Adding Spring in the Bedroom. . .

It’s hard to believe that just two weeks ago our bedroom was still filled with snowman and Winter quilts adorned the bed.

Now with sunshine streaming in the window it’s time to lighten things up a little for Spring.

I still love my painted wall.  It’s the perfect shade of yellow.

DSC00734

Hints of Spring are tucked in every little nook and cranny.

Unmatched bed stands are on each side of the bed.  This little table was a $10 thrift find that I painted red.  I love how this faux tulip looks as though it’s almost spent.  Notice the leaves are starting to yellow?

DSC00749

A Forsythia wreath with a leaded glass bird now hangs on the chippy green door.

DSC00742

The other side of the bed has a white nightstand and a little red bottle holds another spray of Forsythia.  You might remember that I painted my bed white a few months ago.  I love how it lightened up the room!  A Poppy canvas hangs above the bed and a vintage wicker planter holds pots of geraniums.

DSC00737

Often when hubby and I travel we bring home a piece of art.  This watercolor is of my favorite home in Charleston.  Of course the fact that it was yellow with hints of red had a lot to do with it.

DSC00736

This picture hangs by our fireplace.  It’s of a darling bed and breakfast in Door County, WI.  We attended a fish boil there.  It was so much fun!

DSC00741

Flowers are popping up everywhere.

DSC00739

DSC00740

fireplace

Geraniums, Peonies, Hydrangeas, and more Forsythia.

DSC00758

Poppy plates hang above the window.  Perfect flower for helping to put you to sleep.  How could we ever forget what happened to Dorothy and her friends when they ventured into the field of poppies in the “Wizard of Oz”

DSC00748

It’s hard to tell, but these photos were taken in a field of poppies that grow wild in a nearby hillside here in Alpine.  It’s a very popular photo spot for photographers.  It was an old homestead that the story is that the farmer planted a few poppies and a wild yellow rose.  Now the Poppies have spread across the entire hillside.  The yellow rose is located close to an old brick foundation.  The only thing that remains of the old farmstead.

DSC00744

This large canvas hangs just inside the entry to our bedroom.  How I would love to stroll thru that garden!

DSC00738

I love this red bird basket stand.  It was a gift from my friend, Peggy years ago.  I filled it with red floral balls, my collection of flower frogs, and a couple of aqua jars.

DSC00755

The yellow bench is adorned with bird pillows I made a few years ago along with my splish splash pillow from Pottery Barn. A few of my favorite gardening books, handy for browsing through.

DSC00745

DSC00746

DSC00751

I decorated the top of the red cabinet with birdhouses, an aqua gazing ball, my set of 3 red tin jars, and another poppy plate and bird candle.  Some quilts are tucked away inside.

birdhouses

I left my burlap garland draped across the top and shelves are now holding signs of Spring.

DSC00765

I have been saving the best for last. . .My blog friend, Carol from Art and Sand just gifted me with these darling redwork pillows.

DSC00752

Are they not just precious?  She had received them as a gift from Manuela from A Cultivated Nest.  I had seen them on both their blogs and fell in love with them!  Carol recently redid her bedroom in blue and white and decided to gift them to me rather than store them.  Sweet lady remembered how much I loved them!

DSC00750

Inside the card Carol wrote, “The greatest gift is a portion of thyself”.  Ralph Waldo Emerson.

She is so right!  Every time I look at these sweet pillows I think of both her and Manuela.  Thank you so very much!!!

DSC00753

Wishing you a wonderful ‘Good Morning’ and a peaceful ‘Good Night’!

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:

Common Ground for Be Inspired

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays

Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday

A Joyful Cottage for Every Room in the House Party

51 comments

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Jann I could just move right into your bedroom! It is so cute and full of color and love! Those pillows are adorable and how sweet of Carol to pass them on! I love blogging friends! You inspire me to get some new decor in my bedroom!
hugs,
Linda

Susie said...

