Share Your Cup Thursday #96

Hello and welcome to Share Your Cup, (SYC for short).  The party where you share the things that make you happy.

I am starting the party a little early because I am going with a friend and may not be home by 4.

By sharing we help bring happiness into each others lives.

A couple weeks ago I planted grass in a few containers to ‘welcome Spring’.  Happy to say, that I now have some green, green, grass at home

When it gets a little bigger I’ll add colored eggs.

DSC00785

DSC00786

This one is being a little slower.  I think it’s because it’s so low in the basket that it doesn’t get as much sunshine.  I leave them in my kitchen window for about three weeks.  This one will go out on the front porch soon.

DSC00787

Some of you asked what kind of grass seed I use.  Really, I just buy the cheapest bag.  I have had this one for 4 years.  It lasts a long time.

DSC00684

I put a couple of smashed soda cans in the bottom for drainage.  Fill it 3/4 the way full with potting mix, sprinkle the seed and then cover with more soil.  Pat it down gently.  I keep it by the sink and water lightly with the sprayer on my faucet every day.

DSC00685

Lovin me some green grass!

It’s always a challenge to choose features each week.  I appreciate all of your talents so very much!

But anyway here they are:

I love old windows and Dawn from We Call it Junkin showed us some fun ways to use them.  I have a few of these pinned and it’s on my ‘hubby’s’ to do list.

CTG508284_jpg_rendition_largest

Christine from Little Brags has been playing with some chalkboard paint and has made her kids playroom a fun space.

march 38

Cathy from Vintage Paint and More shared her Spring mantle.  I love how the wooden accent her hubby made makes her wreath pop!

100_3045 spring mantel with book page wreath

Aimee from Refresh-Renew showed us the beautiful purples blooming in her garden.  Wisteria is one of my favorites.

wisteria_2

Carol from Art and Sand just changed her bedroom to blue and white.  It’ll make you want to head to the beach!

3PicMonkey Collage_jpg

Joy from Yesterfood shared the recipe for this delicious sweet and spicy orange glazed salmon.  I cooked it for dinner last week and we all loved it!  Quick and easy too.

Orange Glazed Salmon by Yesterfood

Thanks everyone for sharing and please grab my button if you were featured.

Stackedcup-1_thumb_thumb[1]

Hop over to my facebook page and see who is featured there!

With no further adieu, let’s get this party started!

1. I would love for you to be a follower of Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson.
2. Link up a particular post and not your entire blog. Please limit your links to no more than three and please do not link up the same thing you linked up last week.
3. Please have a link back to this post. That way others will know where the party is. Feel free to grab my button on the sidebar if you’d like. Only those with a link back will be featured.
4. Please find time to visit at least two other participants. It’s a great way to find new friends.

After you link up please come back and leave a comment. They help to fill my cup

*Don’t forget to pin from their site and not my blog.

49 comments

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

Thank you so much for the party Jan! I am going to have to try that salmon recipe...it looks and sounds delicious! Great features and wishing you a wonderful week!
XO Barbara

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh my, that wisteria look lovely! We are in the middle of a blizzard right now, a really dangerous one! It's supposed to be Spring! Can't wait to see flowers! *sigh* Thank you for hosting Jann and enjoy the rest of your week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

This is my first time to link up at your party, Jann! Hope you are your friend have an amazing time together. :)

Best wishes for a week filled with extraordinary memories in the making.

Winnie said...

Thank you for the party Jann, and enjoy your day (here it's already night)

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Hi Jann, Thank you for hosting your wonderful party and sharing the great features with us.

Nancy said...

I like your potted grass, Jann. (LOL, that sounds funny doesn't it?) It's something I need to try. (The grass seed in flower pots, I mean. Hah!) Pretty features this week, and that salmon looks amazing. Joy always has great recipes. Happy Wednesday/Thursday! XX ~ Nancy

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

Oh my goodness, I LOVE your potted fescue! I think I might give it a try with my little ones over the weekend. There are so many pretty arrangements you can make when you have a great base :0)
Thanks so much for hosting, Jann!
Have a wonderful week,
Suzanne

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

Thank you so much for hosting.

Gina said...

Oh I love seeing that grass! (probably because ours is still covered with snow.) I've never thought of growing grass indoors, but I love the idea.

Donna Wilkes said...

I love the little chick in the potted grass. Did you make it? Thanks for hosting.

Deborah Montgomery said...

the grass looks so pretty! maybe I can grow some before Easter! I tried growing wheat grass one year and it got moldy :( Thank you for hosting Jann!

Tarnished Royalty said...

Thanks for the party Jann, and for the grass tip. I really do want to try this! ~Ann
Tarnished Royalty

Unknown said...

All your containers of grass are so cute! What a great idea Jann. Thanks so much for hosting again this week.
Blessings,
Patti

NanaDiana said...

There are some really GREAT features here and I LOVE your green grass even if it is inside! xo Diana

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Oh, I used to plant grass in pots for Easter when I was younger - and add small Easter chickens and tiny little plastic Easter eggs.. Happy memories :) Might do that with the kids another year! Thanks for the party, Jann! Autumn hugs from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

Sarah said...

I need to remember to plant some grass for a centerpiece. Cute idea.

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting Jann! Great features, love the idea of planting grass in a pot and decorating it. I will have to try that next year!!

Stacey said...

Each year I want to plant some of that grass. Thanks for the reminder!! Joining your party today. :)

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Loving the Green grass tutorial! Thank you for hosting my friend.
FABBY

Nancy's Notes said...

Jan, what a thrill to be here at your wonderful party! It's my first time and you are such a fabulous hostess! Love your features too, they are great. That salmon looks scrumptious. Love your green, green grass-it's sure looks like spring to me.
Nancy

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for hosting - Appreciate what you do.

