My $4 Clipboard Photo Gallery. . .

Hello my friends, a while ago I was at our local thrift and I spied a pile of old clipboards.

A smile crossed my face when I saw that they were from ‘Cory Adams’ Photography.  Fond memories rose through my mind as I remembered the ‘chicken man’ as he was so often referred to coaxing children to smile for school pictures.

He had a rubber chicken that he would use to get their attention.  Even the most straight faced child could not help but crack a smile at the ‘chicken mans’ antics.

I liked that this board said ‘Cory Adams Photo’.

This picture is of my Grandfather John Chorniak, on my dad’s side.

DSC00702

A while ago I had pinned this idea from my friend, Carlene at Organized Clutter.

I love how she put a frame around hers.  I didn’t have the space so I just hung mine on the wall.  It’s a narrow area between my craft room and the bath room in our basement.

IMG_3347-002

The long narrow clipboard was unusual.  I hadn’t seen one that size before.  It was in pretty rough shape so I decided to cover it using Modge Podge and torn book pages.  I added the book page strip on the top left clipboard to tie it in.  I then added a few vintage looking stamps.

DSC00696

I gave the other clipboards a good rub down with Old English.

We only have a few photos of my mother when she was young.  This is my favorite.

DSC00698

My she was hitting the jug at a young age. lol!

DSC00700

Look at that face. . .priceless!

DSC00699

This is my dad.  Handsome brut, don’t you think?

DSC00697

If I have a photo of my Grandpa, I need one of my Grandma.  Emma Zina was my mothers mom.  She is on the left on the small clipboard with two of her sisters.

DSC00701

The clipboards were $1 each so it makes for a very inexpensive photo gallery.

DSC00704

hugs,

Jann

I will be joining these fun parties:

Thrifty Things Friday

DIY Sunday Showcase

One More Time Events for Share it One More Time

Sunday View for Inspired Sunday

Knick of Time Tuesday

Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

 

 

38 comments

Susie said...

That is such a clever way to display photos. I love the old pictures. Hope you are having a great weekend, xoxo,Susie

Salmagundi said...

Love this idea - now, I just need to find a place to hang them. Walls are getting full!!! Sally

Pamela Gordon said...

I love this idea Jann. And the old family photos are so nice to see. I also like the ones hanging on the yard stick. Really sweet ideas! Have a lovely Sunday.

20 North Ora said...

Jann - this is such a cute idea. Love the various sizes of clip boards and really love all of the old vintage photos.

Judy

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I am another one that really likes the way you used the clip boards to display the old photos.
Hope you are enjoying the weekend.

lynn cockrell said...

My Dear Jann,

I totally love this idea. The pictures of your family are wonderful and that one of your mom is priceless! I think your dad looks very handsome, too!

Have a great evening and a blessed tomorrow!

Stacey said...

Love this!! Great idea. :)

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Love your clipboards and your Mom's photo! Darling! Thanks for the shout out!

NanaDiana said...

Those are just precious, priceless pictures. I LOVE the expression on your Mom's face. That is a clever use of clipboards! xo Diana

Junkchiccottage said...

Very clever my friend. Love this idea and how sweet are all these pictures. I have to agree with the others your mom's picture is precious.
Kris

Debra@CommonGround said...

LOVE these Jann, my fave is the one covered in book pages. Your mom is so adorable! that grin and those socks!!

cynthia lee designs said...

You and Carlene are making me want some old clipboards. What an awesome way to display photos!! Just the love photo of your mom.
hugs,
Cindy

Micupoftea said...

in love! What a neat display :)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

How nice this all looks! Love the display idea and the photos and I can see where you get your lovely smile and happy disposition...from your mom! :)

One More Time Events said...

Love it Jann…. What a creative and great idea! Hugs Tammy

Fran. said...

very cool little missy!! XOXO Love Fran.

Marie-Interior Frugalista said...

These are awesome Jann - great idea! Would love it if you came over to the DIY Sunday Showcase Party and shared them with us http://www.interiorfrugalista.com/2014/03/diy-sunday-showcase-party-and-features_15.html
Marie@The Interior Frugalista

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Great idea! I love the idea of embellishing them too. Great pictures!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

These look so great! Love the photos!

Susan said...

I saw 4 old clipboards in a resale shop a few weeks ago, picked them up, carried them around with me thinking I would do this because I had seen it on another post. Then decided I didn't have a place to hang them (walls pretty full) and put them down. NOW, after seeing it again, I wish I'd bought them!!! Bummer!!! Yesterday I bought 3 old wooden hangers to hang slacks. I'll use those to hang a few pictures (but still be on the lookout for clipboards). Next time, don't question the urge, just buy it!! LOL

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

This is a great idea and I love how the black and white pictures make a lovely colour theme.

camp and cottage living said...

I love this, Jann.
Old clipboards work perfect for old photos!

Unknown said...

This is such a great idea. What a beautiful display to showcase cherished photographs. It looks fantastic and those black and white photos are perfect.
Angel

Rose L said...

Cute idea! Great recycle idea!!

Maureen Wyatt said...

Great idea. Love what you did with yours and I'm pinning!

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh I love this idea! Got to pin it. I love looking at the old photos and the one of your mother is precious!
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Bliss said...

I've been saving clipboards for the past two years to use in some way. One of them is a funky HUGE one, I could put a whole poster photo on it.

Ky said...

I saw them late last night! It looks soooo good! I love it!

Deborah Montgomery said...

Love old photos! so much history and memories there. What a clever way to display them.

Nell at njschout said...

Great idea! I love old photos.

Elegant Economies said...

Love your display. Your mom's pic is ADORABLE☺

~Audrey@http://eleganteconomies.blogspot.com

Tea in the Library said...

Brilliant execution. Love it!

Dana Bishop said...

I really like your creative uses of clipboards. That is an idea I would not have thought of, and even if your inspiration came from an outside source you've done an artful job!

Dana Bishop said...

I really like your creative uses of clipboards. That is an idea I would not have thought of, and even if your inspiration came from an outside source you've done an artful job!

Dana Bishop said...

I really like your creative uses of clipboards. That is an idea I would not have thought of, and even if your inspiration came from an outside source you've done an artful job!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Totally adorable!

The Old Parsonage said...

Oh Jan

this idea is so great - and what an easy thing to copy. Love the old photos that you used for your family gallery!!!

Leann

Laura Turner said...

I LOVE your clipboard "frames," Jann, and am a little bit jealous that you found that narrow one! :-) I have found a few vintage ones at thrift shops, but now I'm going to keep looking. I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your sweet family. I look forward to seeing what other creative projects you come up with!

Instagram