I absolutely love all your spring touches. The bed is wonderful against the yellow wall. oxox, Susie

Unknown said...

Enjoyed your tour. Makes me want to start spring cleaning. I am sooo tired of winter, but will take whatever is sent my way. Tomorrow is another day. Really like your blog. Thanks.
Crystal

Winnie said...

Everything look so bright and perfect for spring!
I especially like all the pillows :)
And also the bed covering

Anonymous said...

Hi Jann! Oh, what a lovely bedroom you have. Love the reds with the soft yellow walls. Love the darling redwork pillow covers too! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia;)

Rita C at Panoply said...

First of all, I love the yellow. And when pops of red are mixed in with yellow, I really love that combination. The pillows are adorable, what a treasured gift!

farmhouse-story said...

carol's pillows are darling and so perfect for your cottage bedroom, jann:) i love the cute rosebud dishes below, too! happy weekend!

Junkchiccottage said...

So sweet Jann. I love the yellow and red in your bedroom. The little embroidered pillow splish splash is too adorable. It looks so bright and cheerful.
Kris

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

What a fabulous room! Poppies....that is so pretty! and I love all the pillows and wall art....I want to stay there!

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Oh, how I do love the colour combination of yellow, red, and white! The birdhouses are adorable! And every time I see your gorgeous bed frame, I think of painting mine. Not quite ready to yet! :)

Unknown said...

Jann,
Your room looks so beautiful! I love the poppies, and the way you have used them! Very, very pretty!!

Cranberry Morning said...

Everything looks so fresh and inviting! After this long winter, we all need springtime fresh to cheer us! Love the chippy look and all the red accents.

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Jann, I really love red! I really enjoy Red Poppies!
I was told once that every room needs a touch of red and yellow!
My bedroom is painted a very pretty yellow also. We are getting some snow right now and I pray it snows all night! I am so excited about getting my spring cleaning done throughout my home these next couple of weeks.
Blessings, Roxy

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful, bright and Springy room, Jann. It looks just lovely. You have put a lot of work into making it beautiful and it shows. xo Diana

cynthia lee designs said...

Jann...your bedroom looks so pretty!! How sweet of Carol to send you the pillows...they look perfect on the bed. Love the red...it is my favorite pop of color around my home.
hugs,
Cindy

Alice Wingerden said...

Love all the pops of color! So cheerful. Those little pillows are adorable and I really love the painting above your bed!

Alice Wingerden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nell at njschout said...

Love the red highlights!

Unknown said...

Hi Jann,

Loving all the Spring touches in your bedroom, my favorites are your quilt and your white bird houses. Love the Victorian cottage look of them and that they are white.
Hugs, Lynnie

Art and Sand said...

Those pillows were made for your bedroom.

I love all the sweet touches around the room. Of course, what is not to love with your use of color.

Thanks for the shout out.

Marie-Interior Frugalista said...

Oh my Jann I love the pops of red everywhere (happens to be my favorite color) and your adorable bird collection. I want those two birdhouses on top of your red cabinet :) Beautiful Spring decorating!
Marie@The Interior Frugalista

Tea in the Library said...

Thanks for the tour. The room looks so welcoming and cheerful! I was surprised to read the tulip is silk. I looks so real in the photo. I am sighing over thoughts of warmth and sun - we are still quite cold here, and have a chance of Spring snow shower this coming week. Blessing to you.

Fran. said...

well Jann I feel like I just went through beautiful magazine pages with no advertisments!! Your home is so droolie and so welcome-ling!! I made up those words but I mean it!! XOXO Love Fran.

The Tablescaper said...

Love all of your touches. It would be great to have you link to Seasonal Sundays!

- Alma, The Tablescaper

Di said...

I love all the pinks with red very cheerful.

Debbiedoos said...

Love love love your bedroom. It is so cheery, yet restful when needed. Pretty colors that make me smile.

Deborah Montgomery said...