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

Love the idea of growing grass in pots! There's an area in my front yard that just won't grow anything so maybe I should try your way!
I'll have to check out that salmon recipe -- we like it in any way, shape or form!

Joy said...

Jann, thank you so much for including my Orange Glazed Salmon in your lovely features! I'm so happy you enjoyed it! :) Thank you for SYC!

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I need to remember to come party with you more often. Your readers have such cutie-pie ideas! Thanks for letting me in the door!

Fran said...

Thank you for hosting, Jann! I am so ready for green grass....or lovely wisteria....:) --Fran

Christine at Little Brags said...

Jan, thanks so very much for including my little chalk projects in your features today! xoxoxo Christine from Little Brags

Artsy VaVa said...

Thanks for hosting the party!

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

So many lovely features, Jann! Thanks for hosting. I need some spring over here! :)

Jeanette

Art and Sand said...

Thanks so much for featuring me this week.

I love the grass idea. I am helping me daughter with a baby shower and the grass idea might just work for the decorations.

Art and Sand said...

Thanks so much for featuring me this week.

I love the grass idea. I am helping me daughter with a baby shower and the grass idea might just work for the decorations.

Tea in the Library said...

SYC is a highlight of my week. There are always things that inspire me, put a smile on my face, or a memory in my heart. Sometimes all of the above!. Love the grass in containers. The little cups of wheat grass one get's for cats is SO EXPENSIVE!!! Last one I bought was over 4.00. For a monkey dish size container of grass. Seriously. Next time we 'speak' I may have a window sill full of Kentucky Blue too! Have a blessed week.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jann, thank you so much for the feature! I tried something similar to your grass and Easter egg project but none of my grass seed came up. Maybe I'll try again :( Yours is gonna be very cute. Have a great day - Dawn

Ashley @ 3 Little Greenwoods said...

Seriously LOVE the Mason Jar banner from Hobby Lobby! Too cute!

Thanks so much for hosting! I love how your party always has lots of different blogs posting fun crafts and recipes!

Vintage Paint and more... said...

Jann, I love the idea of growing grass and then placing colored eggs in it... My granddaughter would get such a kick out of this - great idea. Thank you for featuring my Spring mantel this week - I am so honored to among such great projects. Have a wonderful week... Cathy

Creations By Cindy said...

Ooh, love wisteria! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Marie-Interior Frugalista said...

Hi Jann, so glad to be back at the party after a two week hiatus. Awesome features - great party!
Marie@The Interior Frugalista

xinex said...

Such a cute post! I love those pretty ideas...Christine

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

Dear Jann,
I nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award.
I've enjoyed getting to know you through your kind comments and beautiful blog. You can read more about your nomination here . . .
http://simplysuzannes.blogspot.com/2014/03/liebster-blog-award.html
Have a beautiful day,
Suzanne

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Thanks for the party Jann and I just love the way your mantel came out and the bunny is just too cute. Have a wonderful day and enjoy the rest of the week!
Julie

Aimee at Refresh-Renew... said...

Thank you for featuring my wisteria garden! Great party...thank you for hosting!-aimee

Victoria Lavender said...

Hi Jann, It's truly amazing how big this linky party is! All the wonderful blogs, I was just hopping through a few...I think the mason jar banner is lovely and the area is super for the holiday. Additionally the red guest room is fantastic, such thoughtful details. I'm slowly working on mine, it's pink/red and light green with cabbage roses abound. Check you again next week.
Wishing you well, Vicki

Cottage and Broome said...

Jann, what a great idea to plant some grass, I am going to give that a try. Thanks so much for hosting, Laura

Deanies Stash said...

Hi Jann. Thank you for hosting each week. Spring is in the air even if it is raining here. I look forward to dry and warm days. Have a great weekend!

Micupoftea said...

Thank you for hosting, Jann! My goodness, all the yummy recipes, DIY and crafting posts look wonderful. Have a lovely week ahead...April is almost here!
S

The Charm of Home said...

Your little chick is so sweet! Thanks for hosting!
Sherry

Cecilia said...

Thanks for hosting, Jann! Love your little chick.

Unknown said...

Oh, these are cute! It’s amazing to learn this kind of DIY plat cup! I never thought it’s beautiful to make one of this kinds of art. I think I’m going to make one, and thanks for sharing! I will surely visit them all!

Sebastian of
Gazebo and Bali Hut Super Store

Unknown said...

Thanks For Sharing
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض

شركة عزل مائى بالرياض

شركة تخزين عفش بالرياض

شركة تنظيف بجدة

شركات تنظيف المنازل بجدة

شركة كشف تسربات المياة بجدة

شركات تنظيف منازل بجدة

شركات رش المبيدات حشرية بجدة

نقل اثاث بمكة
عزل خزانات بالرياض

تنظيف خزانات بالرياض

كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
عمليات تدبيس المعدة

عملية المرارة بالمنظار

جراح تحويل مسار المعدة بالرياض

Unknown said...

Keep Up The Good Work
زهرة نقل اثاث بالرياض
مكافحة حشرات
مكافحة حشرات
شركات نقل عفش بالجبيل

شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام

شركة تنظيف موكيت بالأحساء

شركة عزل اسطح بالدمام


افضل شركات بالسعودية
افضل شركات بالسعودية
افضل شركات بالسعودية

شركات تنظيف منازل بالمدينة المنورة

شركة تنظيف بالمدينة المنورة


شركة كشف تسربات بمكة

شركة عزل خزانات بمكة

ارخص شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض

اثاث مستعمل في الرياض

Instagram