Simple Farmhouse Mantle

The painters are coming today to do the final touchups in the basement.

Knowing that the family room mantel was o.k. This morning I decided to give it a simple farmhouse style.  My fireplace turned out exactly as I had imagined it.  Love the brick and the carpenter hand made the mantle for me.  I think he did a fantastic job.

I’m sure they think this lady is crazy because she can’t even wait until everything is finished before she starts decorating.  Have to admit, they have a point. lol!

IMG_1155

I just started pulling things from upstairs that I thought might work.  Isn’t it great when you can shop from home?  My large rooster was one I bought years ago.  It comes out to crow every now and then.  I’m sure he’s tickled as punch to get to stay out for a while.

IMG_1153

When I think of farmhouse I think of baskets and scales.  The toile rooster coffee pot was a thrift find and I bought the hobnail lamp at a yard sale.  The sweet doily was one of the gifts from my blog friend, Rose.

IMG_1149

I borrowed the old spools from my sewing room.  The light fixture turned candleholder was a purchase a while back from Tracy @ Fishtail Cottage.

IMG_1148

I love it’s simple rustic charm.

IMG_1150

A little mustard colored bench elevates a couple of old clocks and a farmhouse scoop sits on the hearth.  I’m sure things will get tweaked as I run across more treasures.  But for now, this will do.

IMG_1156

Lovin my farmhouse style!

hugs,

Jann

p.s.  If you haven’t joined me for Share Your Cup, I’d love to have you link up!

I will be joining these fun parties:

A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday

Rose Chintz Cottage for Home

Common Ground for Be Inspired

French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays

Country Whites Weekend

Bernideens Tea Time Blog for Open House

29 comments

Bernideen said...

Looks so downhome lovely!!! Can we sit there and have tea though??

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Your mantle looks wonderful. I want one of those scales, Jann!

diane said...

It looks wonderful!!!!
We have been in this house for 25+ years and our fireplace never had a mantle. My husband would pooh-pooh the idea when I would mention it. Finally, two years ago we re-did the family room and I got my mantle and I love it. BTW, he does too! He actually said "Why didn't we do this sooner!" LOL

Leslie said...

Very pretty jan.

Mecky said...

You have done a wonderful job putting it together. I love it!

Nell at njschout said...

It is so much fun to decorate, isn't it?

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I would be doing the same thing....and you did a fantastic job!

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Glad to see you back from vacation! Your mantle looks beautiful...hugs, Penny

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

So lovely.

Peg said...

I truly love it. Glad you are home safe.

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Looks great! I wouldn't be able to wait either! How fun to have a basement!
Karen

Donna Wilkes said...

You must be overjoyed to have this space to decorate. Love the elements you chose for the first of many vignettes for the new mantel.

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Jann, It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation. The photos of the doors were so rustic. I think framing one would be grand. Your mantel looks cozy and so colonial style. Hey I just wanted to mention that I would love to link up to your cup of tea linkup, but I find that if I just added your address to my linkup page, is the way I like to do it. I hope one day to make a book of my post. If you ever change the rules so I am not breaking any. I would love to join! :)
I do have your Blog on my Blog Roll!
Blessings Always, Roxy

Cranberry Morning said...

I like that! And I love the chicken. I have one similar that sits on my old cookstove. :-)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Love the mantel and the rooster. The scales are cute too. I just love a mantel because you can have so much fun with it. Thanks for sharing yours at my HOME. Happy Summer, Jann!

cynthia lee designs said...

I'm loving your farmhouse style too...your mantel and hearth looks great!!
hugs,
Cindy

Unknown said...

I so love a mantel, they are so much fun to decorate.
I love your farm look, the rooster is great as is the scale.
Visiting from Common Ground.
Thanks for sharing today.

Karen said...

Hi Jann,
Thank you so much for hosting. Did I link you up correctly? I am so sorry if I haven't. Please forgive me.
Thanks so much for trying to help me.
Take care,
Karen

Micupoftea said...

Looks good, Jann- love the actual mantle and the scale...have one very similar. HAPPY first day of summer :)
S

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

It looks awesome! :)

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love farmhouse style! Unfortunately I live in a Victorian house! My dining room is farmhouse though because I can't bear to get rid of my things from my farmhouse. This post reminded me that I have a fabulous wooden rooster from years ago. Gotta get him out! Visiting you from Be Inspired!

Jeannie Marie said...

This would make a good Rednesday post with that lovely red brick!! (Rednesday moved btw!) I saw your link on the old Rednesday and had to come over and see what was new!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love your white mantel. Just like you I can't help but decorate even while still going under renovation.

The Farmers Daughter said...

I'm loving your farmhouse style, too! Thanks again for sharing at Country Whites Weekend!
Blessings from the Farmhouse,
Dru

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Looks great Jann! I like your new mantel and your new decorations for it! LOL...about decorating before they are even done! I know that feeling!

Old Time Cindy said...

Hey Jann,
Thanks for embracing your country whites and sharing your fabulous farmhouse mantle at Country Whites Weekend.
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Cynthia said...

Jann, I'm sorry I have been MIA, via blog, but the mantel looks great and I love that rooster and the scale with the cup. Glad your basement is still coming along.

Cynthia

The Charm of Home said...

Great look Jann! Your scale is awesome! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Cindy said...

Your mantel looks marvellous! I love the farmhouse look, such simplicity is truly beautiful.

Instagram