Such a cheerful and pretty bedroom. Love the red and yellow together. I love the pillows you made, as well as the ones your friend gave you. Beautiful!

June said...

Hi Jann, it is so nice to meet you! I love your beautiful home and the lovely paintings you have throughout. So lovely.
I so appreciate the comment you left for me. It is always so nice to hear from other bloggers who love home and family.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Everything looks very fresh and spring-y! That is the perfect shade of yellow. Bright, yet soft at the same time.

Rose L said...

Adorable! Love those birdhouses!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh, what a happy, cheerful bedroom, Jann! The reds and yellows make for such a wonderful color combo. Thank you for the tour.

Lady of the Manor said...

This bedroom is so bright and cheery! What a lovely space!! Your touches of red are perfect, my favorites are the quilt and that picture over the bed!!!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh Jann this room is just what the doctor ordered! Yes, Spring is officially "here," but today was 30 degrees! COLD!!

Your room is just so invigorating and fun - just as you!

I apolgize for not visiting lately - life has gotten a little crazy for me and I haven't been with two extra minutes to give myself. I hope to remedy that this week, in increments and catch up on my reading!

Miss you! Hugs!

Maria Elena said...

Your bedroom looks gorgeous! What beautiful colors! Lovely space!

Creations By Cindy said...

Jann I love it all! The little basket you have standing in the floor is so adorable with the things you have in it. The mason jars caught my eye! What a great idea. I too like poppies! The bedroom is adorable! Just love it all. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Unknown said...

Beautiful bedroom Jann! Love the spring touches!! So bright and colorful!~~Angela

Cynthia said...

Jann what a cozy quaint room. Love all your touches.

Cynthia

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love how cheerful all the touches of red make your bedroom.

must love junk said...

Jann, this room is so pretty and cheerful! Love the pillows from Carol!! :)
Susan

Anonymous said...

All of your spring touches are so cheery and bright...love your attention to detail.

Nancy said...

Your bedroom is charming, Jann. I do hope you'll come and share it at Every Room In the House. We're partying in the Master Bedroom this month. XO ~ Nancy
http://www.ajoyfulcottage.com/2014/03/every-room-in-house-party-3.html

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Things in your home with a story are the best things to have surrounding you! Love it all!

Terri said...

Hello Jann,
Your post today is so fab! I love seeing your room and all the ways you have made it special. You have a really good way with decorating. I love all the watercolors. And the redwork pillows are amazing! I love redwork!
I have just put away my last winter decor item, yay! It feels so good : )
Happy Spring to you!
Hugs,
Terri

Bernideen said...

The red is very fun and makes one smile!

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Hi Jann -

Your home looks so springy and refreshing! That banner so great looking, fabulous find. I love the reds in your bedroom and those "good morning" & "good night" pillow covers are adorable. The vintage red embroidery on white is one of my favorite looks. Thanks for giving us a tour to inspire us in our change over to "spring"!

Blessings, Edie Marie

The Charm of Home said...

I love the colors in your bedroom. The redwork embroidery is just the perfect touch.
Sherry

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

I love the pops of red in you gorgeous spring bedroom Jann. Thank you for sharing at Shabbilicious Friday. I'm delighted to feature your bedroom at tomorrow's party.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

the stitch witch said...

Hopped on board your blog from the Shabbilicious friday link and so glad I did. This is my kind of room. I have a similar yellow palette and also love to accent with raspberry and teal/aqua blue. Love your spring style. Your decorating is an inspiration.

Lissa said...

What color and kind of paint did you use on your bed? Thinking strongly of painting my old waterbed oak sleighbed frame?

Nancy said...

Jann, your spring bedroom is so charming. I love all your special touches. Thanks for sharing at Every Room In The House. You'll be featured tomorrow. Hugs ~ Nancy

Tanya Rachelle said...

Love the redwork pillows!!! Splish Splash!!! So darling!
~Tanya

Instagram