The House That Joyce & Blaine Built. . .Home Tour

Joyce and I have been friends since 6th grade. She’s one of those friends that will be there for you no matter what.  She has been blessed with a natural talent for decorating.

Joyce and Blaine did not actually build their home, but they made it into the beauty that it is.

She’s the means behind the magic and Blaine was the Brawn that did the work.  Between the two of them they turned what otherwise might have been a regular rambler into a ‘piece of heaven’.

Blaine passed away a little over a year ago.  This post is dedicated to him.

Even at first glance you get a feel of her creative genius.  I mean, how many people do you know that have a chair hanging on their house?

IMG_0945

IMG_0942

Let’s step inside.  Lots of pics, but somehow I don’t think you’ll mind.

Entry & Living Room:

IMG_0934

IMG_0928

IMG_0929

IMG_0927

IMG_0933

IMG_0932

Kitchen:

IMG_0889

IMG_0890

IMG_0892

IMG_0894

Cabinets are white on top and red on the bottom.

IMG_0893

Dining Room:  (after her children were grown, they knocked out the wall between two bedrooms and created this amazing space).

IMG_0898

IMG_0903

IMG_0904

IMG_0897

IMG_0902

IMG_0895

Bath:

IMG_0910

Bedroom:

IMG_0913

IMG_0917

Three years ago Joyce was diagnosed with breast cancer.  She was so strong through it all and is a survivor.  We, her friends made the pink quilt and pillow for her.  We each created a block and then I put it together.  A friend quilted it for us.

IMG_0918

IMG_0920

IMG_0922

IMG_0921

IMG_0919

Isn’t Joyce’s house so fun?  Every nook and cranny is filled with delightful vintage treasures.

Although she did not want to be photographed I insisted.  I just knew that you would want to me the gal behind all of this goodness!

IMG_0938

Hope you enjoyed the tour!  Next I will be sharing Joyce’s sister, Kathy’s delightful garden.

hugs,

Jann

33 comments

Susie said...

Jann, I am glad your friend Joyce is a survivor. I love the quilt all of you made for her, what a special gift. Joyce has some nice collections. She has a welcoming home. Hug her for me. xoxo,Susie

Heirloom treasures said...

Lovely,it's a credit to you Joyce. Love it all. :)

Stacey said...

What a beautiful country style home. I love all the little details she has incorporated. Obviously the quilt and pillow are really important to her since they are front and center. I love houses like this! Thanks for sharing.

I'm sharing Part 2 of Nancy's house today if you would like to come see it. :)

NanaDiana said...

I love the quilt you made for her and so glad she is a survivor. She has some amazing collections going on there. It is like stepping back in time almost- GREAT job! Thanks for the fun tour- xo Diana

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I bet you knew I would like this home! I love the shelves above the beadboard for display. I love the clock collection, the mantel, the light fixtures. Okay almost EVERYTHING!

Winnie said...

Such a beautiful house!!
I especially like the bedroom, probably due to the colors :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jann! Oh, what a lovely home and there's so much to see! How special to have a friend like her and I'm sure she feels the same way about you.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Bernideen said...

What a fun home and a courageous woman! Love it all!

mimi_62 said...

Glad to see that you made it ok. LOVE Joyce's home. She's like you, she really knows how to decorate.

Pamela Gordon said...

Joyce's home is beautiful and she has some wonderful old pieces and decor around her home built with love. Blessings to her.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It really does stay true to the theme of comfortable living! The quilts catch my eye and work as art in each room! Lovely! What a special lady and my heart goes out to her for her loss. Sweet hugs!

Denise said...

Lovely friend you must be.All the sweet and lovely things you said.Her home was delightful and I enjoyed the tour.Thank you Denise

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Wow, how charming your friends house looks! That was so nice and I love the blanket you and your friends quilted. Thanks for sharing!
Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

Cynthia said...

What beautiful front porch and that chair hanging is adorable. Very charming home.

Cynthia

Fran. said...

WOW Jann thanks for sharing your friends awesome home with us!! It is so inviting!! I LOVE her hutch and all the sweet goodies she has on it!! Bless her heart she is a survior isn't she? I mean that in many ways and she looks so sweet too kinda the gal you want o make your friend. You are very blessed Jann and I can tell you already know that!! XOXO Love Fran.

Jeannie said...

I'm in awe of such talent. Thanks for the wonderful tour. for what it's worth

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Beautiful home...such a sweet place. Thanks for sharing!

cynthia lee designs said...

Jann...we now have something else in common...I've been friends with my best friend since we were 10 years old in 5th grade.
Your friend's home is so pretty! I love the chair hanging from the house!!
hugs,
Cindy

Peg said...

I love Joyce's house. It has always been one of my favorites. So comfortable, cozy, warm and inviting. Joyce has always been on my list of favorite people too. She is sweet, kind, loving, very talented and has a heart of gold. I also have to say, that she is so fun to be with. I love her dearly. Very happy that Jann shares her friends with me.

Karie said...

What a beautiful home. All the vintage treasures are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your friends home with us. Love, love it. Hugs to you my over the mountain friend. Karie

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

What a great share! Thanks to Joyce also for opening her sweet cottage home to us!

Rose L said...

I love the turquoise chair and cabinet next to it! So many cool things in there.

Gayle said...

what an inspiring post Jann! I LOVED seeing Joyce's home and all the wonderful treasures that she has displayed so beautifully. Thanks so much for all the pictures! Her home actually reminds me quite a bit of my friend Jayna - they both have great taste!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
O My!! Your Freind's Home is pure delight and so charming!! So many beautiful things!! I LOVE it!!

Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Stacey said...

Jann, this home tour is so pretty I just had to come back again. I noticed several neat collections - clocks, architectural elements,signs, jars, and bottles. So many neat things to enjoy. :)

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

WOW is all I have to say! Love it!

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing Joyce's home. This was fun!

Cottage and Broome said...

Jann, what a wonderful tour! I do love the chair hanging on the porch. You and your friends did a wonderful job on Joyce's quilt, I'm sure she smiles every time she sees it. Thanks for taking us on the tour, Laura

Cranberry Morning said...

I loved the tour Thank you so much! What a delightful place - full of her treasures. Joyce sounds like a remarkable person.

Cranberry Morning said...

P.S. I'm your newest follower. Hope you'll stop in at Cranberry Morning. :-)

Art and Sand said...

I saw so many pieces and vignettes I loved.

The Robinson Collection said...

I loved this, here I am a mile away and only see the front porch, I love the tour...

Bernideen said...

It has been fun seeing all these homes!

Instagram