Pickin Cherries. . .

Well my friends, I’ve been at it again.  Pickin cherries that is.  Now normally we don’t pick cherries here in UT until June.

Some of us cherry pickers just can’t wait, and pick cherries all year long.

DSC00644

When I walked into our local thrift store a week and a half ago and spied these sweet cherry dishes I knew I had to pick them up and bring them home.

Rarely do I ever hit a thrift store more than once a week, little lone the next day.  However that was the case.  I was with my daughter, Karrah.  I told her that I had went thrifting the day before and she said that she wanted to go.  We stopped in and boy am I glad we did!  Found four matching mugs.  My sis spied them first, but knew I had the plates to match.  $11 for the entire set, including the mugs.

DSC00646

DSC00645

I’ve been picking cherries for quite some time now.  I started as a teenager and picked for a nearby neighbor.

DSC00663

I guess that’s why I can’t stop picking cherries.  I’m just not satisfied until I’ve climbed to the top of the tree and picked every single one.  lol!  Don’t you love my sweet shelf scarf that my daughter, Kylee brought home to me from Hungary?

cherries

A lot of my cherry items I have picked at thrift stores.  I found this pitcher and the S&P shakers a couple years apart.  Don’t you love it when that happens?

DSC00665

DSC00655

Measuring cups and creamers.

DSC00657

DSC00666

Pitchers and teapots.

DSC00654

DSC00658

You name it, if it’s got a cherry on it I pick it!

DSC00659

DSC00670

DSC00667

DSC00664

Open my basement kitchen cupboards and cherries are bound to pop out at you.

DSC00669

I really didn’t need more plates because I have this set I bought at Kohls.

DSC00648

And this set I found at the same thrift a couple years ago.  Oh yeah, a few strawberries creep in now and then.  Tried picking them as a teen, but didn’t like it nearly as much as pickin cherries.

DSC00661

But just look at these again.  How could I not pick them?  Picked two sweet green dish strainers recently.  One for upstairs and one for down.

DSC00673

Not only do I pick cherry dishes, but I have a weakness for cherry décor.

DSC00674

cherries 2

I just can’t help myself.  I learned as a teen, that the more cherries I picked the more money I made.  Hee-hee!

DSC00671

Even cherry furniture must come home with me.

DSC00652

DSC00653

And of course, If I come across cherry linens they find their way into my cart.

DSC00647

Not only do I love pickin cherries, but I sure do enjoy eatin them too!

Which do you do?  Pick, eat, or pick and eat cherries?

hugs,.

Jann

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:

Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Sew Crafty Angel for Wake Up Wednesday

Green Willow Pond for What We Accomplished Wednesday

Lavender Garden Party for Cottage Style Party

Ivy and Elephants for What's it Wednesday

We Call it Junkin History and Home link party

Revisionary Life for Thrifty Life Thursday

Common Ground for Be Inspired

Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

43 comments

Julie Marie said...

Oh Jann... I am a cherry picker too!... one must be if one lives in Utah, right?... we have the best cherries in the world... our home was in the midst of orchards when I was a little girl growing up in Bountiful, and we had five tartarian cherry trees that our home was nestled amongst on our own property... I would pick cherries for our neighbor who owned alot of the other orchards around us... 50 cents a day... wow!... that seemed like sooo much money back then... we worked all day long, picking cherries and eating some as well... the farmer was very kind and never minded if we picked some to eat as long as we did not waste them... we could handle that!... your cherry dishes and collectibles are all sooo fabulous!... love your cherry measuring cups!... I searched all the Pier 1's for some like them, but sold out... so I got the strawberry ones instead... you have such a beautiful collection!... as I am out and about at the thrift shops, I will look for cherries for you!... I love searching for things friends love as well... mmmm... your post brought back so many happy memories (can you tell, I have written a book here!)... I can almost smell mama's cherry pie baking... xoxo Julie Marie

Susie said...

Jann, I have never seen anything so cute. I love all the cherry items you have. No wonder you could not pass them by. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Pamela Gordon said...

I love your sweet collection of cherry dishes etc. Jann. They look so cheerful and perfect for the summer season ahead. Hugs, Pamela

Junkchiccottage said...

Jann,
Love your sweet Cherry collection. Those plates are so sweet and what a great price. You have a great collection.
Kris

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Love your cherry dishes and other treasures. Everything looks so good. I don't collect cherries but I sure love to eat them and cherry jelly too.
Great post - thanks for sharing your cherries with us. Great find at the Thrift Store.
Mary

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

It's so festive and summery! The only time I picked cherries was when I lived in Utah. I like the sour red ones in preserves or jam; they are the best.

Lois' Laughlines said...

Wow what a find! They definitely needed to go home with you. How adorable.

Anonymous said...

LOVE this cherry post! The shelf pic with the scarf from your daughter is my fav! ♥

Anonymous said...

Hi Jann! Oh, you really have been picking cherries for some time! What lovely pieces you have. I love those precious dishes you've picked up. I could go shopping here! ;)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

cynthia lee designs said...

