All Bottled Up!

Decisions, decisions, decisions!  Usually I don’t have a problem knowing whether or not I like something.    Most of the time I know right off the bat.

Not so with what I am going to show you today.  Last week I was at Hobby Lobby and while walking down an isle I noticed a cut out of a mason jar.  After I picked it up and looked at it I saw that it was a banner.

DSC00783

Even then I wasn’t sure if I loved it.  I did like the patterns on the bottles, and they were 3 of the 4 colors I’ve used in my family room.

There were strips of burlap and lace tied in between, which I thought was fun.

DSC00770

Still wasn’t sure it if was cute or cheesy.  It was the only one so I decided I would buy it and return it later if I didn’t like it.

Saturday evening I started playing with it.  I pulled out some of my blue bottles thinking I might fill them with some flowers.

DSC00768

I added my blue scale and my 3 seltzer bottles.

DSC00767

I dressed one up with a whimsical burlap flower.

DSC00771

I added a large jar filled with eggs to hide the outlet.

DSC00769

About this time I had decided to leave the other bottles empty.

DSC00772

Then I decided that I needed to decorate the hearth before I knew whether or not I liked it.

DSC00774

I love my vintage seed box that I got from my sister, Dolores.  I filled the small area with a seed and a moss ball, a cabbage, and topped it with a hyacinth.  I stood a potted tulip and a few clay pots that I had painted with a wash of green paint.  Pretty garden gloves drape over the side.

DSC00775

This sweet bunny I found last year knew it was the perfect spot to be. . .next to all of those scrumptious veggies.

DSC00779

DSC00776

Her wheelbarrow is loaded up with her favorite snack as well as seeds to make sure her supply doesn’t run out.

DSC00777

This cutie is bright eyed and bushy tailed!

DSC00780

On the other side I placed a tin red pitcher filled with blossoms and a Hydrangea.

DSC00773

So what do you think?  Keep the garland or return it?

DSC00782

Cute or cheesy?

DSC00784

Love to hear what you think!

hugs,

Jann

33 comments

Salmagundi said...

Of course, I love the seed box, jars, etc. Not so sure about the banner -- but then what do I know!!! I'll be anxious to hear what you decide. Sally

camp and cottage living said...

Jann
I love your vintage seed box and the way you decorated it too.
I don't think your Mason jar banner is cheesy at all.
Very cute.

Unknown said...

I vote that you keep it! Tie in some of the hearth colors on top of the mantle as well..maybe? I'm sure that you will make it look grand :)

NanaDiana said...

What do I think? I think everything you did is absolutely adorable! I love the garland and that sweet bunny just steals the show- xo Diana

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Jann,
I like the mason jar banner. I do not think it is cheesy. I think it is really cute actually. I love the jars above it. It is all cute as always.
Kris

cynthia lee designs said...

Jann...I say keep the mason jar banner. I think it is cute and I love it with your jars. I was just at our Hobby Lobby yesterday and didn't see that our store had this banner. Wish they did...it would look good hanging from the quilt in our dining room.
hugs,
Cindy

Dana Bishop said...

The jar banner is incredible! How could you have thought otherwise. I only wish I had thought of it :)

Hugs, Dana

Debbie said...

Hmmm...the banner is ok...but the scale of it is a bit large to my eye. The way I see it...if you like it...keep it. It's your home & you can do whatever you want! I do love that seed box & bunny.

Patti said...

I love the banner! I want one! I have lots of aqua jars, too, so I like it. Everything you do is fabulous. I like the unexpected, so I do like the banner. It's young and fresh.

chocobeat said...

I like the banner! Maybe you would like it better in your Kitchen?

Maria Elena said...

Love, love the banner! So pretty and original and it is perfect for your mantle. Beautiful!

Creations By Cindy said...

The seed box is adorable. Love it! I like mason jars too. Great combination you got going on there. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Tea in the Library said...

I think it works well with the vignette. I like it but I'd probably be on the fence about it too...I like it in spite of it's self.. does that make sense?! I'd probably have purchased it too!

Unknown said...

I love it all! I think a big, old, white chippy window frame above your mantle would just tie it all together. Love what you have done....so Spring!

Shirley Hatfield said...

Are you kidding! If I had seen the banner before you it would be in my kitchen right now...lol! Isn't it great that we are each so different in what moves and inspires us? Yet we are drawn together in our love for those things that speak to us of home and family...and grandmothers who loved us.

Unknown said...

I love the mason jars, thumbs up!

Debby Ray said...

I vote it's a keeper...you did an awesome job of bringing everything together!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Such a cute, cute mantel vignette and I am so in love with your seed box!!!

Di said...

I love the banner I think it looks great with your display!

Aimee at Refresh-Renew... said...

looks so happy and spring-timey!
Great job! (also loving your burlap curtain panel!)-aimee

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I think it is so cheesy that it is cute! There are some things like that. Put in the right surroundings and it looks like it was supposed to be there all the time. Great vignette!

Jan Alexander said...

Keep it! That's the cutest ever!

Jan Alexander said...

Keep it! That's the cutest ever!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love how it all looks and the banner is cute, but I think the scale is off for the mantel. It looks too big for me. The idea of the banner is adorable! Let us know what you decide! Hugs, Linda

Suburban Girl said...

Cute!

Rose L said...

Cute vignette!

Marie-Interior Frugalista said...

Oh my gosh Jann I love your mason jar banner - so unique and so pretty with the different patterns on each one. I must PIN this!
Marie@The Interior Frugalista

farmhouse-story said...

the banner is adorable and so is that cute bunny vignette, jann:)

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

What a cute (and fun) banner! I love what you did to tie it all in... very sweet and springy. Love those blue bottles! and love Mr. Bunny too!

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

What a cute idea!
Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog :)

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

I love that banner!! It is so cute. I also love the case you put together. So adorable.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

The Tally Tales said...

How beautiful, Jann! I love the banner, and that seed box really is a great piece to have on hand. You did a lovely job! :) Thanks for sharing with us.

~Leslie

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Cute always goes with cheesy, they are best pal.. I embrace "cheesy", if it's cute enough for me! When I saw the banner, my first idea was "no", but once your mantel and hearth were decorated, I thought "it's working"!

Instagram