months, but so far haven’t found one.

IMG_1180

I love the rustic charm of this cabinet and it’s the perfect place to store some of my quilts.

IMG_1181

A couple of thrifted bottles in a wooden box that I picked up at a yard sale for $2.  The color matches the sheep so well.

IMG_1188

I love the bits of turquoise showing through!

IMG_1192

IMG_1193

Loving my new sheep so BAAAdly!  lol!  And the cupboard, well it’s everything I knew it would be!

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with these fun parties:

Cozy Little House for Tweak it Tuesday

The Scoop

A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday

Knick of Time Tuesday

Kathe with an e for You're Gonna Love it Tuesday

Our Home Away From Home for Tuesdays at our Home

Sunny in Tucson for the Post Office link party

29 comments

Kris said...

LOVE the painting! So perfect!! What a treasure! Can't wait to see the rest of the room!!!!!
xo Kris

Stacey said...

The painting is wonderful and so are the quilts. :)

NanaDiana said...

I love the painting. I used to have quite a collection of sheep items. Wish I had them back but gave most of them to a friend when we moved. I think it looks great up there and I like it on the easel but I think it would really catch the eye if it hung, too. xo Diana

Unknown said...

I love the sheep picture! I hold a special place in my heart for sheep..my grandfather raised them. Love the cabinet too! I think it's great just the way it is!

Deb said...

What a fantastic painting. I can never resist anything with sheep.

Patti said...

Love the sheep painting! And the cupboard-and the quilts,too! Everything is perfect!

Pamela Gordon said...

Your new sheep painting is beautiful! I love sheep too and used to have a few here and there around the house but not now. Your cabinet is really great too! I love the quilts on display in it. Blessings, Pamela

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Love the cabinet it looks similar to one I have my back porch. Beautiful way to display quilts. I think the sheep look very much at home on the top!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love the painting and the cupboard with the quilts.
hugs,
Cindy

Maureen Wyatt said...

Oh, this room just keeps getting better and better! The painting is wonderful and the cabinet perfect for the room.

Winnie said...

I like the painting and I LOVE the quilt :)

priscilla said...

Love the painting and the cabinet , and I am sure I am going to love your whole basement!!

Unknown said...

Love the painting and the cabinet is awesome!!~~Angela

The Farmers Daughter said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!
Hugs,
Dru

Did I tell you I loved it????

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Jann, the basement is really starting to shape up. You have a back for decorating.
Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

Teresa@magazineyourhome said...

Perfect quilt display cabinet and perfect sheep picture. May I ask how I can contact the artist to purchase one from her? thanks!

Jonell w Harrison said...

Wonderful primitive piece..one of those things that make me ooooooo and ahhhhhhh!

Jonell

Jonell w Harrison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love the sheep painting and the cabinet is perfect.

Junkchiccottage said...

Jan,
The picture is adorable. I love that chippy cabinet too. I can't wait to see the room too.
Kris

Gayle said...

Love those sheep Jann. Being a rug hooker who works with wool, I have a rather large collection of sheep and it's so fun to find a new one every once in awhile! Your cupboard looks awesome with those quilts folded in it. I was down your way a couple weeks ago for Fleattitude - fun sale!

Susie said...

Jann, That is a great painting. I love your collection of quilts. I mentioned you in my post today.xoxo,Susie

sweetvintageofmine said...

Evening Jann, So nice to meet you! Your cupboard is beautiful! I think sheep are adorable....I just love their faces! Looks as if your basement is coming together very nicely.....thank you for your sweet comments...I am your newest follower too! Blessings~~~Roxie

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

That quilt cabinet is great.
Denise

Rose L said...

I would love to have the sheep peeking in through a window. So cute!
Love those quilts.

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

you are a very talented quilter / nice to have a display like this for your treasures.

Baaadly...lol! Loved that!

Cynthia said...

So loving this chippy cabinet and that picture. Can't wait to the room finished.

Cynthia

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Soo pretty! Love the chippy paint and love those old quilts! Lovely!! :) Have a great day! xx Holly

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love your sheep painting, it is fabulous. What a perfect painting. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Instagram