What an awesome Cherry picker you are!! Great find and those plates are so cute!!
hugs,
Cindy

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a fun collection. Never picked a cherry but have eaten many! I have two of the cherry plates with the blue rim and I love them. They are on my maybe keeping list?? All your cherry decor is just too darn cute!
hugs, Linda

priscilla said...

Such a fun collection ! Love your new plates !

Art and Sand said...

I can't wait for cherry pickin' time.

I love all of your sweet cherry dishes, pillows, etc.

Patti said...

I collect cherry treasures, too, and since my kinder theme is cherries, I have some sweet gifts from the kiddos, too. But, your collection is amazing! Oh, and I LOVE to eat cherries!

Cathy said...

Great find......you are a true experienced Cherry Picker, and you pick the best!

Cathy's Cupboard Calamity <;)

Sarah said...

You are obviously a master cherry picker. Don't you love it when you happen to be in the right place at the right time? Love your new dishes!

Vintage Paint and more... said...

Jann, love all the cherries, so happy and cheerful. Remind me so of Mary Englebreit - just puts a smile on your face... Cathy

Creations By Cindy said...

I just love all of your dishes! The cherry theme is so cute! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Love all those cherries! We actually have Cherry Days here on the 4th of July.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Your cherry collection is FAB-U-LOUS!! What a great thing to have to brighten your home. It all reminds me of the artwork of Mary Engelbreit...are you familiar with it?

Nell at njschout said...

Really like your new cherry dishes!!

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Wow! I love Cherries too.. I only have a few things though. I love all of your stuff. Really Awesome.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Gina said...

Oh Jann, I love your cherry collection! So many beautiful pieces! I have a few cherry things myself, however, I did sell some cherry dishes on ebay a decade ago, and I've been sorry ever since. I don't know what I was thinking!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

You always have so much cute stuff to share! :)

Deborah Montgomery said...

so fun -- very retro and vintage!!

Stacey Johnson said...

Absoultely love all the cherry items Jann! Great displays. The $11 dishes are fabulous!

Rose L said...

Wow! There are a lot of cherry items. I do not think I have ever seen any. My best friend would love those S&P shakers as she has collected shakers for years and has hundreds. Some are quite old inherited from her grandmother.

Denise said...

Hi Jann,

I LOVE all your cute cherry items! Your newest dishes are so sweet and cheerful. :) I think you have the same granite counter tops as me, by the way. I think my favorite thing of all is your little glasses with the red and white gingham bands. They are precious!! They really say summer, for sure.

I've never picked cherries, but I do enjoy eating them. My favorite way to eat them is in a fresh, cherry cobbler. :) Have a great weekend, Jann.

Hugs,

Denise at Forest Manor

Unknown said...

I think this is my first time seeing a cherry collection and I'm in love!!!
So pretty- thanks for sharing..........
XOX

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

Wow! You do have a great collection of cherry items! We have four cherry trees, so most years find me on a ladder with my head in the leaves, with cherry juice running down my arms! Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a lovely week! ~Deborah

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Red and white in a kitchen always looks so cheery! My grandma had juice glasses with cherries and I always loved drinking from them. You have an outstanding collection, Jann.

Debra

Cindy DIY beautify said...

Love your collection of 'cherry ware' Jann, just charming! There is something about red that just says "this is a country kitchen"!! We used to have a cherry tree in our yard (I grew up in beautiful British Columbia, Canada) and so I've picked a lot of cherries! I love 'em :)

Nancy's Notes said...

What a special, sweet and aweome set of dishes you have there! Oh my, your collection is just fantastic, each piece is just wonderful!

Heidi's Wanderings said...

Your kitchen is so cute! Visiting from Wake Up Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

What a great cherry collection you have, Jann! I really love the cake carrier, so charming. Yes, I'd have snatched up those dishes at the top, no doubt about it. Thank you so much for sharing this at History & Home this week, take care. Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Unknown said...

I've never seen so many cherry dishes! Love them all!

Leovi said...

Yes, only wonderful creativity, exquisite designs!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Oh my! I'm so envious of your wonderful collection of all things cherry!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I remember pitting the cherries I picked the summer I turned 16. For some reason I remember wondering when my life would begin. I met the boy that I would eventually marry that fall!

Susanne said...

Love this post; there is nothing cherrier than cherries.

Debra@CommonGround said...

what a fun collection, I think my favorite has to be the old cake carrier. just adorable!!

Revi said...

So, so charming and cheerful and so YOU! Thanks for sharing at Revisionary Life Thrifty Life Thursday. :)

Cherry Chick said...

I have a set of these wonderful Cherries Jubilee dishes by Leslie Beck, too. I found them years ago at Big Lots. I'm a Cherry fan as well and I've enjoyed seeing your decor in your post.

Happy New Year!

´*•.¸(´*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥•.*.*.*.Cherry*.*.*.•♥
♥•.*.*.*.Chick.*.*.*.•♥
¸.•*´(¸.•*´♥´*•.¸)´*•.¸

Instagram